Elsa meaning and origin
Eternal and Widely Accepted Elsa has its origin in Finnish, Scottish, German, Hebrew, Germanic, English, Spanish and Scandinavian is predominantly used in Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Arabic, German, Danish, Italian, Icelandic and Faroese, Elsa means "Snow and Ice, Cute, God's Promise, God is My Oath, Noble, Nobility, Variant of Elizabeth, Pledged to God, God is Perfection, My God is a Vow, My God is Abundance, My God has Sworn, God is Fullness or My God is Perfect" is used for both sexes. Elsa is form of biblical Elisabet. Elisabet is form of biblical and unfading Elizabeth. Elisabet is Greek and Latin equivalent of The Hebrew Name אֱלִישֶׁבַע. Elisabet means My God is Abundance and My God has Sworn has its origin in Hebrew.. Elsa is Scandinavian and English cognate of Alice. It is celebrated on November 17th.
Variants of ElsaNames that rhyme with Elsa
Popularity of Elsa
Elsa was a popular name in United States. Over 28798 babies have been named Elsa since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 1895, it ranked 215th when 1138 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 143 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 40 times Also, Elsa was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 3201 babies have been named Elsa since 1996. At its zenith in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 104th spot and 537 baby girls were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 17 times Also, Elsa was a popular name in France. Over 45539 babies have been named Elsa since 1900. At its zenith in 2015, it ranked 38th when 1498 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 116 years but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times Also, Elsa was a popular name in Spain. Over 9373 babies have been named Elsa since 2002. At the peak of its usage in 2015, 1170 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 36th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 15 years but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 2 times Also, a popular name in Sweden having over 3824 recievers in 9 years of usage. Presently the name is rising, in 2018, it ranked 10th when 730 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times
Elsa used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1996 and over 1709 babies have been given the name in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years. Elsa is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2007, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 110 on girl names chart when 59 babies were given the name Elsa. Over 996 babies in Switzerland have been named Elsa. Also, in Netherlands, in just 3 years, it has made it to the top 200 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 189 on girl names chart when 74 babies were given the name Elsa. Over 143 babies in Netherlands have been named Elsa.
Elsa is a unique baby name in Ireland, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names. In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 158 on girl names chart when 37 babies were named Elsa. There are over 182 babies that have been given the name Elsa in Ireland. However things change on global perspective, Elsa is extremely popular in Argentina where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Mexico, Mozambique, Angola and Philippines. Also the baby name is popular in Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Eritrea, Chile, Portugal, Indonesia, Italy, Germany, Brazil, Cuba, Ethiopia, Honduras, Venezuela, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Uruguay, Paraguay, South Africa, Nicaragua, Norway and East Timor. According to our estimate, at least 1410000 people have been bestowed Elsa around the globe.
Elsa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Elsa?
Although you play tough all the time, deep inside, there's a sensitive soul capable of love. Your best character traits are individuality and independence. You sleep a lot because it's your way of escaping reality. You prefer to take advantage of people, but feel disappointed when someone takes you for granted. Your intellectual mind is always generating new creative ideas. You don't take them seriously because of their mediocre lives.
Do you like Elsa? Read these names too
- Sawsan - Meaning of Sawsan is Lily of the Valley or Lily is rooted from Arabic used as a gender insensitive name is used in Sindhi and Assamese
- Najaat - Meaning of Najaat is Salvation or Deliverance used for both sexes is predominantly used in Arabic and Arabic
- Rafiqah is used particulary in Arabic and Sindhi, Rafiqah means "Companion or Friend" is given to baby girls
- Janu mostly is used in Arabic, Malayalam and Gujarati bestowed upon both sexes, meaning of Janu is "Soul, Cute or Life Force"
- Shamamah means Fragrance is used chiefly in Sindhi and Arabic is bestowed upon girls
Namesakes of Elsa
- Elsa Brändström, Swedish nurse and philanthropist
- Elsa the lioness, female lion raised along with her sisters "Big One" and "Lustica" by game warden George Adamson and his wife Joy Adamson after they were orphaned at only a few weeks old
- Elsa Dorfman, American portrait photographer
- Elsa Salazar Cade, award-winning Mexican American science teacher and entomologist
- Elsa Moberg,
- Elsa Skjerven, Norwegian politician for the Christian Democratic Party
- Elsa Cross, contemporary Spanish-language Mexican writer perhaps best
- Elsa Respighi, Italian singer and composer
- Elsa Alvarez, along with her husband Carlos Alvarez
- Elsa Andersson, was Sweden's first female aviator and stunt parachutist
