Lou name meaning
On This Page
What does Lou mean?
Meaning of Lou is Renowned Warrior, Form of Louis, Light, Fame and War, Loud, Famous, Fight, Wolf or Struggle is particulary used in Swedish, Finnish, English, Danish, Breton, Norwegian and French. It is rooted from Germanic, Latin, Breton and Old High German is used as a gender insensitive name .
Lou is version of imperishable and lofty Louis. Louis is French equivalent of Ludwig. Also Louis is French equivalent of Ludewig. Widely Accepted and Conifer Louis has its origin in Germanic and Old High German, Louis means "Struggle, Famous and Renowned Warrior".
Lou is form of unfading and renowned Lu. Lu is a variant of famous Luana. Also Lu is version of timeless and dominant Lucille. Lu is also variation of everlasting and admired Lulu.
Lu is also variant form of illustrous and perpetual Luna. Lu is also variant form of Names Beginning with Lo-, Lou-, Lu-, Esp. Lu is also form of long standing and customary Lou.
Lu is short version of names with "Lu". Also Lu is short of Lucy. Lou is form of commonly accepted, enduring and sacred Lucy. Lucy is variant of timeless and famous Lucie.
Lucy is abridged form of Lucia. Lucy is equivalent of Lucie in English language. Outstanding and Perpetual Lucy came from Latin language, meaning of Lucy is "The Bright and Bright Born At Daybreak".
Lou is abridged form of Luise. Luise is a variant form of acclaimed and evergreen Eloise. Also Luise is version of sacred and conifer Lucy. Desirable and Conifer Latin and Old High German Luise, meaning of Luise is "Struggle, Fight and Loud".
Lou is short version of Louise. Louise is variation of renowned Luise. Louise is French equivalent of Louis. Louise means Fight, Struggle and Famous Warrior has its origin in Old High German and Germanic.
How do I pronounce Lou?
The most common way to pronounce one syllabled Lou is lou. The other ways to say the name is loo.
Variants of LouNames that rhyme with Lou
How popular is the name Lou?
Lou was a popular name in United States. Over 37327 babies have been named Lou since 1880. At its zenith in 1880, the moniker grabbed the 122nd spot and 1494 baby girls were given the name.
However after 274 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 87 times Also, a popular name in France having over 40707 recievers in 47 years of usage.
Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, 2329 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 18th position. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 17 times
In Netherlands, Lou was once a common name since emerging in 2019 it has been given to over 111 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 2019,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, A common name in Belgium having over 343 recievers in 3 years of usage.
When at the peak of its usage in 2014, it ranked 103rd when 121 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Lou is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1999, peaked in 2018 when it ranked 2499th.
Lou is a rare baby name in Netherlands still in use today. Over 111 people have been named Lou in Netherlands. However things change on global perspective, Lou is extremely popular in Ivory Coast where every 1 in 70 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in China, Macau, Hong Kong, Canada and Philippines. As per our findings, over 550000 people has been named Lou globally.
Lou in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Lou?
You are probably the most creative person you know in your surroundings. You can't imagine yourself tied to one person for the rest of your life. You act responsibly when involving other people in your actions. You are a creative thinker who always comes with the best solutions. You are a free-spirited fellow with a wild heart. Number 3 as a personality no represents creativity, passion, extravagance, and positivity.
