Josiah name meaning
On This Page
What does Josiah mean?
Josiah means Jehovah has Healed, Fire of the Lord or Yahweh Supports used for both genders, used majorly in Finnish, Faroese, Swedish, Danish, English and Norwegian has its origin in Hebrew. Josiah is English equivalent of Josias.
How do I pronounce Josiah?
The two syllabled name Josiah is commonly pronounced as j(o)-siah.
Variants of Josiah
Nicknames for Josiah
Check out these nickaname options for given name Josiah:
How popular is the name Josiah?
Josiah was among the very popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 107378 babies have been given the name. At the peak of its usage in 2017, it ranked 51st when 6976 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 169 years but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 100 baby names 11 times
Josiah is a common name in England and Wales given to over 2752 babies in 23 years.
At present peaked at the charts, 238 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 219th position. Josiah is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland.
Also, it appeared first time in 2002 on baby boy names list of France. But Josiah is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 10000 have the name as well as in, Kenya, Zimbabwe and South Africa.
According to our estimate, over 110000 babies have been named Josiah globally.
Josiah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Josiah?
You are trustworthy, a good listener and an awesome friend. You are a perfectionist when it comes to relationships too. You always hope your intuition is wrong and give people a chance to earn your trust. You can smell a great opportunity from miles. You are efficient, dynamic, and always look at the big picture instead of collecting the small pieces and wonder where they fit. You are all about balance, good karma, justice, having a higher purpose in life, and motivating people.
Go through the following names similar to Josiah
- Josephine - Originated from Hebrew, Well-Known and Perpetual Josephine is used as a gender insensitive name, Josephine means "God will Increase or He (God) Will Add" is dominantly used in Finnish, English and Norwegian. On the list of baby girl names, renowned Josephine managed to reach 91 in year 2018 in United States
- Payton - Used substantially in English and English unfading and prominent, Payton means "Royal or Form of Patrick". It is rooted from Old English and Latin is used as a gender-neutral name
- Alyssa - Mostly used in Danish and Finnish in fashion and outstanding, Alyssa means "German or Noble or Fighting" is a unisex name has its origin in Germanic, Hebrew and Old High German
- Tara - Well-Liked Tara is originated from Old Irish and Celtic, Tara means "Tower, Crag or Hill" bestowed upon both sexes is used primarily in Sanskrit and Hindi
- Kinsley - Used dominantly in English loved, Kinsley is used as a gender-neutral name and came from English, Kinsley means "Kings Meadow or King is One of Several Titles Occasionally Used as Given Names"
Middle names for Josiah
Complement Josiah with any of the familiar and loveable middle names assembled below.
View more middle names that goes with Josiah.
Famous people named Josiah
- Josiah Firth, New Zealand farmer
- Josiah Strong, American Protestant clergyman, organizer
- Josiah Spode, English potter and the founder of the English Spode pottery works which became famous for the quality of its wares
- Josiah Tongogara, commander of the ZANLA guerrilla army in Rhodesia
- Josiah Wedgwood II, Member of Parliament for Stoke-upon-Trent
- Josiah P. Wilbarger, legendary early Texan
- Josiah Burchett, was Secretary of the Admiralty in England
- Josiah Gilbert Holland,
- Josiah Crudup, U.S. Congressman
- Josiah Hornblower, English engineer and statesman
- Josiah Stamp, 1st Baron Stamp, English industrialist, economist, civil servant
- Josiah Mwangi Kariuki, Kenyan socialist politician during the administration of the Jomo Kenyatta government
- Josiah Belden, American pioneer and politician
- Josiah Kerr, represented Maryland's 1st congressional district
- Josiah Judah, professional boxer
- Josiah Wedgwood V, Managing Director of the Wedgwood pottery firm
- Josiah Wedgwood III, a grandson of the English potter Josiah Wedgwood
- Josiah Tucker, Welsh churchman
- Josiah Edward Spurr, American geologist, explorer, and author
- Josiah Mushore Chinamano, fought
- Josiah Gregg, merchant, explorer, naturalist
- Josiah Hort, English clergyman of the Church of Ireland
- Josiah McCracken, American football player and track and field athlete
- Josiah Hasbrouck, United States Representative from New York
- Josiah Masters, United States Representative from New York
- Josiah Snelling, first commander of Fort Snelling
- Josiah ben Joseph Pinto, Syrian rabbi and preacher born in Damascus
- Josiah Flynt, American sociologist and author
- Josiah Fox, British naval architect noted for his involvement
- Josiah A. Harris, mayor of Cleveland, Ohio in 1847
- Josiah Goddard, American Baptist missionary in China
- Josiah Merritt, early pioneer of the Pacific Northwest
- Josiah Sutherland, American lawyer and politician from New York
- Josiah Smith, clergyman in colonial South Carolina
- Josiah Lau, English language teacher in Hong Kong
- Josiah Johnston Preston, Ontario merchant and political figure
- Josiah Clowes, noted English civil engineer and canal builder
- Josiah Taft,
- Josiah, seventh-century BCE king of Judah who
- Josiah Willard Gibbs, American scientist
- Josiah Royce, American objective idealist philosopher and the founder of American idealism
- Josiah Whitney, American geologist
- Josiah Warren, individualist anarchist, inventor, musician
- Josiah Wedgwood, English potter and entrepreneur
- Josiah Harmar, officer
- Josiah Bartlett, American physician and statesman
- Josiah Henson, author, abolitionist, and minister
- Josiah Bartlet, fictional character
- Josiah Mason, English industrialist, engaged
- Josiah Child, English merchant and politician
- Josiah Bailey, Democratic U.S. senator
- Josiah Gardner Abbott, American politician
- Josiah Harlan, American adventurer
- Josiah Winslow, was
Lists having Josiah
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Jos
- Girl names that ends with -iah
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Jehovah
- Baby Names that mean Healed
- Baby Names that mean Fire
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Heals