Alessa meaning and origin
The queer unisex name Alessa means "Defender of Men, He Who Wards Off (Other) Men or Protector" chiefly used in Italian came from Old Greek. Alessa is form of renowned and ceaseless Alexis. Alexis is short of names with "Alex". Alexis is equivalent of Αλεξιος in Greek language. Alexis's meaning is Repel, To Protect and The Defender has origin in Old Greek. Alessa is short of Alexander. Alexander is equivalent of The Greek Name Αλεξανδρος in Latin language. Alexander's meaning is The Elements Alexein Meaning to Ward Off to Defend, Protect and Man and Defender of Men has its origin in Slavic, German and English. Alessa is effeminate variant of Alessio. Alessio is variation of darling Alessandro. Also Alessio is variation of durable and admired Alexander. Alessio is also variant of everlasting and widespread Alexis. Alessio is abridged form of Alexander. Alessio is Italian equivalent of Alexis. Curious Alessio is originated from Old Greek is primarily used in Italian, Alessio means "The Defender and Protect and Man".
Variants of AlessaNames that rhyme with Alessa
Popularity of Alessa
A common name in United States with over 2057 new-borns have been given the name since 1970. Recently the name is rising, in 2016, it ranked 1367th when 170 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Alessa is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2006 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 1834th. Over 114 babies in England and Wales have been named Alessa. It also recently appeared in France baby girl names chart. There are over 136 babies that have been given the name Alessa in France. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 700.
Also, Alessa is a familiar name in Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Germany, Philippines, Kuwait, Russia and Mexico. According to our findings, at least 2000 people have been bestowed Alessa around the globe.
Alessa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Alessa
You are all about adventure and travel. Your attitude is expressive and energetic. Letter A at the end of your name foreshadows your high ambition to become someone in life. You are an adventurer who likes to live on the edge but planning your future and your next moves make you feel secure. Unexpected problems boost your confidence and raise your adrenaline because you look at them as ways to prove you can handle just about everything coming on your way.
Do you like Alessa? Read these names too
- Chianti - Meaning of Chianti is Resembling the Wine has its origin in Italian is aimed at both sexes. Chianti is resulted from Chiante.
- Serenella - Girl name Serenella is used in Italian has its roots in Latin, Serenella means "Serene or Peaceful"
- Mariola - Unfamiliar Mariolas origin is Hebrew is used as a girl name, meaning of Mariola is "Bitterness" is specifically used in Italian
- Milvia - Used substantially in Italian new-fangled and offbeat, Milvia has origin in Latin, a baby girl name, Milvia means "Milvus or Pigeon Hawk"
- Venere means Love has its origin in Latin used mostly in Italian is a girl name
Namesakes of Alessa
- Alessandra Marquez in Island Paradise as Actress
- Alessandra Villegas in Más sabe el diablo: El primer golpe as Actress
- Alessandra Celi in Il mostro as Actress
- Alessandra Pinkston in Heavenly Fire as Actress
- Alessandra Grassi in La vita è bella as Actress
- Alessandra Ramos in The Dawn as Actress
- Alessandra Ferri in Dancers as Actress
- Alessandra Panaro in Rocco e i suoi fratelli as Actress