Arthur name meaning
On This Page
What does Arthur mean?
Eternal and Loved Arthur substantially is used in Danish, Malayalam, German, Kannada, Swedish, Oriya, Tamil, Marathi, Hindi, Norwegian, Telugu, English, Gujarati, Bengali, Icelandic and Finnish, meaning of Arthur is "Noble Strength, Bear, Stone or Arthur was a Great King Lives In 6Th Century" which came from Celtic and Germanic is used as a gender insensitive name.
Arthur is equivalent of Arthur in English language. Arthur is celebrated on November 15th.
What do we think of Arthur as a name for a newborn?
Arthur is a popular baby boy name that has become increasingly popular in recent times. It originates from Celtic mythology and means 'bear', 'strong man' or Thor.
This name has been associated with great warriors and leaders throughout history, including King Arthur of Camelot. It's a timeless, classic name that exudes strength and power, making it a great choice for parents looking to give their baby boy an inspiring and distinctive name.
Its popularity also makes it easy to find personalized items like books, toys, or clothes with the name Arthur on them - a bonus for any new parent looking to create lasting memories for their little one.
Overall, Arthur is an excellent choice for parents seeking a strong and timeless baby boy name without giving too much thought to its meaning or origin.
How do I pronounce Arthur?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Arthur is a-rthur. ar-thur is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Arthur
Nicknames for Arthur
Common nicknames for name Arthur include:Names that rhyme with Arthur
How popular is the name Arthur?
an extremely popular name in United States having over 532101 recievers in 254 years of usage. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 1880, the moniker grabbed the 14th spot and 10526 baby boys were given the name.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names an astounding 74 times Also, Arthur is a popular name in England and Wales given to over 21199 babies in 23 years.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 7th when 3644 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 10 baby names 1 times Also, a popular name in France having over 117712 recievers in 126 years of usage.
At present the name is rising, in 2018, 4261 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 7th position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 4 times Also, a popular name in Belgium with over 11091 new-borns have been given the name since 1995.
Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, 610 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 9 times
A common name in Switzerland with over 1914 new-borns have been given the name since 1998.
At present peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 42nd spot and 157 baby boys were given the name. Also, Arthur is common in Netherlands where over 519 new-borns have been given the name since 2015.
The name is current favorite of the parents, in 2019, 131 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 125th position. Also, Arthur is a common name in Denmark given to over 1559 babies in 7 years.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 13rd when 307 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 7 times Also, Arthur is a common name in New South Wales given to over 943 babies in 10 years.
Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2019, it ranked 51st when 166 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Arthur is common in Queensland where over 434 new-borns have been given the name since 1960.
At present the name is rising, in 2019, 133 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 47th position. Also, Arthur is common in Victoria where over 311 new-borns have been given the name since 2017.
Recently the name is rising, in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 53rd spot and 141 baby boys were given the name.
Arthur is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
Recently in 2018, 92 babies were given Arthur and it reached its peak ranking, 73 on boy names chart. Over 1341 people have been named Arthur in Ireland. Arthur is a unique baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 50 on boy names chart when 47 babies were named Arthur.
Arthur is a rare baby name in Northern Territory where it is still in use and also in Western Australia.
But Arthur is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 900 have the name as well as in, Brazil, Philippines, Germany, Canada, DR Congo, South Africa, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Liberia, Jamaica, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Australia, Kenya and Scotland.
As per our research, over 910000 people has been named Arthur globally.
Arthur in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Arthur
To have letter A as your cornerstone means having a leadership attitude. In order to keep your motivation high, you must interact with people every now and then. Having number 1 as your personality no represents your determination, strong will to change the world and ambition. You need to listen to people occasionally to make them feel better and important. You like to establish deep connections for life rather than just hang around with different people all the time.
Do you like Arthur? You would love these names
- Conroy means Way Stubborn or Hound of the Plain is rooted from Irish, Gaelic and Celtic which is commonly used in English is aimed at baby boys
- Genny - The infrequent girl name Genny is commonly used in English, Genny means "Race or Woman, White or Smooth or Race of Women" is of German and Celtic origin
- Jennae means Modern Name Based on Jane or Jean or Based on Janai is originated from Old Welsh, Latin and Celtic, used substantially in English is a girl name
- Kaylen - Popular unisex name Kaylen is rooted from Old Irish, Celtic and Hebrew which is commonly used in English language, Kaylen means "Pure, Descendant of Caollaidhe or Keeper of the Keys"
- Gille Easbaig has its origin in Celtic bestowed upon baby boys, Gille Easbaig means "Bishops Servant" is commonly used in Danish and Swedish
Sibling Names for Arthur
Introducing the timeless and classic name for your baby boy, Arthur. Whether you're looking for inspiration or simply love this name, we've compiled a list of sibling names that are perfect to complement your little one's moniker. From traditional picks to modern twists, there's something for every family. So without further ado, check out our top sibling names for Arthur below!
