Jihan meaning and origin
Rare unisex name Jihan is originated from Sanskrit and Persian, meaning of Jihan is "The World or The Universe" is especially used in Marathi, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Arabic, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Oriya and Malayalam languages. Jihan is a form of Jahan. Jahan is Latin equivalent of The Persian Name جهان Meaning World, Universe. Also Jahan is German cognate of Johann. Originated from Persian, Unorthodox Jahan, Jahan means "Universe and The World".
Variants of JihanNames that rhyme with Jihan
Popularity of Jihan
Jihan is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1976 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1982, it ranked 1822nd when 59 girl were named Jihan. Over 636 people have been named Jihan in United States. Jihan is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2001 and peaked in 2007 when it ranked 3218th. Also, it is among the top 2000 girl names in France. There are over 296 babies that have been given the name Jihan in France.
Jihan is a rare baby name in Belgium and may not be used now. But Jihan is a popular baby name in Egypt where every 1 in 6000 have the name as well as in, Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Indonesia and Bangladesh. At least, 80000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
What numbers say about Jihan?
Back in time, you were too focused on your career until you realized there's something more important to live for. Having number 1 as your soul urge no reveals your deep desire to prove yourself to other people and acquire their acceptance. Don't live to work. Work to live. You don't believe in rules and restrictions. Not being focused on building an impressive career doesn't mean you should stay uneducated and blind.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Jihan
- Kishwar - Unisex name Kishwar means "A Country or Region" is dominantly used in Arabic and Sindhi
- Aqmar - Aqmar's meaning is Luminous or Moonlit is used in Arabic and Arabic, rooted from Arabic is used as a unisex name
- Firuz - Boy name Firuz means "Successful or Gem Stone". It is rooted from Arabic is particulary used in Sanskrit and Arabic
- Jahangir - Jahangir's meaning is A Moghul Emperor, World Conqueror or Akbars Son is used principally in Hindi, Sindhi and Arabic aimed at boys has its origin in Afghan
- Jaleel - Commonly Accepted unisex name Jaleel means "The Revered, One who is Not Respected or The Great" which is largely used in Marathi, Arabic and English came from Arabic
Namesakes of Jihan
- Jihane Chouaib in Sous mon lit as Writer
Lists having Jihan
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Persian Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean World
- Baby Names that mean Universe