Arlen name meaning
On This Page
What does Arlen mean?
Famous unisex name Arlen has origin in Germanic, Irish and Gaelic is used dominantly in English language. Arlen is version of unfading and lofty Harlan. Origin of Famous Harlan is in Germanic and Old English is used dominantly in English language, meaning of Harlan is "From the Hare's Land and Hare Land".
How do I pronounce Arlen?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Arlen is a-rlen. ar-len is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of ArlenNames that rhyme with Arlen
How popular is the name Arlen?
Arlen used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1909 and over 7391 babies have been given the name in 163 years. At the peak of its usage in 1934,.
However after 163 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the moniker has been in Arlen is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 763 on boy names chart when 43 babies were named Arlen. There are over 227 babies that have been given the name Arlen in England and Wales.
Arlen is a rare baby name in France still in use today. But Arlen is a popular baby name in Nicaragua where every 1 in 800 have the name as well as in Philippines.
As per our estimate, over 30000 babies have been bestowed Arlen around the globe.
Arlen in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Arlen?
You need to communicate with people in order to expand your knowledge and widen your perspective. You are creative by soul and like to amaze people with your unusual actions. You hate the usual 9 to 5 way of working and prefer freelance working instead of a regular job. Negative people steal your energy and leave you drained and unwilling to do the things you want to do like express your feelings in a creative manner.
Other names similar to Arlen
- Augusta means Worthy of Respect, Venerated or Great typically used for both sexes is of Latin origin is predominantly used in Faroese, English and German. Renowned name Augusta bagged 486th position among baby girl names in 1926 in United States
- Seymour - Prevalently used in English and Scottish unfading and loved, Seymour means "An Estate In Northern France or Taylor" used as a unisex name is rooted from Old French
- Nicky means Female Version of Nicholas or Victory of the People is used notably in Danish, Finnish and English bestowed upon both boys and girls is rooted from Latin and Old Greek
- Ferdinand - Of German and Gothic origin, Admired and Ceaseless Ferdinand is used principally in Swedish and French, Ferdinand means "Daring, Bold Voyager or Bold Protector" is a baby boy name
- Evelynn - Meaning of Evelynn is Bird, Life or Evelyn used for baby girls. Its origin is in Old French is used particulary in English
Middle names for Arlen
Here is a list of popular and familiar middle names that go with the baby name Arlen.
View more middle names that goes with Arlen.
Sibling Names for Arlen
If you have chosen the name Arlen for your baby, then congratulations! Here is a list of sibling names that perfectly complement the unique and charming name. From classic names to modern ones, take a look at these options and find the perfect match for your growing family.
Sister to Arlen
Brother to Arlen
Famous people named Arlen
- Arlen Siu, Chinese Nicaraguan woman
- Arlen Specter, American lawyer, author
- Arlen Erdahl, U.S. Representative from Minnesota
- Arlen Roth, American guitarist, teacher, and author
- Arlen Harris, former NFL running back played for the St
- Arlen Ness, American motorcycle designer and entrepreneur best
- Arlen Aguayo-Stewart is notable for her acting in movie Dead Silent
Lists having Arlen
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -len
- Baby Names that mean Hare
- Baby Names that mean Land
- Baby Names that mean Army