Melody name meaning
What does Melody mean?
Primarily used among Sikhs, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, English and Norwegian preeminent, Melody means "Music, Rythmic, Instrument, Song or Melody" is a gender-neutral name is originated from Greek and English. Melody is equivalent of Greek Μελος = Song Combined with Αειδω = to Sing in English language.
How do I pronounce Melody?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Melody as mell-oh-dee. The name can also be pronounced as mell-ah-dee or m(e)-lo-dy.
Variants of Melody
Nicknames for Melody
Some popular nicknames for the name Melody include:
How popular is the name Melody?
Melody was a popular name in United States. Over 96476 babies have been given the name in 121 years. At the peak of its usage in 2018, 2757 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 137th position. However after 121 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 500 baby names an amazing 74 times Also, Melody was a popular name in France. Over 7990 babies have been given the moniker in 47 years. At its zenith in 1990, it ranked 104th when 776 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 47 years. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 28 times
Melody was a common name in England and Wales. Over 2636 babies have been named Melody since 1996. When at its peak in 2013,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Melody is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 400 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 304 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Melody. Over 269 people have been named Melody in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 324 on girl names chart when 40 babies were named Melody. There are over 145 babies that have been given the name Melody in Netherlands.
Melody is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2002 and peaked in 2019 when it ranked 457th. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 1995 when it ranked 647th. There are over 128 babies that have been given the name Melody in Belgium. But Melody is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Canada, Nigeria and Kenya. At least, 230000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Melody in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Melody?
You are co-operative, caring and courteous individual. You know yourself so well, that you always find a way to keep yourself amused. You like to believe that whatever we think, we become. You are a powerful presence and people respect you for your sharp mind and intelligence. Listen to your heart, enjoy more and care less. You suffer from insomnia but your mental health is great. Some people admire while others judge your recklessness and carelessness.
Do you like Melody? Read these names too
- Darija - Prevalently used in Russian and English eternal and loved, Darija is used as a girl name is rooted from Old Greek and Old Persian. Darija is equivalent of Daria in English language. Also Darija is Russian cognate of Dorothy
- Fillys - Girl name Fillys is used primarily in English, meaning of Fillys is "Leafy Bough" is originated from Old Greek
- Alekos - New-fangled and Creative and adventurous Alekos prevalently is used in Greek is a boy name, meaning of Alekos is "Defender of Men, Defender of Men and He Who Wards Off (Other) Men" is rooted from Old Greek. Alekos is resultant of Alexandros.
- Kariana - Used commonly in English and Swedish rarefied, Kariana means "Pure" is of Old Greek and English-American origin is used for baby girls
- Thaïs - Of Old Greek origin, Thaïs is used particulary in Greek and French, Thaïs means "A Kind of Headband" is a girl name
Famous people named Melody
- Melody Horrill, weather presenter and reporter
- Melody, international pop singer widely known
- Melody Thomas Scott, American actress best
- Melody Club, Swedish band from Växjö formed in January 2000
- Melody Beattie, American author of self-help books on codependent relationships
- Melody Anderson, Canadian social worker and public speaker specializing
- Melody Thornton, American singer-songwriter
- Melody, American-born former Japanese pop singer and television host
- Melody Gardot, American jazz singer
- Melody Kay, American actress
- Melody Oliveria, video blog contributor, most popularly to YouTube
- Melody Perkins, American actress, model and dancer
- Melody Patterson, American actress
- Melody Klaver, Dutch actress
- Melody Fall, Italian pop punk band
- Melody Hernandez, Australian gymnastics competitor training at the Australian Institute of Sport
- Melody Bliss in Black Girls Wanna Cracker? as Actress
- Melody Peters in Big Tit Patrol 5 as Actress
- Melody Cherpaw in Walking Tall as Actress
- Melody Cole in Home as
- Melody Gold in Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers as Actress
- Melody Wihler in Creed as Actress
- Melody Mooney in The Death of Batman as Actress
- Melody Santangello in Newsies as Actress
- Melody Weintraub in The Blind Side as Actress
- Melody Chen in The Teenage Textbook Movie as Actress
- Melody Bank is the composer of movie Ting bat do dik suet wa
- In 1996 comedy flick, Dogs: The Rise and Fall of an All-Girl Bookie Joint, Melody Beal portrayed Amina.
- In 2001, Melody Moore played the role of Lavender in comedy, music flick Down and Out with the Dolls.
- Melody Brooke, from 2017 drama, romance movie Promises, who played Olivia.
- In 2012 comedy, drama film, Liars, Fires and Bears, Melody Melendez portrayed Sarah.
Lists having Melody
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Mel
- Baby Names that mean Music
- Baby Names that mean Instrument
- Baby Names that mean Song
- Baby Names that mean Melody