Javier name meaning
On This Page
What does Javier mean?
Commonly Accepted unisex name Javier means "Owner of a New House, Born in January or The Mountain that is a Mile in Height" used commonly in Arabic, Hindi, Portuguese, Spanish and English is originated from Basque and Latin.
Javier is variant form of noteworthy and virtuous Xavier. Xavier is equivalent of Xaver in French and English languages. Also Xavier is Hispanic form of placeEtcheberria meaning 'new house'. Origin of Well-Liked Xavier is in Arabic and Basque, meaning of Xavier is "New and Owner of a New Home".
The name is celebrated on September 19th.
How do I pronounce Javier?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Javier is hah-vee-AIR. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., j(a)-vier.
Variants of Javier
How popular is the name Javier?
Javier was a popular name in United States. Over 98288 babies have been given the moniker in 144 years. At the peak of its usage in 1998, it ranked 149th when 2635 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 144 years but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 69 times Also, a popular name in Spain with over 51709 new-borns have been given the name since 2002.
At its zenith in 2003, the moniker grabbed the 5th spot and 4909 baby boys were given the name. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times
Javier is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1951 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 1970, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 358 on boy names chart when 59 babies were given the name Javier. There are over 841 babies that have been given the name Javier in France.
Javier is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 948 on boy names chart when 29 babies were named Javier.
There are over 395 babies that have been given the name Javier in England and Wales.
Javier is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. And also in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Javier is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Colombia, Argentina and Peru. Also the baby name is popular in Venezuela, Chile, Bolivia, Ecuador, Cuba, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Uruguay, Paraguay, Philippines, Puerto Rico and El Salvador.
According to our findings, over 1890000 babies have been named Javier globally.
Javier in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Javier?
You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. Handling the problems and life situations of others keeps you distracted from your own. You always give the best ideas at work but lack of ideas when it comes to your personal life. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes. You learn from your mistakes faster than others. Your friends have a hard time decoding your mood.
Do you like Javier? Read these names too
- Calmin - Meaning of Calmin is Lively or Burning Calmer has origin in Greek and Latin
- Dulce - Prevalent unisex name Dulce is particulary used in Spanish. It is rooted from Latin, meaning of Dulce is "The Sweet"
- Vienna - Vienna's meaning is From Wine Country or From Vienna is a girl name that came from Latin is used notably in Malayalam and English
- Balbo - Boy name Balbo means "Inarticulate or Stammerer" used in Hindi has its origin in Latin language
- Maoris - The Maoris is used notably in Breton, Maoris means "Moorish" is rooted from Latin
Middle names for Javier
These are some of the trending and familiar options for Javier middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Javier.
Famous people named Javier
- Javier Zapata, Colombian biketrial rider
- Javier Moreno, Spanish politician and former Member of the European Parliament for the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party
- Javier Treviño,
- Javier Castrilli, former football referee from Buenos Aires
- Javier Grillo-Marxuach, television screenwriter and producer
- Javier Pereira, Zenú Indian from Colombia
- Javier González, professional racecar driver
- Javier Bruses, member of the Men's National Team that finished fourth at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Javier Mariscal, Spanish artist and designer whose work has spanned a wide range of mediums
- Javier de Burgos, Spanish jurist, politician, journalist
- Javier Moracho, retired hurdler from Spain
- Javier Barros Sierra, Mexican engineer and Rector of the National Autonomous University of Mexico during the 1968 Tlatelolco massacre
- Javier Bedoya, founder of the Christian People's Party and was Mayor of Lima
- Javier Conte, Argentine sailboat racer
- Javier Ruiz Pérez, Chief Editor at Cadena SER
- Javier García, retired Spanish pole vaulter,
- Javier Lozano Alarcón, Mexican politician
- Javier de Bengoechea, Spanish poet
- Javier Abril Espinoza, Honduran writer based in Switzerland
- Javier Ruiz Rueda, Mexican composer and writer
- Javier Corcobado, musician, letterist, poet and novelist
- Javier Busto, Originally trained as a medical doctor
- Javier Ovando, Honduran man
- Javier Jose Mendoza, Mexican American conductor
- Javier Mazariegos, Spanish politician of the People's Party
- Javier Heraud, Peruvian poet and member of the Ejército de Liberación Nacional
- Javier Arenas, Spanish politician
- Javier Torres Maldonado, Mexican composer internationally recognized for, mostly
- Javier Fernández, Spanish judoka
- Javier Jáuregui, Jáuregui was born on 5 September 1973
- Javier Elorriaga, Mexican journalist
- Javier García, retired handball coach and former Spanish handball player
- Javier Martínez-Torrón, founding member of the Directive Board of the first Spanish legal periodical specifically focused on the law of the State on religious issues
- Javier Lozano Barragán, Mexican Cardinal and president Emeritus of the Pontifical Council for the Pastoral Care of Health Care Workers
- Javier Echevarría Rodríguez, Spanish bishop of the Roman Catholic Church
- Javier Saviola, Argentine retired professional footballer
- Javier Bardem, Spanish actor
- Javier Pérez de Cuéllar, Peruvian diplomat
- Javier Solana, Spanish physicist and Socialist politician
- Javier Sánchez, former professional tennis player from Spain
- Javier Zanetti, Argentine former footballer
- Javier Sotomayor, Cuban former track and field athlete
- Javier Alatorre, Mexican journalist
- Javier Otxoa, Spanish cyclist
- Javier Vázquez, former Major League Baseball starting pitcher
- Javier Portillo, Spanish retired footballer who played as a forward
- Javier Mascherano, Argentine professional footballer
- Javier de Pedro, He played as a left midfielder
- Javier Diez Canseco, Peruvian politician and member of the Peruvian Congress representing the Socialist Party of Peru
- Javier Castillejo, Spanish former professional boxer
- Javier Marías, Spanish novelist, translator, and columnist
- Javier Rosas, male athlete from Mexico
Lists having Javier
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- Basque Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Jav
- Baby Names that mean Owner
- Baby Names that mean House
- Baby Names that mean Mountain
- Baby Names that mean Night
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Victorious
- Baby Names that mean Forest
- Baby Names that mean Green
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Holy
- Baby Names that mean Month