Lyda name meaning
On This Page
What does Lyda mean?
Lyda is derivative of Leta. Leta is short version of Aleta. Celebrated and Evergreen unisex name Lyda is originated from African-Swahili and Old Greek is used especially in English. Lyda is derivation of Leda.
Leda is variant of timeless and well-known Alida. Also Leda is variant of acclaimed Laetitia. Leda is also a variant form of Ledah. Leda is also variant of immutable and widespread Leta.
Leda is derivative of Lucretia. Leda is form of a swan in Greek language. Celebrated and Evergreen Leda came from Old Greek, African-Swahili and Hebrew is used especially in German and Greek, meaning of Leda is "He Who Wins".
How about the name Lyda for a baby?
Lyda is a charming and unique baby girl name that has several attractive qualities. The name's Latin origin signifies nobility, beauty, and popularity among people, making it quite appealing to parents looking for a name that has a touch of royalty.
Lyda is also easy to spell and pronounce, which can be an added advantage for many parents who want their child to have a name that is not too complicated or difficult to say.
The name's uniqueness also sets it apart from more common names while still being recognizable, making it ideal for parents who want something distinctive yet not too unusual. Overall, Lyda is an excellent choice for parents searching for a beautiful and meaningful name for their little girl.
How do I pronounce Lyda?
The two syllabled name Lyda is pronounced, l(y)-da.Names that rhyme with Lyda
How popular is the name Lyda?
In United States, Lyda was once a common name since emerging in 1880 it has been given to over 4909 babies. When at its peak in 1881,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 138 years.
Additionally, the name has been in Lyda is an uncommon baby name in France, its highest ever rank is 1006 (1925) in its 14 years run on France naming chart. But Lyda is a popular baby name in Afghanistan where every 1 in 800 have the name.
At least, 50000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Lyda in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Lyda
Good things don't just fall from the sky. You have to earn them. You know this. If you have things to be handled, you handle them right away, without much waiting. You keep following your heart in order to avoid disappointment and solitude. Stress hates your guts. Staying true to yourself and realizing your promises is what gives you credibility. Gaining your trust is a hard thing to accomplish.
Parents who liked Lyda, loved these names
- Cibelle - The girl name Cibelle is rooted from Phrygian and Greek, Cibelle means "Divinity Personifying Nature In Phrygian Mythology"
- Homie - Baby boy name Homie means "Hostage and Homeros" is originated from Old Greek. Homie is derived from Homer.
- Isidoro - Used chiefly in Italian unusual, Isidoro means "Gift of Isis" is a baby boy name is originated from Old Greek
- Nitsa - Immutable and Prevailing Nitsa is used primarily in Greek and German is originated from Old Greek is bestowed upon girls. Nitsa is Greek equivalent of Helen
- Piaras especially is used in Irish aimed at boys, meaning of Piaras is "The Stone and Stone" is originated from Old Greek. Piaras is derivation of Peter.
Famous people named Lyda
- Lyda Roberti, American stage and film actress, and singer
- Lyda Morehouse, science fiction and fantasy author
- Lyda Conley, Wyandot-American lawyer of Native American and European descent
- Lyda Borelli in Rapsodia satanica as Actress
- Lyda Dalzell characterized significant role of Dorothea Westbrooke in 1917 comedy film Filling His Own Shoes.
- In 1914, Lyda Salmonova portrayed the role of N in crime, drama flick Evinrude.
Lists having Lyda
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- African Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Ascent
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Truth
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Fight