- Elsa Gindler, somatic bodywork pioneer in Germany
- Elsa Osorio, was
- Elsa Rautee, Finnish poet of the labor movement
- Elsa Klensch, Australian-American journalist and novelist
- Elsa Eschelsson, first woman to finish a Doctor of Laws degree and the first to attain the academic position of docent at a Swedish university
- Elsa Laula Renberg, Sámi activist and politician
- Elsa Beskow, Swedish author and illustrator of children's books
- Elsa Lanchester, English actress with a long career in theatre
- Elsa Peretti, jewelry designer and philanthropist as well as a former fashion model
- Elsa Schiaparelli, Italian fashion designer
- Elsa Morante, Italian novelist, best
- Elsa Benítez, Mexican model and television presenter
- Elsa Triolet, Russian-French writer
- Elsa Lunghini, French singer and actress
- Elsa Joubert, Sestigers Afrikaans-language writer
- Elsa Flores, Chicana artist
- Elsa von Freytag-Loringhoven, German avant-garde, Dadaist artist and poet
- Elsa Dax, French painter and a member of the Stuckists art movement
- Elsa Gidlow, British-born, Canadian-American poet
- Elsa Maxwell, American gossip columnist and author, songwriter
- Elsa Pataky, Spanish model, actress, and film producer
- Elsa Bernstein, Austrian-German writer and dramatist of Jewish descent
- Elsa Zylberstein, French film, TV, and stage actress
- Elsa Rendschmidt, German figure skater and the first German woman to win a medal at the Olympic Games
- Elsa Spear Byron, American photographer
- Elsa Kazi, German writer of one-act plays, short stories
- Elsa Martinelli, Italian actress and fashion model
- Elsa Einstein, second wife and cousin of Albert Einstein
- Elsa Benham, dancer and silent movie performer from St
- Elsa García, Mexican artistic gymnast and she competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Elsa Raven, American character actress
- Elsa Lin, Singaporean singer
- Elsa Pinilla Osuna, Spanish singer-songwriter and actress
- Elsa Daniel, Argentine film actress
- Elsa Aguirre, Mexican actress of the Golden Age of Mexican cinema
- Elsa Payen in Blackhat as Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
- Elsa Zamparelli in Beyond the Next Mountain as Set Decorator
- Elsa Houben in Ce soir je vais tuer l'assassin de mon fils as Actress
- Elsa Carnaby in Blow as Actress
- Elsa Ramon in So What's the Purpose of a Platypus? as Actress
- Elsa Guillet-Chapuis in Much Ado About Nothing as Camera and Electrical Department
- Elsa Pharaon in Le passé as Casting Department
- Elsa Carette in Molly Takes a Trip as Actress
- Elsa Janssen in The Pride of the Yankees as Actress
- Elsa O'Connor Elsa Oâ € ™ Connor, whose real name was Elsa Asunci6n Celestino, was an Argentine actress of cinema and theater who knew how to interpret characters of strong character.
- In 1969 drama flick, El día de mañana, Elsa Baeza characterized N.
- Elsa Bassermann, from 1920 drama film Die Söhne des Grafen Dossy, who portrayed Gräfin.
- Elsa Cardiel, from 1979 action and crime flick La hija del contrabando, who characterized the N.
- Elsa Dalands, from 1936 comedy, romance movie Wenn wir alle Engel wären, who characterized Selma Kempenich - die Tante.
- Elsa del Campillo played leading character of N in 1951 drama movie Martín pescador.
- In 1999, Elsa Dourdet played the role of Marie in drama flick Qui plume la lune?.
- In 2001 horror movie, Le rat, Elsa Joly portrayed The girl near the river.
- In 1927, Elsa Krueger portrayed the role of Baronin Inge von Holten in flick Die Villa im Tiergarten.
- In 1968, Elsa Lystad portrayed the role of Jenny in action, crime flick Smuglere.
- Elsa Merlini, from 1936 drama, history film Ginevra degli Almieri, who portrayed Ginevra Degli Almieri.
- Elsa Montes characterized small role of N in 1987 action and crime movie Adorables criminales.
- Elsa Moreno characterized the pivotal character of Baiana in 1933 comedy, musical flick A Voz do Carnaval.
- Elsa Prawitz, from 1954 romance film Förtrollad vandring, who portrayed the Louise von Bogenhusen.
- Elsa Rantalainen, from 1948 drama, romance film Soita minulle, Helena!, who characterized Kristiina Talasti.
- In 1971, Elsa Rizou played the role of Sofia Raizi in comedy, romance flick Ethelontis ston erota.
- Elsa Rumina, from 1938 drama flick A Canção da Terra, who characterized the Bastiana.
- Elsa Sophie Gambard played the central role of Pegah in 2007 comedy, drama flick Free Rainer.
- Elsa Segerberg, from 1931 comedy flick Aatamin puvussa ja vähän Eevankin, who characterized Alli.
- In 1925, Elsa Silber played the role of N in drama film Tseka komissar Mirostsenko.
- Elsa Turakainen, from 1954 drama movie Niskavuoren Aarne, who characterized Loviisa Niskavuori.
- Elsa Wallin, from 1931 flick Den farliga leken, who characterized Alice.
- In 1944 drama and fantasy flick, Flickan och djävulen, Elsa Widborg characterized Häxan.
- Elsa Zara characterized the key character of Jenny Ladimoor in 1919 adventure film L'atleta fantasma.
- In 1920, Elsa D'Auro portrayed the role of N in film Il milione.
- In 1922, Elsa Granger characterized the role of Belle Delair in drama, thriller flick A Rough Passage.
- In 1974 drama movie, Pueblo chico, Elsa Antequera played N.
Lists having Elsa
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Snow
- Baby Names that mean Ice
- Baby Names that mean Cute
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Promise
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Nobility
- Baby Names that mean Pledged
- Baby Names that mean Perfection
- Baby Names that mean Vow
- Baby Names that mean Abundance
- Baby Names that mean Sworn
- Baby Names that mean Fullness
- Baby Names that mean Perfect