Other names similar to Lou, for name hunters
- Benke is originated from Latin is used as a baby boy name is dominantly used in Hungarian and Swedish. Benke is Swedish form of Benkt
- Bénédithe - The Bénédithe came from Latin, Bénédithe means "Blessed"
- Emelía - Specifically used in Icelandic, Danish and Finnish, Emelía is used as a girl name, meaning of Emelía is "Rivaling or Imitating" came from Latin
- Viriana - Of Latin origin, Viriana means "God of Nature"
- Kirsty - Unfamiliar Kirsty came from Latin language bestowed upon girls, used largely in English and Scottish, meaning of Kirsty is "Variant Form of Christine or Christian Woman"
Famous people named Lou
- Lou Duva, boxing trainer
- Lou Stillman, legendary boxing trainer
- Lou, a German pop singer
- Lou Montulli, programmer
- Lou Anna Simon, 20th president of Michigan State University
- Lou Cooley, cowboy, and alleged gunfighter
- Lou Myers, cartoonist and short story writer
- Lou Cannon, American journalist, non-fiction author
- Lou Chirban, Greek American former professional baseball player
- Lou Guzzo, journalist, author, and television commentator
- Lou Silverstone, comedy writer
- Lou de Palingboer, founder and figurehead of a new religious movement
- Lou Bandy, Dutch singer and conferencier
- Lou Nelle Sutton, businesswoman and former state representative
- Lou Darvas, artist and sports cartoonist
- Lou Black, was one of the foremost banjo players of the Jazz Era
- Lou Marinoff, philosopher, author
- Lou Marsh, Canadian athlete and referee
- Lou Harry, Indianapolis-based author, journalist
- Lou Bunin, American puppeteer, artist
- Lou Carrol, American businessman
- Lou Stewart, prominent labor leader in Washington
- Lou Graham, German-born woman
- Lou Waters, was one of the original anchors of Cable News Network an American cable news station when it first aired
- Lou Zivkovich, defensive end for the Calgary Stampeders
- Lou Handman, composer
- Lou Berger, former head writer for 'Sesame Street'
- Lou Levy, music publisher during the Tin Pan Alley era of American popular music
- Lou and Peter Berryman, are American folk singers-songwriters and longtime residents of Madison
- Lou Rankin, American sculptor starting in the 1960s
- Lou Zhaojun, empress dowager of the Chinese dynasty Northern Qi
- Lou Aronica, American editor and publisher
- Lou Campanelli, American basketball coach
- Lou Holtz, American vaudevillian, comic actor
- Lou Jones, pioneer rugby league footballer
- Lou Cvijanovich, American basketball coach for Santa Clara High School
- Lou Palmer, American sportscaster
- Lou Liberatore, American actor
- Lou D'Alpuget, pioneer rugby league player
- Lou Lilly, American animator
- Lou Barbaro, professional golfer and club pro
- Lou Vairo, former assistant coach for the New Jersey Devils
- Lou Blackburn, American jazz trombonist
- Lou Angeli, American writer and film maker
- Lou DiMuro, American umpire in Major League Baseball
- Lou Nistico, retired professional ice hockey player
- Lou Reda, American filmmaker, specializing
- Lou Ferrigno, American actor, fitness trainer
- Lou Reed, American musician, singer and songwriter
- Lou Tellegen, Dutch-born silent film and stage actor
- Louise Szpindel in Des épaules solides as Actress
- Louise Mardenborough in Toast as Actress
- Louisa Colpeyn in Bande à part as Actress
- Louise Bond in Pilot: Media Whore as Actress
- Louwra Preyser in Beyond as Actress
- Louise Harrison in Vendetta as Actress
- Lou Thesz Aloysius Martin â € œLouâ € Thesz was an American professional wrestler better known as Lou Thesz.
- Actor Lou Diamond Phillips, known for movie Courage Under Fire
- Lou Archer characterized the significant character of 'Peek' Harvey in 1927 flick Duty's Reward.
- In 1950 comedy movie, Fake's Progress, Lou Cass played Clerk.
- Lou Castel characterized leading character of Alessandro in 1965 drama film I pugni in tasca.
- Lou Costello, from 1941 adventure and comedy movie Hold That Ghost, who portrayed Ferdinand Jones.
- Lou Fulgoni, from 1996 movie Middletown, who portrayed the Sweet Lou.
- Lou Hoffman, from 1973 crime and drama film So Sad About Gloria, who characterized The Psychiatrist.
- In 1988 thriller flick, Severance, Lou Liotta portrayed Ray Ponti.
- In 1986, Lou Michaels characterized the role of Ann Crowder in thriller movie Shadows on the Wall.
- Lou Salvador Jr., from 1962 action flick Ako ang katarungan, who characterized the N.
- Lou Savage, from 2000 drama film Speed Bump, who played the N.
- Lou Seitchik, from 2000 drama movie The Origin of Man, who played Mitch.
- In 2009 drama movie, Colorum, Lou Veloso portrayed Pedro Trinidad.
- In 2013, Lou Taylor Pucci played the role of Eric in fantasy and horror flick Evil Dead.
- In 2001 drama movie, Frontières, Lou Dante played Sipipi.
- In 2004 romance and sci-fi film, Le festin de la mante, Lou Broclain played Sylvia.
- Lou Colombo, from 1978 documentary, mystery flick Secrets of the Bermuda Triangle, who characterized the Murderer.
Lists having Lou
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Lou
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Renowned
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Famous
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Fame
- Baby Names that mean War
- Baby Names that mean Loud
- Baby Names that mean Fight
- Baby Names that mean Wolf
- Baby Names that mean Struggle