Ketil name meaning
On This Page
What does Ketil mean?
Notably used in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Faroese and Finnish, Ketil came from Old Norse is aimed at baby boys. Ketil is version of Kettil. Kettil is version of Kättil. Kettil's meaning is Kettle and Helmet came from Old Norse.
Ketil is equivalent of Ketill in Danish and Swedish languages.
How do I pronounce Ketil?
Two syllabled Ketil is most commonly pronounced as k(e)-til.
Variants of KetilNames that rhyme with Ketil
How popular is the name Ketil?
Ketil is a common baby name in Norway while it is somewhat familiar in Denmark. At least, 3000 people globally have carried Ketil as their given name, concentrated mainly Nordic regions according to our estimate.
Ketil in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Ketil
You are successful because you never compete with others but with the person, you see in the mirror. You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. If you had to choose which animal you want to trade your human body with, you would choose a bird? If number 5 is your soul urge no it reveals your constant care of your soul and body. Relationships make you feel trapped. Freedom is what's most important for you.
Looking for a name like Ketil? Please go through the following names
- Vilhjálmur is form of Vilhialmr in Faroese and Icelandic languages
- Ruune is used in Danish and Finnish is used as a boy name. Ruune is form of Brune in Finnish language
- Fridthiuf is Swedish equivalent of Friðþjófr
- Poli - Meaning of Poli is The Perfect One and From Mary has its origin in Hebrew, French and Latin and is bestowed upon both genders is mainly used in Faroese, Finnish and Swedish. Poli is derivation of Polly.
- Ásvør is Faroese form of Ásvǫr
Famous people named Ketil
- Ketil Stokkan, Norwegian pop artist
- Ketil Motzfeldt, was Norwegian Naval Officer and Government Official
- Ketil Askildt, Norwegian discus thrower
- Ketil Skogen, Norwegian politician for the Liberal Party
- Ketil Bjørnstad, pianist, composer and author
- Ketil Haugsand, Norwegian harpsichordist and conductor
Lists having Ketil
- Boy names beginning with K
- Norse Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Kettle
- Baby Names that mean Helmet
- Baby Names that mean Clever
- Baby Names that mean Knowledge
- Baby Names that mean Wisdom
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Merciful
- Baby Names that mean Foreseeing
- Baby Names that mean Learning
- Baby Names that mean Sagacity
- Baby Names that mean Full