Katharina name meaning
On This Page
What does Katharina mean?
Customary and Venerable girl name Katharina is rooted from Old Greek, commonly used in German, Estonian, English, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic and Swedish languages, Katharina means "The Pure or Each of the Two".
Katharina is form of pleasing Karine. Karine is variant of prominent Carina. Also Karine is variant form of well-liked Karin. Karine is also variant of trendy Karina. Karine is equivalent of Carine in German and English languages.
Also Karine is equivalent of Cara in English language. Karine is also form of Carine in German and English languages. Karine is also form of Carina in German language. Karine is also French and Russian form of Karen.
Karine is also equivalent of Karina in English language. Karine's meaning is Beloved, Pretty and Dear is originated from Latin, Italian and Old Greek. Katharina is derivative of Catherine. Catherine is variant form of darling Karine.
Catherine is English cognate of Katharina. Also Catherine is equivalent of Katharina in French and English languages. Catherine's meaning is Torture, The Pure and Pure is rooted from Old Greek. Katharina is celebrated on 25th of November or the 29th of April.
How do I pronounce Katharina?
One syllabled Katharina is pronounced as ka-ta-REE-na. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on third REE syllable. The other ways to say the name are k(a)-thari-na or kath(a)-rina.
Variants of Katharina
Middle Names for Katharina
Gisselle, Elina, Mauricette, Annalise, view more middle names that goes with KatharinaNames that rhyme with Katharina
How popular is the name Katharina?
Katharina is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1881 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1881, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 740 on girl names chart when 58 babies were named Katharina.
Over 1993 people have been named Katharina in United States. Katharina is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1965 and was able to reach the top 1000 names.
In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 996 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Katharina. Over 467 babies in France have been named Katharina. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 178 on girl names chart when 38 babies were named Katharina. Over 530 people have been named Katharina in Switzerland.
Katharina is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1996, peaked in 1997 when it ranked 1666th.
In Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 1995 when it ranked 744th. Over 118 people have been named Katharina in Belgium. However things change on global perspective, Katharina is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 500 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Austria. At least, 320000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Katharina in Nordic countries
What numbers say about Katharina?
To have letter A as your capstone reflects your consistency and credibility. You never want someone else to feel trapped or forced to express feelings because of you. You always analyze something in your mind. You are radiant and people find it comfortable around you. If your name ends up with the letter A, it means you are a creative fellow with a great wish to succeed in your career. You need time to heal and recover.
Do you like Katharina? You would love these names
- Monike - Popular girl name Monike has origin in Old Greek is substantially used in Danish and Finnish languages. Monike is form of Monique in Danish language
- Aristokles - Used in Greek, Aristokles is used as a baby boy name and is rooted from Old Greek, Aristokles means "Most Famous"
- Basilie - Used substantially in English, Basilie means "Derived from the Same Greek Word as the Plant Name Basil or Royal". It is rooted from Old Greek is used as a gender insensitive name
- Myrthe has its origin in English and Old Greek languages is a baby girl name dominantly used in Norwegian and German, Myrthe means "Myrtle or Myrtos"
- Ritha - Outlandish Ritha is originated from Old Greek, Ritha means "Excellence, Virtue and Woman of Virtue" is a girl name is primarily used in Tamil, Finnish and Norwegian. Ritha is derived from Aretha.
Famous people named Katharina
- Katharina Dalton, British physician and pioneer
- Katharina Rapp, German artist
- Katharina Fröhlich, lover of Franz Grillparzer
- Katharina Zell, Protestant reformer and writer during the Protestant Reformation
- Katharina Sieverding, photographer known for her self-portraiture
- Katharina C. Rebay, archaeologist and researcher
- Katharina Wagner, German opera stage-director and co-director of the Bayreuth Festival
- Katharina Rutschky, German educationalist and author
- Katharina Kepler, alleged German witch from Stuttgart, Württemberg
- Katharina Szelinski-Singer, German sculptor
- Katharina Sutter, Swiss bobsledder
- Katharina von Bora, wife of Martin Luther
- Katharina Klafsky, Hungarian operatic singer whose acclaimed international career was cut short by a chronic illness which proved fatal
- Katharina Bellowitsch, Austrian radio and TV presenter
- Katharina Thalbach, German actress and stage director
- Katharina Schubert, German television actress
- Katharina Böhm, Austrian actress
- Katharina Franck, German singer-songwriter
- Katharina Schratt, Austrian actress
- Katharina Häcker, German former competitive figure skater
- Katharina Hacker, German author best
Lists having Katharina
- Girl names beginning with K
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -rina
- Girl names that starts with Kat
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Two
- Baby Names that mean Torture