Jerome name meaning
On This Page
What does Jerome mean?
Prevalent and Ceaseless Jerome has its origin in Old Greek, Jerome means "Of Holy Name or Sacred" is a gender-neutral name is primarily used in French, Norwegian, English, Danish, Swedish and Finnish.
Also Jerome is English cognate of Hieronymus.
How does Jerome feel as a baby name?
Jerome is a popular baby boy name that originated from Greek language. It is a sacred name that carries a lot of significance and meaning.
The name has been widely used for centuries, and it is known for its unique charm and appeal. Some of the specialities of Jerome as a baby boy name include its strong character, traditional roots, and timeless popularity.
Parents who choose this name for their little ones often do so because they appreciate its meaning and cultural significance. Overall, Jerome is a beautiful and meaningful name that any baby boy would be proud to carry throughout his life.
How do I pronounce Jerome?
j(e)-ro-me is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Jerome.
Variants of JeromeNames that rhyme with Jerome
How popular is the name Jerome?
Jerome was a popular name in United States. Over 160964 babies have been given the first name in 219 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1938, 3109 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 93rd position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 219 years. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 6 times Also, an extremely popular name in France having over 182746 recievers in 155 years of usage.
At its zenith in 1974, it ranked 6th when 13089 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 10 baby names 9 times
In England and Wales, Jerome was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 1153 babies.
When at its peak in 1996,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Jerome is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 49 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 384 babies in Ireland have been named Jerome. Also, it is among the top 500 boy names in Belgium. Over 236 people have been named Jerome in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Jerome is extremely popular in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in DR Congo, Burundi, South Africa, Rwanda, Nigeria, Cameroon, Canada, Congo, Benin, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Madagascar and Chad. At least, 630000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Jerome in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Jerome
You are always filled with positive and creative energy that you pass around. To have letter J as your cornerstone means to stand for fairness, balance, justice, and equality. You motivates people who lack self-confidence and motivation to go after the things they want in life. You appreciate an educated man. You are one yourself. Liberating from your self-imposed restrictions will affect your life in a positive rather than negative way as you assume.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Jerome
- Genesio - Genesio's meaning is Creation or The Element Genesis Meaning Birth Creation is used specifically in Italian that came from Old Greek is given to baby boys
- Hippolyte - Boy name Hippolyte is substantially used in French and came from Old Greek, Hippolyte means "Hippos, Lyein or Who Loves Horses"
- Agnieszka - Uncommon girl name Agnieszka is originated from Old Greek, used dominantly in Polish language, Agnieszka means "The Chaste or The Pure"
- Cristobal - Famed Cristobal has its origin in Old Greek is used largely in Spanish and English, Cristobal means "He who Holds Christ in his Heart or Carrier of Christ" is a unisex name
- Tracy - Tracy's meaning is Warrior, Brave or Harvester is used particulary in English and English bestowed upon both genders is of Old Greek and Old French origin
Famous people named Jerome
- Jerome Kern, American composer of musical theatre and popular music
- Jerome Callet, musician
- Jerome Herbert Skolnick, professor at New York University and a former president of the American Society of Criminology
- Jerome Horwitz, American scientist; his affiliations included the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute
- Jerome Richardson, American jazz musician, tenor saxophonist
- Jerome F. Lederer, American aviation-safety pioneer, known as "Mr
- Jerome Hanus, American prelate of the Catholic Church
- Jerome Chen, Chinese history professor at the York University
- Jerome Young, former sprint athlete
- Jerome of Prague, Czech scholastic philosopher, theologian, reformer
- Jerome Hines, American operatic bass
- Jerome Lowenthal, American classical pianist
- Jerome Sacca Kina Guezere, Beninese politician
- Jerome Davis Greene, America banker and a trustee to several major organizations and trusts including the Brookings Institution and the Rockefeller Foundation
- Jerome Weston, 2nd Earl of Portland, English diplomat and landowner
- Jerome Moross, American composer
- Jerome Emser, German theologian and antagonist of Luther
- Jerome Horsey, English explorer
- Jerome Vanclay, is Professor for Sustainable Forestry at Southern Cross University
- Jerome Armstrong, American political strategist
- Jerome Allen, American educator and author, born in Westminster
- Jerome Zerbe, American photographer
- Jerome Caminada, 19th-century police officer in Manchester, England
- Jerome Cochran, Tennessee lawyer and Republican politician
- Jerome Beatty Jr., Jerome M. Beatty Jr
- Jerome Levine, mathematician
- Jerome Kilty, American actor and playwright
- Jerome Bellamy, member of an old Roman Catholic recusant family noted for its hospitality to missionaries and fellow recusants
- Jerome Silbergeld, American scholar of Chinese art history
- Jerome Kitzke, composer
- Jerome Lamy, 18th-century Benedictine Biblical scholar and teacher at Salzburg
- Jerome Olds, American singer-songwriter
- Jerome McGann, American academic and textual scholar whose work focuses on the history of literature and culture
- Jerome Conley, former Mayor of Oxford, Ohio
- Jerome Liebling, American photographer, filmmaker, and teacher
- Jerome Cady, Hollywood screenwriter
- Jerome Kagan, American psychologist
- Jerome Silberstein, won the largest verdict of the year in 2002
- Jerome Damon, retired South African football referee
- Jerome Gratian, Spanish Carmelite and writer
- Jerome Evans, black high school football coach
- Jerome Rose, American pianist
- Jerome Bruner, American psychologist
- Jerome Apt, Jerome "Jay" Apt III, Ph
- Jerome Isaac Friedman, American physicist
- Jerome Karle, American physical chemist
- Jerome Lettvin, American cognitive scientist
- Jerome E. Listecki, American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Jerome Clarke Hunsaker, American airman born in Creston, Iowa
- Jerome Namias, American meteorologist
- Jerome K. Jerome, English writer and humorist
- Jerome Napoleon Bonaparte II, French-American military officer
- Jerome Mincy, former Puerto Rican professional basketball player
- Jerome Cavanagh, American politician
- Jerome Bixby, American short story writer and scriptwriter
- Jerome Rothenberg, American poet, translator and anthologist
- Jerome Lawrence, American playwright and author
- Jerome H. Lemelson, American engineer, inventor, and patent holder
Lists having Jerome
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Jer
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1940)
- Popular Boy Names in France (1995)
- Baby Names that mean Holy
- Baby Names that mean Sacred
- Baby Names that mean One