Marcos name meaning
What does Marcos mean?
Well-Liked and Perennial unisex name Marcos is particulary used in Spanish and Portuguese, Marcos means "Dedicated to Mars (The Roman God of War)" has origin in Latin. Marcos is English, Portuguese and Spanish form of Marcus. Also Marcos is Spanish and Portuguese form of Mark.
How do I pronounce Marcos?
Two syllabled Marcos is pronounced as m(a)-rcos. Some people pronounce it as mar-cos.
Variants of Marcos
Marcus, Marcous, Mark, Marcas, Damarcus, Marcusanthony, Maleko, Mark Anthony, Damacus, Demarcus
How popular is the name Marcos?
Marcos was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1888 around 49343 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 1996, 1414 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 224th position. However after 137 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names an amazing 53 times Also, a popular name in Spain with over 37554 new-borns have been given the name since 2002. At the peak of its usage in 2004, it ranked 10th when 3579 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times
Marcos is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 288 babies in England and Wales have been named Marcos. It also recently appeared in Ireland baby boy names chart. In France, it has been in use since 1911 but could not make beyond the top 500. Over 434 people have been named Marcos in France. Marcos is a rare baby name in Belgium however it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Marcos is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in Mexico. Also the baby name is popular in Argentina, Venezuela, Peru, Guatemala, Mozambique, Ecuador, Colombia, Philippines, Angola, Chile, Honduras, Bolivia, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Portugal, Cuba, Panama, Equatorial Guinea and East Timor. At least, 2010000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Marcos in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Marcos
You encourage people to walk the harder path and fight for what they believe is right. Once you distance yourself from everything you know inspiration will walk into your life again. You can't stand in one place for a long time because it bores you. You are an exceptional person, a good listener for your friends and family, but shy as a lover. People envy your success and personal life, and would give just anything to be like you.
If you like Marcos, you would love these names
- Corin - Unorthodox Corin is originated from Latin is specifically used in French and is aimed at both genders, Corin means "Spearmen or Curis"
- Novato - The boy name Novato is used substantially in Italian. Its origin is in Latin, Novato means "Novatus"
- Scholastika is originated from Latin language is used as a baby girl name and is particulary used in English and German, Scholastika means "Student"
- Marjan - Unconventional Marjan came from Latin and Hebrew languages is a gender-neutral name, commonly used in Dutch, Norwegian and Arabic, meaning of Marjan is "Coral, Maria or Small Pearls"
- Marena - Well-Liked and Perpetual girl name Marena is particulary used in Danish and English has origin in Latin. Marena is Danish cognate of Marina
Famous people named Marcos
- Marcos Morínigo, Paraguayan politician
- Marcos Mundstock, musician, writer, comedian
- Marcos de Niza, Italian missionary and Franciscan friar
- Marcos Valério,
- Marcos Jiménez de la Espada, Spanish zoologist, herpetologist
- Marcos Rey,
- Marcos Suzano, Brazilian percussionist
- Marcos Restrepo, Latin American painter
- Marcos de Torres y Rueda, was bishop of Yucatan
- Marcos de Aguilar, was briefly royal governor of New Spain
- Marcos Costa, boxer from Brazil,
- Marcos Sugiyama, Brazilian Japanese volleyball player
- Marcos "Barrão" DaSilva, Brazilian capoeira 'mestre' and founder of Grupo Axé Capoeira
- Marcos Espinal, paho
- Marcos Paz, was Governor of Córdoba and Tucumán Provinces
- Marcos Christino Fioravanti, Italian surgeon
- Marcos Pasquim, * 2012 - 'Cheias de Charme'
- Marcos Maturana, Chilean military and political figure
- Marcos Moshinsky, Mexican physicist of Ukrainian-Jewish origin whose work in the field of elementary particles won him the Prince of Asturias Prize for Scientific and Technical Investigation in 1988 and the UNESCO Science Prize
- Marcos Pérez Jiménez, Venezuelan military and general officer of the Army of Venezuela and the leader of Venezuela
- Marcos Armas, Venezuelan former first baseman
- Marcos Pontes, Brazilian Air Force pilot, engineer
- Marcos Baghdatis, Cypriot professional tennis player
- Marcos Ambrose, Australian former racing driver
- Marcos Carvajal, Venezuelan relief pitcher
- Marcos Milinkovic, Argentine volleyball player
- Marcos Siega, film, television, commercial
- Marcos Hernandez, musical artist
- Marcos Curiel, lead guitarist of rock bands P.O.D.
- Marcos Roberto Silveira Reis, Brazilian former professional footballer
- Marcos Painter, former professional footballer
- Marcos Ondruska, former tennis player from South Africa
- Marcos Martínez, professional racecar driver
- Marcos Aguinis, Argentine writer
- Marcos Portugal, Portuguese classical composer
- Marcos Daniel, retired professional tennis player from Brazil
- Marcos Witt, American Christian music singer and pastor
- Marcos Paquetá, Brazilian former footballer
- Marcos Ferraez, American actor best
- Marcos Senna, retired footballer
- Marcos González, Brazilian born Chilean professional football defender
- Marcos Assunção, Brazilian former professional footballer
- Marcos Riccardi, field hockey midfielder from Argentina
- Marcos Antônio dos Santos, Brazilian footballer
- Marcos Ayerza, former Argentine rugby union rugby player
- Marcos Camozzato, Brazilian footballer
- Marcos Barbosa Oliveira, Brazilian retired professional footballer
- Marcos Valle, Brazilian singer, instrumentalist
- Marcos Rogério Oliveira Duarte, Brazilian footballer
- Marcos Tébar, Spanish professional footballer
- Marcos Roberto Pereira dos Santos, He lastly played for Troyes AC
Lists having Marcos
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Marc
- Baby Names that mean Dedicated
- Baby Names that mean Mars
- Baby Names that mean Roman
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean War