Hossein meaning and origin
Offbeat Arabic Hossein is used particulary in English, Arabic and Persian aimed at baby boys, meaning of Hossein is "Good and Beautiful or Beautiful". Hossein is variant form of dominant and angelic Hasan. Hasan is equivalent of Hassan in Turkish language. Odd Arabic Hasan, meaning of Hasan is "Laughter, Good and Beautiful and Lord Chandra".
Variants of HosseinNames that rhyme with Hossein
Popularity of Hossein
Hossein is an uncommon baby name in still in use in United States. During its 22 years of usage in France, it had made up to just the top 2000 boy names. Hossein is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. But an extremely popular name in Iran where every 1 in 70 have the name. At least, 1220000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Hossein in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Hossein
Set up a positive mindset already and start figuring things out. Work now and enjoy later. Working on spiritual growth is what makes you happy and fulfilled. Stop being so kind and show people their place in your life. Peace, balance, harmony, honesty, and fairness describe your soul the best. You don't have to struggle to get the things you want because you are born under a lucky star. You are the peacemaker in your society.
Parents who liked Hossein, loved these names
- Kashif - Commonly used in Marathi, Kannada and Arabic unorthodox, Kashif bestowed upon boys, meaning of Kashif is "Uncovered, One who Displays or A Connoisseur"
- Pinkal means Mindless is used as a boy name is notably used in Bengali, Telugu and Oriya
- Emran - Meaning of Emran is Progress or Achievement is principally used in Arabic and Arabic is a unisex name
- Niyaaz means Desire or Offering is used commonly in Arabic and Tamil is bestowed upon boys
- Dhamir - Boy name Dhamir is used dominantly in Tamil and Arabic languages, meaning of Dhamir is "Conscience or Heart"
Namesakes of Hossein
- Hossein Gol-e-Golab, polymath Iranian scholar and musician
- Hossein Saffar Harandi, Iranian politician
- Hossein Tavakkoli, Iranian weightlifter
- Hossein Dadgar, politician of Persia
- Hossein Ala', was Prime Minister of Iran in 1951 and
- Hossein Sheikholeslam, Iranian politician and the current advisor to the foreign minister Javad Zarif
- Hossein Ghomi, Iranian judoka
- Hossein Malek-Afzali, Iranian scientist
- Hossein Sanapour, Iranian writer
- Hossein Khan Sardar, Iranian statesman in Qajar Iran
- Hossein Nasr, Iranian professor emeritus of Islamic studies at George Washington University
- Hossein Bashiriyeh, Iranian scholar
- Hossein Elahi Ghomshei, Iranian scholar, Philosopher
- Hossein Derakhshan, Iranian-Canadian blogger
- Hossein Marashi, Iranian politician
- Hossein Alizâdeh, Iranian musician, composer, radif-preserver
- Hossein Rezazadeh, Iranian politician and retired Olympic weightlifter
- Hossein Amanat, Iranian-Canadian architect
- Hossein Kaebi, Iranian retired football player and coach
- Hossein Shariatmadari, managing editor of 'Kayhan'
- Hossein Behzad, prominent Iranian painter
- Hossein Fatemi, scholar, journalist, and famous politician of Iran
- Hossein Banai,
- Hossein Kazemi, Iranian football player
- Hossein Dehlavi, Persian composer
- Hossein Badamaki, retired Iranian Footballer
- Hossein Tehrani, Iranian musician and tonbak player
- Hossein Kazemeyni Boroujerdi, Iranian Twelver Shi'i Muslim cleric
- Hossein Kazerani, retired Iranian football player
- Hossein Noori Hamedani, Iranian Twelver Shi'a Marja
- Hossein Vahid Khorasani, is one of the most senior Twelver Shia Marja' living
- Hossein Behroozinia, Iranian barbat and oud player
- Hossein Zenderoudi, Iranian painter, calligrapher and sculptor
- Hossein Yari, was born in 1968 in Tehran, Iran
- Hossein Mazaheri, senior Iranian Twelver Shia Marja
- Hossein Kamali, Iranian politician and the current secretary-general of Islamic Labour Party
- Hossein Sadaghiani, football biography
- Hossein Khajeh Amiri, Iranian singer
- Hossein Kalani, retired Iranian football striker
- Hossein Abedini in Baran as Actor
- Hossein Amini in Drive as Writer
- Hossein Askari is an Iranian professional cyclist.
- Composer Hossein Alizadeh, movie The Queen
- Hossein Parvaresh portrayed central role of N in 1983 movie Noghteh Zaf.
- In 1977, Hossein Maloomi played the role of N in adventure and crime flick Kooch.
- In 1990, Hossein Yaryar played the role of N in drama film Chavosh.
- Hossein Sheydaie portrayed the critical character of N in 2002 film Aye zohaye zamin.
- In 1955 film, Akharin shab, Hossein Daneshavar played Mansoor.
- In 1975, Hossein Hajar played the role of Morteza in drama film Haft-tirhaye choobi.
- In 1971 comedy film, Samad va ghalicheyeh hazrat soleyman, Hossein Hosseini played N.