Cristina name meaning
On This Page
What does Cristina mean?
Cristina means Anointed, Christian, Follower of Christ or Disciple of the Christ is prevalently used in Spanish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Portuguese, Italian and English and mostly is aimed at both boys and girls is rooted from Latin.
Cristina is form of biblical and durable Christina. Christina is variation of biblical and cherished Christiana. Christina is derived from Christine. Christina is feminine of Christian. Christina is Greek equivalent of Christiane.
Admired Christina is originated from Latin, Christina means "Disciple of Christ, Beautiful Christian and The Anointed One". The name is celebrated on July 24th.
How do I pronounce Cristina?
The two syllabled name Cristina is pronounced, c-risti-na. cr(is)-tina is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Cristina
How popular is the name Cristina?
Cristina was a popular name in United States. Over 51548 babies have been given the moniker in 137 years. At its zenith in 1986, the moniker grabbed the 163rd spot and 1762 baby girls were given the name.
However after 137 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 40 times Also, Cristina was a popular name in Spain.
Over 18455 babies have been named Cristina since 2002. At the peak of its usage in 2002, it ranked 13rd when 2621 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 15 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts.
Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 9 times
Cristina used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1956 and over 2807 babies have been given the name in 63 years.
At its zenith in 1974,. However after 63 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Cristina is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 900 names.
In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 850 on girl names chart when 35 babies were named Cristina. There are over 431 babies that have been given the name Cristina in England and Wales.
Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 206 on girl names chart when 38 babies were named Cristina.
There are over 372 babies that have been given the name Cristina in Switzerland.
Cristina is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2000 and achieved its top ranking of 369 in 2001.
In Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 753rd. Over 148 babies in Belgium have been named Cristina. However things change on global perspective, Cristina is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in, Mexico, Italy, Romania, Philippines, Argentina and Angola.
Also the baby name is popular in Portugal, Mozambique, Bolivia, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, Ecuador, Venezuela, Paraguay, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Honduras, Moldova, Nicaragua, Panama, Canada, Uruguay, Equatorial Guinea and England.
According to our estimate, over 2330000 babies have been named Cristina globally.
Cristina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Cristina?
You don't care about connects much because you believe that you don't need many people in order to be happy and content with life. To have letter A as your capstone in your name represents your wild personality, individuality, originality and ambitious spirit. Leave your own mark in the world. You are born for so much more than you think. Appreciate yourself and your partner more. Otherwise, you'll end up alone.
Go through the following names similar to Cristina
- Kristia - Used majorly in Finnish unexpected, Kristia is used as a baby girl name, Kristia means "The Anointed One and Disciple of the Christ" is of Latin origin. Kristia is derived from Christina.
- Pantxika is originated from Latin, Pantxika means "Free Condition"
- Amalric - Meaning of Amalric is Of Moorish Origin has origin in Latin
- Toussainte - The Toussainte means "All the Saints" is of Latin origin
- Yseline means God Protects My House is rooted from Hebrew and Latin
Middle names for Cristina
Possible options for a child named Cristina include these sweet and gutsy middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Cristina.
Sibling Names for Cristina
Choosing a name for your baby can be challenging. If you've decided on the name Cristina, you might be wondering what would be the perfect name for her siblings. Here's a list of names that complement Cristina beautifully and make for a great sibling set.
Sister for Cristina
Brother to Cristina
Famous people named Cristina
- Cristina Sánchez, was one of the first female bullfighters to gain prominence
- Cristina Peri Rossi, Uruguayan novelist, poet, translator
- Cristina Zavalloni, contemporary Italian singer and composer
- Cristina Pantoja-Hidalgo, award-winning Filipina fictionist
- Cristina Pérez, Argentine television news journalist
- Cristina Paluselli, Italian cross country skier
- Cristina Chiabotto, Italian TV presenter, model and showgirl
- Cristina Padolina, current and seventh President and Chief Academic Officer of Centro Escolar University
- Cristina Casandra, Romanian long-distance runner
- Cristina Pomacu, female long-distance runner from Romania
- Cristina Roccati, Italian scholar and poet
- Cristina Nicolau, Romanian triple jumper
- Cristina Rémond, French-Canadian public servant
