Tai meaning and origin
Famed Chinese Tai is mainly used in Swedish, Danish, Slovenian, Norwegian and Finnish, meaning of Tai is "Platform" is used for both sexes. Tai is equivalent of Tage in Frisian language.
Variants of TaiNames that rhyme with Tai
Popularity of Tai
Tai was a common name in United States. Over 4456 babies have been named Tai since 1922. When at its peak in 1980,. However after 104 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Tai is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 534 on boy names chart when 44 babies were named Tai. Over 671 babies in England and Wales have been named Tai.
However things change on global perspective, Tai is extremely popular in Vietnam where every 1 in 400 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in China, India, Japan, Hong Kong and Malaysia. According to our findings, over 540000 babies have been named Tai globally.
What numerology tells about Tai?
Stay far away from people who gossip and complain all the time. You are daring and courageous. You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. You have a powerful appearance. You always make the best entrance, no matter where you appear. You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition. You are enjoying your comfort zone more than adventures.
Do you like Tai? You would love these names
- Jesica - Jesica's meaning is God Sees or Wealthy used for girls which is used chiefly in Telugu and Danish is originated from Hebrew
- Cuba - The prevalent and all time favorite unisex name Cuba means "From the Island" is rooted from Spanish language
- Jessi - Used primarily in Swedish, Tamil and Malayalam illustrous, Jessi is originated from Hebrew and Old Persian, Jessi means "He (God) Beholds or God is Merciful" is a unisex name
- Kenisha - Prevalent unisex name Kenisha is largely used in Tamil and Bengali. Its origin is in English-American, meaning of Kenisha is "A Person with Beautiful Life, Flower or Gorgeous Woman"
- Amaris - Trendy Amariss origin is English and Hebrew bestowed upon both genders which is used prevalently in Bengali, Marathi and Hindi, meaning of Amaris is "Child of the Moon or God has Promised"
Namesakes of Tai
- Tai Collins, model, actress, screenwriter, philanthropist
- Tai McIsaac, Australian rugby union football coach
- Tai Sing Loo, photographer of Pearl Harbor and many sporting events
- Tai Babilonia, American former pair skater
- Tai Shan, giant panda born at the National Zoo
- Tai Streets, former professional American football wide receiver
- Tai Solarin, Nigerian educator and author
- Tai Kang, third ruler or king of the Xia Dynasty
- Tai Phake people, ethnic group
- Tai Hernandez, American reporter freelancing for ABC News
- Tai Hung-hsu, Taiwanese football striker
- Tai Woffinden, speedway rider
- Taida Urruzola in El jardín secreto as Actress
- Taira Soo in Brave Heart as Actress
- TaiVon McKinney in The Humbling as Actress
- Tai Hara is an Australian actor best known for having participated in the Cash Call program and having played Andy Barrett in the series Home and Away.
- Tai Carlton, from 2015 action and drama flick Mercy for Angels, who played Stick.
- Tai Eishorst, from 2003 drama film Über Nacht, who portrayed Matilda.