Giordano name meaning
What does Giordano mean?
Curious boy name Giordano is principally used in Italian which originated from Hebrew, meaning of Giordano is "The Descending". Giordano is form of all time favorite, prominent and biblical Jordan. Jordan is variation of The Germanic Name Jordanes See Jard. Of German, Hebrew and Germanic origin, Outlandish Jordan, Jordan means "Descend, Down-flowing and Flowing Down".
Is the name Giordano suitable for a newborn?
The name Giordano is of Hebrew origin, meaning "down-flowing." While it may not be a common choice for a newborn boy, it can be a unique and meaningful option. Names with Hebrew roots often carry symbolic and religious significance, which can add depth and character to the name. Moreover, Giordano has a strong and melodic sound that rolls off the tongue easily. It also offers several nickname options such as Gio or Dan, making it versatile and adaptable. Ultimately, the suitability of the name will depend on personal preference; however, there is nothing inherently wrong with naming a baby boy Giordano if it resonates with his parents' values and beliefs.
How do I pronounce Giordano?
The proper pronunciation of three syllabled Giordano is gi(o)-rda-no. gior-dano is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Giordano
Yarden, Jordan, Giordana, Jörn, Jordana, JordanalexanderNames that rhyme with Giordano
How popular is the name Giordano?
Giordano is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1983 but could not make beyond the top 5000. There are over 247 babies that have been given the name Giordano in United States. Also, it is uncommon in France, where it has been in use since 1911 and peaked in 1927 when it ranked 481st. Giordano is a rare baby name in England and Wales, chances of it being still in use are very slim. Giordano is a common name in Brazil while somewhat familiar name in Dominican Republic, Peru and Venezuela. At least, 20000 people globally have carried Giordano as their given name according to our estimate.
Giordano in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Giordano?
Focus on inner peace, balance, harmony, helping those in need, kindness, and love. You have the ability to see inside people's soul and find out what they want. You are often seen as the wise weirdo who doesn't talk much. You are a powerful presence and people respect you for your sharp mind and intelligence. You don't care much about money but you understand that if you have more than you need, you will be able to help those in need.
If you like Giordano, you would love these names
- Raimonda - Meaning of Raimonda is Advice or Protector is used substantially in Italian aimed at baby girls is of Germanic origin
- Zenobio - Majorly used in Italian, Zenobio has origin in Old Greek, a boy name, meaning of Zenobio is "The Element Bios Which Means Life or Life of Zeus"
- Manlio - Used in Italian unheard-of, Manlio came from Latin, Manlio means "Mane" is aimed at baby boys
- Innocenzo means Innocens or Innocent is used dominantly in Italian used as a baby boy name has origin in Latin
- Agnella - Principally used in Italian unusual, Agnella means "Chaste or Innocent" and is given to baby girls is originated from Greek and Old Greek
Sibling Names for Giordano
If you're considering the name Giordano for your little one, you might also be on the lookout for sibling names that pair well with it. Here are some suggestions to help you create a cohesive and stylish sibset for your growing family.
Names for Giordano's sister
Brother to Giordano
Famous people named Giordano
- Giordano Orsini, Italian cardinal
- Giordano d'Anglano, Italo-Swabian count and soldier
- Giordano Vitale, Italian mathematician
- Giordano Bruno, Italian Dominican friar, philosopher
- Giordano Cottur, Italian cyclist
- Giordano Meloni, Italian footballer
- Giordano Colausig is a former Italian footballer.
- Giordano Corsi is writer of movie The Overcoat
- Giordano Bruno Guerri, from 1997 biography and drama flick Stupor mundi, who portrayed Pier delle Vigne.
Lists having Giordano
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with G
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Italian Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -ano