- Cristina Almeida, Spanish lawyer and politician
- Cristina E. Martinez, nationally recognized community activist
- Cristina Cini, only Italian woman assistant referee
- Cristina Altamira, mezzo-soprano specializing
- Cristina Petrovici, former Romanian handball player
- Cristina Lyra, Brazilian sports and newscaster
- Cristina Saralegui,
- Cristina Ferrare, American former fashion model, actress
- Cristina Scabbia, Italian singer and lyricist
- Cristina Narbona, Spanish Socialist Workers' Party politician
- Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Argentine politician
- Cristina Gutiérrez-Cortines, Spanish politician and Member of the European Parliament with the People's Party
- Cristina, American singer and writer
- Cristina Deutekom, Dutch coloratura soprano opera singer
- Cristina Aicardi, Peruvian badminton player
- Cristina Galbó, Spanish actress
- Cristina Branco, Portuguese musician
- Cristina Díaz, Mexican lawyer and politician affiliated with the Institutional Revolutionary Party
- Cristina D'Avena, Italian singer and actress
- Cristina Odone, Italian-British journalist, editor, and writer
- Cristina Stenbeck, Swedish American business woman and entrepreneur
- Cristina Pucelli, American voice actress
- Cristina Raines, American nurse and former actress
- Cristina Montt, Chilean film star of silent and early sound films
- Cristina Torrens Valero, former professional female tennis player
- Cristina del Valle, Spanish singer and activist
- Cristina Nardozzi, American model and beauty pageant titleholder
- Cristina Pato, Galician bagpiper, pianist and composer
- Cristina Perez, actress, television personality
- Cristina Husmark Pehrsson, is Swedish politician and a member of the Moderate Party
- Cristina Teuscher, member of the U.S. women's relay team that won the gold medal in the 4×200-meter freestyle at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Cristina Mittermeier, photographer
- Cristina Chiuso, former Italian swimmer
- Cristina García, Cuban-born American journalist and novelist
- Cristina Donà, teenager, her favorite singers being, among others, Bruce Springsteen, Sinéad O'Connor, Joni Mitchell, Michelle Shocked
- Cristina Comencini, Italian film director, screenwriter and novelist
- Cristina Marsillach, Spanish actress
- Cristina Higueras in Shooting Elizabeth as Actress
- Cristina Campuzano in Correo de Inocentes as Actress
- Cristina Cooper in Godchat as Actress
- Cristina Torres in ¿Quién puede matar a un niño? as Actress
- Cristina Vittoria Marazzi in La grande bellezza as Art Department
- Cristina Toma in The Treasure as Actress
- Cristina Gaioni in Un maledetto imbroglio as Actress
- Cristina Piaget in Fausto 5.0 as Actress
- Cristina Scarlat is a Moldovan singer.
- Cristina Aché acted in movie Noite
- In 1972 comedy and drama flick, Destino de un capricho, Cristina Alberó characterized N.
- Cristina Andrione, from 2014 drama flick Sophia, who portrayed Heike Beck.
- Cristina Areia characterized central character of N in 2012 comedy film Com Um Pouco de Fé.
- In 2002 drama movie, Lola vende cá, Cristina Brondo played Lola.
- In 2016 comedy movie, Nacida para ganar, Cristina Castaño portrayed María Dolores.
- Cristina Câmara characterized central role of Lena in 1997 drama, romance film Tentação.
- In 1983, Cristina Deleanu portrayed the role of N in adventure, drama film Scopul si mijloacele.
- In 2015 history movie, La espina de Dios, Cristina Goyanes portrayed Marta de Betania.
- In 1999 comedy, drama flick, Sono positivo, Cristina Liberati played Rosaria Cirillo.
- Cristina Manusardi, from 1982 comedy movie La gorilla, who characterized Florence.
- In 1998 comedy film, Insomnio, Cristina Marcos played Eva.
- In 2004 horror, thriller film, Frost, Cristina Maxwell characterized Valerie.
- In 1983 action and crime film, La fuga de Carrasco, Cristina Molina played N.
- In 1983 comedy, drama film, Entre tinieblas, Cristina Sánchez Pascual characterized Yolanda.
- Cristina Ramón played leading character of Andrea in 1977 drama flick Los claros motivos del deseo.
- Cristina Scaramuzza, from 1986 drama and mystery flick Hombre mirando al sudeste, who portrayed Nurse.
- In 2004 drama film, Marlene de Sousa, Cristina Cavalcanti portrayed N.
- In 1982 drama movie, El día que murió Pedro Infante, Cristina Baker portrayed N.
- Cristina Berys characterized leading character of N in 1950 comedy film Cuando besa mi marido.
- In 2002 thriller movie, Arderás conmigo, Cristina Silva played Laura.
- In 1976, Cristina Amaral characterized the role of N in drama flick Traição Conjugal.
- In 2001 thriller film, Causa efecto, Cristina Amico played N.
- In 1994 action and crime film, Pedrito Masangkay: Walang bakas na iniwan, Cristina Gonzales characterized Charing.
- In 1996 comedy and family flick, Ivan Turbinca, Cristina Bercuci played N.
- In 1999 drama and history movie, Terra de canons, Cristina Pineda characterized Conxita.
- In 2003, Cristina Mazzuzzi characterized the role of Lisa in comedy film Uncut.
- In 1972, Cristina Reyes portrayed the role of N in action film King Fighter.
Lists having Cristina
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -tina
- Baby Names that mean Anointed
- Baby Names that mean Christian
- Baby Names that mean Follower
- Baby Names that mean Christ
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Disciple