Sister for Arthur
Names for Arthur's brother
Famous people named Arthur
- Arthur William à Beckett, English journalist and intellectual
- Arthur J. Stone, a leading American silversmith, was born
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, Anglo-Irish soldier and Tory statesman
- Arthur Sullivan, English composer
- Arthur Honegger, Swiss composer
- Arthur Bliss, English composer and conductor
- Arthur Fadden, Australian politician
- Arthur Lasenby Liberty, London-based merchant
- Arthur Furguson, was a Scottish con artist
- Arthur Golding, English translator of more than 30 works
- Arthur Hoffmann, Swiss politician and member of the Swiss Federal Council
- Arthur Dee, physician and alchemist
- Arthur Murphy, Irish writer
- Arthur Kellermann, American physician, epidemiologist
- Arthur Rubinstein, Polish American classical pianist
- Arthur Symons, British poet, critic and magazine editor
- Arthur Helton, lawyer, refugee advocate, teacher and author
- Arthur Hallam, English poet
- Arthur Johnston, Scottish poet and physician
- Arthur Judson Brown, American clergyman, missionary and author
- Arthur Porges, American author of numerous short stories
- Arthur Tappan, American abolitionist
- Arthur Helps, English writer and dean of the Privy Council
- Arthur Hertzberg, Conservative rabbi and prominent Jewish-American scholar and activist
- Arthur Kantrowitz, American scientist, engineer, and educator
- Arthur Chatto,
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy, British poet and herpetologist
- Arthur Zimmermann, was State Secretary for Foreign Affairs of the German Empire
- Arthur Aston, was appointed Proprietary Governor of Avalon
- Arthur B. Reeve, American mystery writer
- Arthur Lloyd, Scottish singer, songwriter
- Arthur Mathews, Irish comedy writer and actor who
- Arthur Oncken Lovejoy, American philosopher and intellectual historian,
- Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher
- Arthur Aikin, founding member of the Chemical Society
- Arthur Eddington, have covered 100 km on 100 days or more
- Arthur Jensen, American psychologist and author
- Arthur Evans, English archaeologist and pioneer in the study of Aegean civilization
- Arthur Penrhyn Stanley, English churchman and academic
- Arthur Wightman, American mathematical physicist
- Arthur Prior, noted logician and philosopher
- Arthur Cayley, British mathematician
- Arthur E. Kennelly, Irish-American electrical engineer
- Arthur Leonard Schawlow, American physicist and co-inventor of the laser with Charles Townes
- Arthur Louis Day, American geophysicist and volcanologist
- Arthur Compton, American physicist
- Arthur Matthew Weld Downing, Irish mathematician and astronomer
- Arthur Eichengrün, German Jewish chemist, materials scientist
- Arthur Auwers, German astronomer
- Arthur Tansley, English botanist and a pioneer
- Arthur Miller, American playwright, essayist
- Arthur Phillip, Royal Navy officer and the first Governor of New South Wales
- Arthur St. Clair, Arthur St
- Arthur Laurents, American playwright
- Arthur Machen, Welsh author and mystic of the 1890s and early 20th century
- Arthur Hailey, British-Canadian novelist whose plot-driven storylines were set against the backdrops of various industries
- Arthur Schnitzler, Austrian author and dramatist
- Arthur de Gobineau, French aristocrat
- Arthur Balfour, British statesman and Conservative Party politician
- Arthur Middleton, signatory of the United States Declaration of Independence
- Arthur M. Brazier, The Rev
- Arthur Rimbaud, French poet
- Arthur Brown, English rock singer and songwriter best
- Arthur Kennedy, American stage and film actor
- Arthur Wing Pinero, English actor and later an important dramatist and stage director
- Arthur Ransome, English author and journalist
- Arthur I, Duke of Brittany, was 4th Earl of Richmond and Duke of Brittany between 1196 and 1203
Lists having Arthur
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1969)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Bear
- Baby Names that mean Rock
- Baby Names that mean Strength
- Baby Names that mean Stone
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean King
- Baby Names that mean Lives