Rosalind name meaning
On This Page
What does Rosalind mean?
Meaning of Rosalind is Fame, Lime, Linden or Lime-Wood Shield came from Latin, Germanic and Old High German and is aimed at girls is specifically used in Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and English.
Rosalind is a form of Rosalint. Also Rosalint is a spelling variation of ROS;LIND. Rosalind is version of sacred and conifer Rose. Rose is version of outstanding and all time favorite Rosa.
Outstanding and All time favorite Rose came from Germanic and Latin languages, meaning of Rose is "The Words Hros Which Means Horse, Rose Flower and Rose".
How does Rosalind feel as a baby name?
Rosalind is a charming and feminine baby girl name that exudes grace and elegance. With its German origins, the name suggests strength and beauty like that of a gentle horse.
It has a timeless appeal and has been popular for centuries. Rosalind is an excellent choice for parents who want their daughter to have a name that sounds classic yet unique.
The name has a romantic quality to it and can be paired with various middle names to create different combinations. Its popularity may wax and wane, but Rosalind will always remain an endearing choice for parents looking for a sweet, sophisticated name for their darling little one.
How do I pronounce Rosalind?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Rosalind as r(o)-sali-nd. Some people pronounce it as ros(a)-lind.
Variants of RosalindNames that rhyme with Rosalind
How popular is the name Rosalind?
Rosalind is a popular in United States where over 26022 new-borns have been given the name since 1888. At the peak of its usage in 1942, 650 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 292nd position.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 46 times Rosalind is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names.
In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 455 on girl names chart when 65 babies were given the name Rosalind. Over 789 babies in England and Wales have been named Rosalind.
Rosalind is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, where it had been in use for 20 years, last appeared in 1991 and made just beyond the top 300 names. But Rosalind is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 4000 have the name.
As per our findings, over 60000 people has been named Rosalind globally.
Numerological aspects of Rosalind
You love books and movies with a powerful message. You've come across many backstabbers in your life, so you can recognize when you see one. It's time you set up a positive mind-set, open up to new adventures and explore the world. When it comes to love relationships, you are loyal and passionate but don't trust your partner. Your only mistake is that you are trying to prove others you can do it, instead of proving yourself.
You would love these names similar to Rosalind
- Diandra - Origin of Customary Diandra is in English-American and English is used commonly in Latin and English, meaning of Diandra is "Divine Flower or Blend of Deanne Plus Variants of Andrea or Sandra" is given to baby girls
- Clemento - Boy name Clemento is primarily used in Spanish and English, Clemento means "Gentle" is originated from Latin
- Krisztián - Meaning of Krisztián is Disciple of Christ, Christian or Christian Woman has origin in Latin, majorly used in Hungarian is used as a boy name
- Barbora - Curious and Modernistic Barbora has its origin in Latin is used in Slavic and Czech, Barbora means "The Foreign" is given to girls
- Faustine - Faustine's meaning is Fortuné or Good Luck is used in Finnish and Swedish given to baby girls came from Latin
Famous people named Rosalind
- Rosalind Nashashibi, Palestinian-English artist based in Liverpool
- Rosalind Howells, Baroness Howells of St Davids, Labour member of the House of Lords
- Rosalind Hicks,
- Rosalind Howard, Countess of Carlisle, promoter of women's political rights and temperance movement activist
- Rosalind Miles, English author
- Rosalind Wiener Wyman, California Democratic political figure
- Rosalind Kurita, Tennessee politician
- Rosalind Runcie, classical pianist and the wife of Robert Runcie
- Rosalind Ellicott, English composer
- Rosalind Newman, internationally acclaimed choreographer
- Rosalind Rajagopal, long-time director of the Happy Valley School
- Rosalind Elias, American mezzo-soprano
- Rosalind Nash, niece and 'confidante' of Florence Nightingale
- Rosalind Franklin, English chemist and X-ray crystallographer
- Rosalind Hursthouse, British-born New Zealand moral philosopher noted for her work on virtue ethics
- Rosalind Picard, American scholar
- Rosalind Russell, American actress, comedian
- Rosalind Chao, American actress
- Rosalind Cash, American singer and actress
- Rosalind, Scotland was sired by Peter Scott, who was sired by Peter The Great
- Rosalind E. Krauss, American art critic
- Rosalind Ivan, English stage and film character actress
- Rosalind Ayres, English actress
- Rosalind Halstead, English actress, model, and dancer
- Rosalind Knight, English actress
- Rosalind Harris, American theater and film actress
- Rosalind Ashford, Ashford remained in the group when Kelly was replaced by Martha's sister Lois Reeves
- Rosalind Wiseman, American parenting educator and author of several publications
- Rosalind Scott, Baroness Scott of Needham Market, British politician
- Rosalind Plowright, English opera singer
- Rosalind Bailey in Episode #9.16 as Actress
- Rosalind Roberts in The Desert Raven as Actress
- Rosalind Adler in Frank as Actress
- Rosalind Elliot in Sand Dancer as Actress
- Rosalinde Tropper in Purple People Eater as Actress
- Rosalind Rubin in Cleaner as Actress
- Rosalind Blessed in The Devil's Daughter as Actress
- Rosalind Allen in movie Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult as Actress
- In 1954, Rosalind Hayes played the role of Ann Christoff in adventure and horror movie Serpent Island.
- Rosalind Keith, from 1938 action and adventure flick Arson Gang Busters, who portrayed Joan Lawrence.
Lists having Rosalind
- Girl names beginning with R
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ros
- Baby Names that mean Fame
- Baby Names that mean Lime
- Baby Names that mean Linden
- Baby Names that mean Wood
- Baby Names that mean Shield