Nonna meaning and origin
Unexpected Nonna is used commonly in English, Swedish, Finnish, Frisian, Norwegian and Danish is originated from African-Hausa and Latin given to girls, Nonna means "Ninth or Bold". Nonna is a version of predominant and perennial Eleonora. Eleonora is English, Polish and Italian cognate of Eleanor. Also Eleonora is equivalent of Helen in Spanish and Polish languages. Eleonora's meaning is Variant of Helen, Strange and Sun has origin in Germanic, Arabic and French. Nonna is a version of pleasing and perennial Yvonne. Yvonne is French form of Yvon. Origin of Queer Yvonne is in Old High German and French languages, meaning of Yvonne is "Shrub and The Archeress". Nonna is variant form of long standing and celebrated Nona. Nona is a variation of loved and ever lasting Winona. Nona is a feminine variation of The Latin Name Nonus, Latin Nonus = Ninth. Origin of Infrequent Nona is in African-Hausa and Latin, meaning of Nona is "Ninth, Inspired By the Eponymous Roman Goddess of Childbirth and Breast Milk"... The name is celebrated on March 2nd.
Variants of Nonna
View middle names that goes with Nonna like Hine,Names that rhyme with Nonna
Popularity of Nonna
Nonna is an uncommon baby name in United States where it had been in use since 1930 and peaked in 1938 when it ranked 3450th. But Nonna is a popular baby name in Egypt where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, Russia and Ukraine. At least, 20000 people globally have carried Nonna as their given name according to our findings.
Nonna in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Nonna
Do what your heart tells you to do. Otherwise, you will end up unhappy. Reveal your pain and let people who've hurt you know how you feel. When you are facing an obstacle, don't shy away from asking for help if you feel like you need it. When it comes to life goals and career, you always give your best. The letter A as your capstone represents your high aspirations and unusual character. You want to be in control of your life and emotions.
Parents who liked Nonna, loved these names
- Lory - Of Old French and Latin origin, Offbeat Lory is specifically used in Danish, English and Finnish and is given to both genders, Lory means "Laurel"
- Tiany means King of the Sabines has its origin in Latin is a baby girl name
- Fauste - Fauste means "Fortunate" is rooted from Latin language
- Pierre-Alain - Origin of Pierre-Alain is in Greek and Latin, meaning of Pierre-Alain is "Rock or Rock"
- Tiye - Uncustomary Tiyes origin is Latin and Latin, meaning of Tiye is "Aunt or Princess and Happiness" is a girl name. Tiye is resulted from Tia.
Namesakes of Nonna
- Nonna of Nazianzus, wife of Gregory of Nazianzus the Elder
- Nonna Mordyukova, Soviet actress and People's Artist of the USSR
- Nonna Grishaeva in Ging chaat goo si 4: Ji gaan daan yam mo as Actress