Mathew meaning and origin
Mathew means Gift of the Lord used for both genders is of Hebrew origin is especially used in English, Welsh, Hindi and Bengali.
Variants of MathewNames that rhyme with Mathew
Popularity of Mathew
Mathew was a popular name in United States. Over 75646 babies have been given the first name in 161 years. At its zenith in 1984, it ranked 139th when 2174 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 161 years but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names an amazing 109 times
In England and Wales, Mathew was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 3138 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1996,. But after 23 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low. Also, In New South Wales, Mathew was once a common name since emerging in 1966 it has been given to over 7436 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1985,. After 34 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Mathew is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1984 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 852 on boy names chart when 53 babies were named Mathew. Over 694 babies in France have been named Mathew. Also, in Queensland, it had been in use since 1974 with last appearance in 1997. It was able to reach the top 100 names. In 1986, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 52 on boy names chart when 83 babies were given the name Mathew. There are over 1318 babies that have been given the name Mathew in Queensland.
Mathew is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 54 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 383 babies in Ireland have been named Mathew. Also, it is uncommon in Belgium, where it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 782nd. However things change on global perspective, Mathew is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in India, Kenya, Tanzania, Papua New Guinea, England, Uganda, Australia, Zimbabwe, South Sudan and Zambia. According to our evaluation, over 430000 babies have been named Mathew globally.
Mathew in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Mathew
Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes. Negative people steal your energy and leave you drained and unwilling to do the things you want to do like express your feelings in a creative manner. To have no 6 as your soul urge number means you are focused on inner healing. You learn from your mistakes faster than others. Learn how to separate reality from illusion. Widen your perspective and become more aware of your own existence.
You would love these names similar to Mathew
- Betje - Girl name Betje is used especially in Dutch, meaning of Betje is "My God has Sworn or My God is Abundance" is originated from Hebrew
- Itia - Offbeat Hebrew Itia is used in Hebrew used as a baby girl name, meaning of Itia is "God is with Me"
- Hebron means Association used for both sexes is originated from Hebrew
- Yeira - Yeira's meaning is Light is rooted from Hebrew, a girl name is substantially used in Hebrew
- Harel - Uncustomary Harels origin is Hebrew, meaning of Harel is "Gods Mountain" is aimed at baby boys
Namesakes of Mathew
- Mathew Valencia, American actor and voice actor
- Mathew Baker, was one of the most renowned Tudor shipwrights
- Mathew Thorpe, retired Lord Justice of Appeal
- Mathew Carey Lea, Philadelphia-born American chemist and lawyer
- Mathew Inness, former first-class cricketer
- Mathew Macnider, Scottish-born businessman
- Mathew Bell, seigneur
- Mathew Priest, English musician and writer
- Mathew Roydon, English poet associated with the School of Night group of poets and writers
- Mathew Hale, first Bishop of Perth and then the Bishop of Brisbane
- Mathew Brady, was one of the earliest photographers
- Mathew Ector, American legislator, Texas jurist
- Mathew St. Patrick, Mathew St
- Mathew Hughes, English recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Mathew Tait, English rugby union player
- Mathew Bevan, British hacker from Cardiff, Wales
- Mathew Carey, Irish-born American publisher and economist
- Mathew Quinn, South African sprinter
- Mathew Helm, Australian diver
- Mathew Tobriner, American labor attorney, law professor
- Mathew Birley, English professional footballer
- Mathew Head, Australian former professional rugby league footballer
- Mathew Sinclair, Australian-born New Zealand cricketer
- Mathew Gates, British-American former competitive ice dancer
- Mathew Horne, English actor, comedian, television presenter
- Mathew Dowman, retired English cricketer
- Mathew Stokes, former professional Australian rules footballer
- Mathew Bose, Indian-British actor
- Mathew Nicholls, Australian rules football field umpire
- Mathew Kavukattu, first Catholic Archbishop of Syro-Malabar Catholic Archdiocese of Changanassery
- Mathew Moolakkatt, an East Syriac knanaya Catholic Archbishop was
- Mathew James, former Australian rules football field umpire most notably
- Mathew Knowles, record label owner, talent manager
- Mathew Hayman, Australian professional road bicycle racer for UCI ProTeam
- Mathew Baynton is an English actor, musician and screenwriter.
- Mathew Baxt is writer of video NBK Evolution: How Would It All Go Down Now?
- Mathew Anden played the pivotal character of Sohn reicher Eltern in 1985 drama film Der Todesspringer.
- In 2015, Mathew Karedas portrayed the role of Joe in action and crime movie Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance.
- Mathew Cape, from 2011 crime, thriller movie Protocol, who characterized Victor.
- Mathew Excell portrayed the vital character of Ben in 1982 adventure and comedy film Save the Lady.
Lists having Mathew
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Welsh Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Mat
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2000)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1997)
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh