Birgitta meaning and origin
Anomalous Birgitta is originated from Celtic and Old Norse is used mainly in Scandinavian, Faroese, Finnish, Danish, Nordic, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish, Birgitta means "The Exalted One or Sublime" is a girl name . Birgitta is a variant of saintly and prevailing Birgit. Birgit is a variant form of popular Birgitta. Birgit is form of Birgitta and Brigitte in Nordic language. Uncommon Birgit's origin is Old Norse and Celtic, meaning of Birgit is "The Exalted One and Sublime". Birgitta is variation of virtuous, loved and eternal Bridget. Bridget is version of customary Brigitte. Bridget is English form of Brigitte. Also Bridget is English cognate of Brighid. Bridget means The High One, Power and Strong Man of God has its origin in Celtic. Also Birgitta is Nordic cognate of Brigitta.
Variants of BirgittaNames that rhyme with Birgitta
Popularity of Birgitta
Birgitta is an uncommon baby name in United States where it had been in use since 1959 and achieved its top ranking of 3789 in 1961. But Birgitta is a popular baby name in Sweden where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in Germany. At least, 40000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Birgitta in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Birgitta
You are very smart and calculative. You are not used to standing in one place for too long because monotony isn't a thing you can get used to like many people today. You have people who love you. Open your mind and allow yourself to form a different opinion than the usual one you have. Hanging around people who don't have a purpose or goal in life is not your thing. You are not selfish but you are not naive as well.
Looking for names similar to Birgitta? Please go through the following names
- Tarrah means Sanskrit Tara, Rocky Hill or Hill customarily used for baby girls is came from Celtic is substantially used in English
- Mallien - Malliens origin is Celtic, meaning of Mallien is "Hostage or Luminous or Pledge"
- Maure - The girl name Maure means "Moorish" came from Latin and Celtic
- Bodmaël - The Bodmaël has its origin in Gaelic and Celtic, meaning of Bodmaël is "Lord or Prince"
- Devyna - Girl name Devyna is notably used in English which is rooted from Celtic, Devyna means "From Devonshire"
Namesakes of Birgitta
- Birgitta Tolksdorf, German actress, best known
- Birgitta Eriksson, Swedish social democratic politician
- Birgitta Carlsson, Swedish Centre Party politician
- Birgitta Ahlqvist, member of the Riksdag from 1994 to 1995
- Birgitta Haukdal, Icelandic singer
- Birgitta Trotzig, Swedish writer
- Birgitta Dahl, Swedish former politician of the Social Democratic Party
- Birgitta Ohlsson, Swedish politician
- Birgitta Sellén, Swedish Centre Party politician
- Birgitta Valberg, Swedish actress
- Birgitta Pettersson, Swedish film actress
- Birgitta Johansson in Harry Carey Jr. Hosts Tales from the Set as Producer
- Birgitta Andersson in Att angöra en brygga as Actress
- Birgitta Ahlgren is well-known for her acting in movie Hj�lten