Muhammad name meaning
On This Page
What does Muhammad mean?
Muhammad means Praiseworthy, Greatly Praised, Muhammad Which Means Praiseworthy or The Name of the Prophet is rooted from Arabic and is aimed at baby boys is prevalently used in Tamil, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian, Finnish, Turkish, English, Sindhi, Arabic and Swedish.
Muhammad is variant of famed Mohammed. Mohammed is derivative of Muhammad. Originated from Arabic, Famed Mohammed, Mohammed means "Form of Muhammad Praised One, The Praised One and Praiseworthy".
How do I pronounce Muhammad?
Two syllabled Muhammad is most commonly pronounced as moo-ha-med. muh-ha-med, mu-hammad or muha(m)-mad are the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of MuhammadNames that rhyme with Muhammad
How popular is the name Muhammad?
a popular name in United States with over 13484 new-borns have been given the name since 1929. Currently peaked at the charts, 960 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 345th position.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 8 times Also, Muhammad was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 46628 babies have been given the name in 23 years.
At its zenith in 2016, 3908 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 8th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but still performing better than most of the names.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 3 times
Muhammad is common in Ireland where over 915 new-borns have been given the name since 1992.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 63rd spot and 102 baby boys were given the name. Also, A common name in France with over 1003 new-borns have been given the name since 1981.
Currently peaked at the charts, 127 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 431st position. Also, Muhammad is common in New South Wales where over 1215 new-borns have been given the name since 2012.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 44th when 192 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, A common name in Victoria having over 663 recievers in 6 years of usage.
The name is current favorite of the parents, in 2018, 144 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 44th position.
Muhammad is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names.
Recently in 2019, 57 babies were given Muhammad and it reached its peak ranking, 276 on boy names chart. Over 243 people have been named Muhammad in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 300 names.
Recently in 2016, 58 babies were given Muhammad and it reached its peak ranking, 210 on boy names chart. There are over 441 babies that have been given the name Muhammad in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Muhammad is extremely popular in Pakistan where every 1 in 20 have the name as well as in, Indonesia, Nigeria, Bangladesh, India, Egypt, Afghanistan and Malaysia.
Also the baby name is popular in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Israel, Sudan, Qatar, England, Uganda, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Oman, Mozambique, Canada, Sri Lanka, Spain, South Africa and Libya. As per our findings, over 19930000 people has been named Muhammad globally.
Muhammad in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Muhammad
People always look for comfort in your world. You need to take a deep breath, look at all the beauty surrounding you today and just live? You are looking for your higher purpose. Learn to be strong and perceptive. You can easily adapt to new people and new environments. You always hope things to work out on their own. Sincerity is something you respect and practice. Often you wonder if there's such thing as ‘higher purpose'?
Do you like Muhammad? Other names you would love
- Mariet - Girl name Mariet means "Variant of Mary, Bitter or Lady" which of Aramaic origin is predominantly used in Swedish and Danish
- Teman - The rare boy name Teman is originated from Hebrew and Arabic, Teman means "Perfect or Completed"
- Nayna - Outlandish and Modernistic Nayna is used notably in Arabic and Sanskrit is a unisex name, Nayna means "Icy or Cute"
- Iltimas - Meaning of Iltimas is Entreaty or Request used for both sexes is principally used in Arabic and Arabic
