Lafayette name meaning
On This Page
What does Lafayette mean?
Durable and Preeminent Lafayette primarily is used in English is originated from French is a gender insensitive name, meaning of Lafayette is "Faithful".
How do I pronounce Lafayette?
l(a)-fa-yette is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Lafayette. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., lafaye(t)-te.
Variants of LafayetteNames that rhyme with Lafayette
How popular is the name Lafayette?
Lafayette is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1886, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 325 on boy names chart when 86 babies were given the name Lafayette.
Over 4806 babies in United States have been named Lafayette. Also, Lafayette is a familiar name in Brazil and Liberia. At least, 4000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
What numerology tells about Lafayette?
Monotony always finds a way to make you do stupid and reckless things. Travelling is your passion. You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. 2 as your personality number reveals your shyness. You are a child of change. You often end up hurt and disappointed. Pay attention to your friends. Not everyone wishes you well. You always watch not to hurt anyone's emotions.
If you like Lafayette, you would love these names
- Valarie - Prevailing girl name Valarie is used in English, meaning of Valarie is "The Healthy and Healthy Strong" came from Latin. Valarie is a derivation of Valeria. . In baby girl names list, trendy Valarie captured 485th position in 1970 in United States
- Charleigh - Meaning of Charleigh is Man or Husband is originated from Old High German and Germanic and a unisex name is predominantly used in English
- Keaton - Commonly Accepted Keatons origin is Old English is used as a gender-neutral name and is commonly used in English and English, meaning of Keaton is "Where Hawks Fly or The Element Tun Which Means Town Settlement Homestead"
- Xander means Defender of Mankind or Protector is used specifically in Gujarati, Dutch and English and in general is bestowed upon both genders has origin in Old Greek
- Brenden - Chiefly used in English eminent, Brenden is originated from Celtic and Old Irish, meaning of Brenden is "Variant of Brendan or Little Raven" is used for both sexes
Middle names for Lafayette
These thriving and familiar middle names flows beautifully with the baby name Lafayette .
View more middle names that goes with Lafayette.
Famous people named Lafayette
- Lafayette Head, first Lieutenant Governor of Colorado
- Lafayette Mendel, American biochemist known for his work
- Lafayette S. Foster, nineteenth-century American politician and lawyer
- Lafayette McLaws, United States Army officer and a Confederate general
- Lafayette C. Baker, United States investigator and spy
- Lafayette Young, newspaper reporter and editor
- Lafayette Bunnell, American physician, author, and explorer
- Lafayette Guild, surgeon in the antebellum United States Army
- Lafayette Lane, Representative from the U.S. state of Oregon
- Lafayette F. Mosher, American politician and judge in Oregon
- Lafayette Russell, American football running back and later an actor
- Lafayette Thomas, American blues singer, and guitarist
Lists having Lafayette
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ette
- Baby Names that mean Faithful