Isha name meaning
What does Isha mean?
Uncommon unisex name Isha has its origin in Sanskrit which is used in Bengali, Sanskrit, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Assamese, Sikh, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Sindhi, Telugu, Indian, Oriya and Arabic languages, Isha means "One who Protects, Goddess Durga, The Female Energy, Purity, Gift from God or Night Prayer".
Is the name Isha suitable for a newborn?
Isha is a beautiful and unique name for a baby girl. It has a strong Sanskrit origin which adds to its charm. What makes this name even more special is its meaning - "One who protects" and "The ruler". These two meanings conveys the idea of strength, power and protection, which are all desirable traits in any child. Additionally, the name Isha has a wonderful sound to it that is easy to pronounce and remember, making it perfect for parents who want a simple yet elegant name for their baby daughter. Overall, Isha is a great choice for parents looking for something meaningful and lovely for their little one.
How do I pronounce Isha?
The two syllabled name Isha is pronounced, i-sha.
Variants of IshaNames that rhyme with Isha
How popular is the name Isha?
A common name in United States with over 3977 new-borns have been given the name since 1960. Presently the name is rising, in 2002, the moniker grabbed the 1082nd spot and 196 baby girls were given the name. Also, Isha was a common name in England and Wales. Over 1990 babies have been named Isha since 1996. At its zenith in 2003,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years.
Isha is an uncommon baby name in France where it has been in use since 2000 and peaked in 2015 when it ranked 2895th. But Isha is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 30000 have the name as well as in, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Somalia. At least, 110000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Isha in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Isha
You are intelligent and independent. When you walk into a room, all eyes are you and you only. When it comes to friendships, you respect the people you hang out with and you are always there to give a hand when needed. You are into material possessions but you don't realize it's not what matters most. People who know you describe you as driven and ambitious. Don't settle for an ordinary life. Don't be ordinary.
Other names similar to Isha
- Omaira - Unwonted Arabic Omaira means "Red, Awesome or Star" used substantially in Marathi, Tamil and Telugu is a baby girl name
- Mabad - Mabad's meaning is A Place of Worship or Many of the Prominent People had this Name Including the Companions Ibn Khalid Al-juhanni or Ibn-hawzah RA is used specifically in Arabic and Sindhi is used as a baby boy name
- Gulzar - Originated from Old Persian, Gulzar means "Place Where Flowers Grow or An Inhabited Town" used dominantly in Gujarati, Marathi and Kannada is in general given to both sexes
- Taqdees means A Name for Allah, Respect or The Almighty is especially used in Arabic and Arabic is a unisex name
- Irshad - Mainly used in Hindi, Kannada and Sindhi unusual, Irshad means "Signal, Guiding Hand or Guidance" has its origin in Arabic is used for baby boys
Famous people named Isha
- Isha Koppikar, Indian actress and model
- Isha Sharvani, Indian Contemporary dancer and actress
- Isha Judd, writer and spiritual teacher
- Isha Sesay, British journalist of Sierra Leonean descent
- Isha Basant Joshi, Indian author
- Actor Isha Manna Beck, notable for movie The Contenders
Lists having Isha
- Boys names beginning with I
- Girls names beginning with I
- English Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -sha
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Protects
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Durga
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Energy
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean Parvati
- Baby Names that mean Purity
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Night
- Baby Names that mean Prayer