- Inshirah - Isolated and Fresh unisex name Inshirah is mainly used in Arabic and Arabic, meaning of Inshirah is "The 94th Surah of the Quran Advancing, Cheerfulness or Delight"
Famous people named Muhammad
- Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf, former Iraqi diplomat and politician
- Muhammad al-Muqri, senior Moroccan official of the late 19th and early 20th century
- Muhammad Ahmad, Nubian religious leader of the Samaniyya order
- Muhammad Ibrahim, Bangladeshi physician
- Muhammad az-Zanati, head of state of Libya
- Muhammad Abdi Yusuf, Prime Minister of Somalia
- Muhammad Thakurufaanu Al Auzam, captain
- Muhammad Said al-Attar, acting Prime Minister of Yemen for five months
- Muhammad Ali Haitham, as a 2nd Prime Minister of the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen
- Muhammad III as-Sadiq, Invested as Bey al-Mahalla on 10 June 1855
- Muhammad IV al-Hadi, son of Ali III ibn al-Husayn and the fourteenth Husainid Bey of Tunis
- Muhammad V an-Nasir, son of Muhammad II ibn al-Husayn and the fifteenth Husainid Bey of Tunis
- Muhammad VII al-Munsif, Bey of Tunis between 19 June 1942 and 14 May 1943
- Muhammad VIII al-Amin, last Bey of Tunisia
- Muhammad Naeem Noor Khan, alleged Al-Qaeda operative and computer expert
- Muhammad Ali, Indian writer, scholar
- Muhammad al-Nasir, fourth Almohad caliph from 1199 until his death
- Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah, fifth sultan of the Qutb Shahi dynasty of Golkonda and
- Muhammad Habib Shakir, Egyptian judge
- Muhammad bin Tughluq, Sultan of Delhi from 1325 to 1351
- Muhammad ibn Mahmud Amuli, medieval Persian physician from Amol, Iran
- Muhammad Aqa-Kermani, 18th-century Persian physician from Kerman, Iran
- Muhammad ibn Yusuf al-Harawi, Persian late 15th century physician
- Muhammad Ibrahim, claimant to the throne of India
- Muhammad ibn Falah, Iraqi-born theologian
- Muhammad Shamsuddeen III, Sultan of the Maldives first from 7 May 1893 and then again
- Muhammad Salih Baraghani, was one of three or four brothers from Baraghan
- Muhammad Khan, claimant to the throne of the Ilkhanate
- Muhammad Rustam Kayani, distinguished Pakistani jurist
- Muhammad Imaaduddeen VI, sultan of the Maldives from 1893 to 1902
- Muhammad Imaaduddeen V, sultan of the Maldives
- Muhammad Imaaduddeen IV, sultan of the Maldives from 1835 to 1882
- Muhammad Mueenuddeen I, sultan of the Maldives from 1798 to 1835
- Muhammad Mustafa Mero, former Prime Minister of Syria
- Muhammad Shamte Hamadi, was Chief Minister of Zanzibar from 5 June 1961 to 24 June 1963 and Prime Minister
- Muhammad ibn Badlay, Sultan of the Sultanate of Adal
- Muhammad ibn Azhar ad-Din, Sultan of the Sultanate of Adal
- Muhammad ibn Ammar, Muwallad poet from Silves
- Muhammad Mu'iz ud-din, sultan of the Maldives from 1774–1779
- Muhammad II of Ifriqiya, eighth Emir of the Aghlabids in Ifriqiya
- Muhammad Mohsin, prominent philanthropist in Bengal
- Muhammad Khalid Masud, Director General of Islamic Research Institute
- Muhammad Jamaluddin al-Makki al-Amili, Shi'a scholar
- Muhammad Munawwar Mirza, prominent Iqbal scholar, historian
- Muhammad ibn Zakariya al-Razi, philosopher
- Muhammad al-Idrisi, Arab Muslim geographer
- Muhammad Husayn Tabataba'i, was one of the most prominent thinkers of philosophy and contemporary Shia Islam
- Muhammad Yusuf Ludhianvi, Ahrari leader
- Muhammad Aufi, Persian historian, philologist, and author
- Muhammad al-Tijani, Tunisian Shia scholar, academic and theologian
- Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab, religious leader and theologian
- Muhammad Ali, American professional boxer, activist
- Muhammad Zaidan,
- Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, Pakistani four-star general
- Muhammad al-Bukhari, Persian Islamic scholar
- Muhammad al-Baqir,
Lists having Muhammad
- Boy names beginning with M
- Arabic Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Hindi Boy Names
- Sindhi Boy Names
- Tamil Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Turkish Boy Names
- Indian Boy Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Praiseworthy
- Baby Names that mean Praised
- Baby Names that mean Prophet
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Muhammad