Harvey name meaning
What does Harvey mean?
Used especially in English long standing and trendy, Harvey is originated from Celtic, Harvey means "Army Warrior, Burning for Battle or Strong and Ardent, Eager for Battle, Presumably Struggle or Lively" is a unisex name . Harvey is form of outstanding Herve. Herve is version of everlasting and desirable Harvey. Herve's meaning is Bitter and Burning for Battle or Strong and Ardent is used primarily in English is originated from Celtic. It is celebrated on June 17th.
How do I pronounce Harvey?
The two syllabled name Harvey is commonly pronounced as har-vee.
Variants of Harvey
How popular is the name Harvey?
Harvey was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 121650 babies have been given the given name. When at the peak of its usage in 1880, the moniker grabbed the 50th spot and 2285 baby boys were given the name. However after 201 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times Also, Harvey was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 32165 babies have been named Harvey since 1996. When at its peak in 2005, the moniker grabbed the 27th spot and 2431 baby boys were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 13 times
A common name in New South Wales having over 1016 recievers in 5 years of usage. When at its peak in 2017, it ranked 27th when 250 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, In Queensland, Harvey was once a common name since emerging in 2014 it has been given to over 843 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 2019,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 6 years but it is still going strong. Also, Harvey used to be a common name in Victoria, first appeared in 2008 and over 1695 babies have been given the name in 11 years. At its zenith in 2019,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 11 years but it is still going strong.
Harvey is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. Recently in 2018, 56 babies were given Harvey and it reached its peak ranking, 279 on boy names chart. There are over 231 babies that have been given the name Harvey in Netherlands. Also, in Western Australia, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 86 babies were given Harvey and it reached its peak ranking, 31 on boy names chart.
Harvey is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1968 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 136 on boy names chart when 46 babies were named Harvey. Over 452 babies in Ireland have been named Harvey. The moniker is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 27 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 126 people have been named Harvey in France.
Harvey is a rare baby name in Western Australia still in use today. But Harvey is a popular baby name in Canada where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Philippines and England. At least, 150000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Harvey in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Harvey
You are always in the center of attention and the one who stands for what's right. You sleep a lot because it's your way of escaping reality. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. You are all about adventure and travel. You like to insult people in order to awaken their motivation and practically ‘force' them to prove they can do something. You are always there to help people in need with a good advice or do something that would ease up their situation, or at least make them feel more comfortable in their own skin.
Other names similar to Harvey
- Ciarah - Meaning of Ciarah is Tipperary and Black is originated from Celtic is given to baby girls. Ciarah is derived from Ciara.
- Ruairidh - Used in Finnish and Scottish, Ruairidh is used as a boy name, Ruairidh means "Red King" came from Old Irish, Germanic and Celtic
- Caoimhín is form of Cáemgen in Gaelic language
- Percival - The widespread and ever lasting boy name Percival means "Pierces, Pierce the Vale or One who Pierces the Valley". Its origin is in Celtic and Welsh is used particulary in English, French and Finnish
- Malina - Unconventional Malina came from Celtic, Hebrew and Old Greek languages is a baby girl name, particulary used in Tamil and Indian, meaning of Malina is "Brown or Name of a River"
Middle names for Harvey
Possible options for a child named Harvey include these booming and popular middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Harvey.
Famous people named Harvey
- Harvey Ball, American commercial artist
- Harvey Sachs, American-Canadian-Swiss writer
- Harvey Spencer Lewis, founder
- Harvey Penick, American golf professional and coach
- Harvey Pittel, American saxophonist
- Harvey Matusow, American Communist
- Harvey Schmidt, American composer for musical theatre and illustrator
- Harvey Smith, former British show jumping champion
- Harvey Sacks, American sociologist influenced by the ethnomethodology tradition
- Harvey Teasdale, Victorian performer best
- Harvey Lonsdale Elmes, English architect
- Harvey Smith, Canadian politician
- Harvey Einbinder, American physicist, author and amateur historian
- Harvey Bostrom, former politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Harvey Flaumenhaft, scholar, sporadic media commentator
- Harvey Patterson, Canadian politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Harvey S. Ladew, American topiary enthusiast
- Harvey Andrews, English singer-songwriter and poet
- Harvey Kirck, Canadian news anchor
- Harvey Klehr, professor of politics and history at Emory University
- Harvey Jackson III, Professor of History at Jacksonville State University
- Harvey Simpson, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Harvey Bialy, American molecular biologist and AIDS denialist
- Harvey Cox, Harvey Gallagher Cox Jr
- Harvey I. Sloane, a physician and Democrat
- Harvey Friedman, mathematical logician at Ohio State University
- Harvey Ward, was Director-General of the Rhodesian Broadcasting Corporation
- Harvey Wood, English field hockey player
- Harvey Hodder, politician in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Harvey Weiss, archaeologist who teaches at Yale University
- Harvey E. Johnson Jr., Harvey E. Johnson Jr
- Harvey Henderson Wilcox, and that they founded together in 1887
- Harvey Newcomb, American clergyman and writer
- Harvey Leibenstein, Ukrainian-born American Jewish economist
- Harvey Bullock, American television and film writer and producer
- Harvey Warren Zorbaugh, was Professor of Educational Sociology
- Harvey Wasserman, American journalist, author, democracy activist
- Harvey C. Jewett IV, American attorney
- Harvey Wheeler, American author, political scientist, and scholar
- Harvey Oren Banks, American civil engineer
- Harvey Shank, former Major League Baseball pitcher
- Harvey Fergusson, American writer
- Harvey Sollberger, American composer, flutist
- Harvey Butchart, mathematics professor
- Harvey Scales, American R&B singer, songwriter, and producer
- Harvey Bainbridge, English bass and keyboard player
- Harvey Fletcher, American physicist
- Harvey Hubbell, American inventor, entrepreneur and industrialist
- Harvey J. Alter, American medical researcher, virologist
- Harvey Goldschmid, Dwight Professor of Law at Columbia Law School
- Harvey Keitel, American actor and producer
- Harvey Washington Wiley, noted American chemist best
- Harvey Milk, American politician and the first openly gay elected official
- Harvey Fierstein, American actor, playwright, and voice actor
Lists having Harvey
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Har
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1940)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Army
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Worthy
- Baby Names that mean Burning
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Ardent
- Baby Names that mean Eager
- Baby Names that mean Struggle
- Baby Names that mean Lively