Mehmet name meaning
What does Mehmet mean?
Particulary used in Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Arabic, Turkish and Swedish far-out, Mehmet has origin in Arabic, meaning of Mehmet is "Mahmud, Filled with Praise or Praised One" is used as a baby boy name . Mehmet is variation of widely accepted Mohamed. Mohamed is variation of widely accepted Muhammad. Also Mohamed is version of predominant Mohammed. Mohamed's meaning is The Praiseworthy, Praised One and Filled with Praise is of Arabic origin. Also Mehmet is equivalent of Mahmud in Turkish language. Also Mehmet is equivalent of Muhammad in Turkish language. Also Mehmet is equivalent of Mehmed in Turkish language.
Variants of MehmetNames that rhyme with Mehmet
How popular is the name Mehmet?
Mehmet used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1970 and over 3440 babies have been given the name in 49 years. At the peak of its usage in 1980,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 49 years. Mehmet is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 435 on boy names chart when 63 babies were given the name Mehmet. Over 905 babies in England and Wales have been named Mehmet. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 300 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 262 on boy names chart when 62 babies were given the name Mehmet. There are over 265 babies that have been given the name Mehmet in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2009, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 231 on boy names chart when 54 babies were given the name Mehmet. There are over 912 babies that have been given the name Mehmet in Belgium.
Mehmet is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1960 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 2015, it ranked 2803rd when 42 boys were named Mehmet. There are over 685 babies that have been given the name Mehmet in United States. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 252 on boy names chart when 28 babies were named Mehmet. Over 370 babies in Switzerland have been named Mehmet.
However things change on global perspective, Mehmet is extremely popular in Turkey where every 1 in 30 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Germany and Albania. At least, 2730000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Mehmet in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Mehmet?
You are outgoing and like to keep yourself busy with new adventures and meeting new people. You like to keep your private life to yourself. You often get involved with people who have a hard time to express how they actually feel. Remember that you are not the only person who's struggling with something. And you are not alone as you think. Meditation is your thing. When it comes to business, plan your moves better. Poor planning leads to failure.
Other names similar to Mehmet, for soon-to-be-parents
- Qadim - Boy name Qadim means "Old, Ancient or Antique" is used specifically in Arabic and Hindi
- Yadira - Frequently Used Yadira commonly is used in Arabic and English, meaning of Yadira is "Suitable or Friend" is a gender-neutral name
- Muhafiz - Boy name Muhafiz has its origin in Arabic used in Sindhi and Arabic languages, meaning of Muhafiz is "Preserver, One who Protects or Custodian"
- Intakhab - Boy name Intakhab means "Election" is dominantly used in Hindi and Arabic
- Chalisa - Origin of Unfamiliar Chalisa is in English and Hebrew languages bestowed upon girls and is used particulary in Arabic and English, meaning of Chalisa is "Righteous"
Famous people named Mehmet
- Mehmet Arif Şenerim, Turkish military leader active during the Balkan Wars
- Mehmet Tarhan, Turkish conscientious objector
- Mehmet Ali İrtemçelik, previous ambassador of the Republic of Turkey to Germany
- Mehmet Oktav, Turkish sports wrestler
- Mehmet Akif Pirim, former Turkish Olympic medalist sports wrestler
- Mehmet Çoban, Turkish Olympian wrestler
- Mehmet Altınsoy, Turkish politician
- Mehmet Cansun, Turkish businessman and former chairman of the Turkish sports club Galatasaray
- Mehmet Eroğlu, Turkish novelist
- Mehmet Toner, Turkish biomedical engineer
- Mehmet Ali Ağca, Turkish assassin and Grey Wolves member
- Mehmet Fuat Köprülü, highly influential Turkish sociologist
- Mehmet Shehu, Albanian communist politician
- Mehmet Ali Talat, Turkish Cypriot politician
- Mehmet Ersoy, Turkish businessman and current Minister of Culture and Tourism
- Mehmet Akif Ersoy, Istanbul was only adopted as the city's official name
- Mehmet Scholl, German football manager and former player
- Mehmet Okur, Turkish retired professional basketball player
- Mehmet Aurélio, Brazilian-born Turkish football coach and retired footballer
- Mehmet Özal, Turkish wrestler in Greco-Roman style
- Mehmet Yozgatlı, Turkish retired footballer who played as a winger
- Mehmet Akgün, Turkish footballer who plays for Kastamonuspor
- Mehmet Culum, contemporary Turkish novelist
- Mehmet Ali Aybar, international lawyer, member of the Turkish parliament
- Mehmet Özdilek, football biography
- Mehmet Sabancı, businessman
- Mehmet Ağar, Turkish former police chief, politician
- Mehmet Yılmaz, Turkish retired footballer
- Mehmet Tanrısever, Turkish filmmaker and businessman,
- Mehmet Topuz, retired Turkish footballer
- Mehmet Güven, Turkish football midfielder
- Mehmet Topal, Turkish professional footballer
- Mehmet Aksoy, Turkish sculptor
- Mehmet Dragusha, Albanian football midfielder playing for SV Elz
- Mehmet Emin Yurdakul, Turkish nationalist writer and politician
- Mehmet Terzi, medal-winning former long-distance runner
- Mehmet Özyürek, has been confirmed as having the world's longest nose recorded
- Mehmet Kutay Şenyıl, Turkish professional footballer
- Mehmet Kurtuluş, Turkish German actor
- Mehmet Sedef, Turkish professional footballer who plays as a defender
- Mehmet Oz, Dr
- Mehmet Yıldız, Turkish football player
- Mehmet Çakır, Turkish professional footballer
- Mehmet Yılmaz, Turkish footballer
- Mehmet Budak, Turkish footballer
- Mehmet Sarper Kiskaç, Turkish football player
- Mehmet Niyazi, Ottoman-born Romanian and Crimean Tatar poet, journalist
- Mehmet Günsür, Turkish model, actor and producer
- Mehmet Kaplan, Swedish politician of Turkish origin
- Mehmet Duraković, Australian football coach and former player
- Mehmet Ali Şahin, Turkish politician