Winona name meaning
On This Page
What does Winona mean?
Winona means Firstborn Daughter or First-Born is used largely in Swedish, Sioux, Greenlandic, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and English and a baby girl name is originated from Dakota.
How do I pronounce Winona?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Winona as wi-no-na.
Variants of Winona
Middle Names for Winona
Nine, Yuet, Aine, Buse, view more middle names that goes with WinonaNames that rhyme with Winona
How popular is the name Winona?
Winona is a common name in United States given to over 11058 babies in 139 years. Presently the name is rising, in 1924, 289 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 405th position.
Moreover, the moniker has been to Winona is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1996, peaked in 1999 when it ranked 2189th. Also, it is among the top 2000 girl names in France.
Over 258 people have been named Winona in France.
Also, Winona is a familiar name in Philippines, Canada and Indonesia. As per our evaluation, over 10000 people has been named Winona globally.
Winona in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Winona
You are your own person who likes to live on the edge. Nothing can change your mind about something if you truly believe you are the one that's right. You will experience your spiritual calling soon. And it will be associated with romantic feelings. You need to open up to new adventures and experiences. Do what your heart tells you to do. Otherwise, you will end up unhappy. It's so hard to find someone who fights for true values and doesn't pretend to be something he's not.
Looking for names similar to Winona? Please go through the following names
- Shayna - Widespread unisex name Shayna means "The Beautiful or Beautiful" which originated from Yiddish is used principally in Malayalam and Marathi. On list of baby girl names, loved Shayna ranked 488 in year 1998 in United States
- Marietta - Meaning of Marietta is Little Bitter or Beloved has origin in Old Greek and Hebrew and is specifically used in Italian and English is used as a baby girl name
- Sharlene - Famous girl name Sharlene is of Germanic and English origin, meaning of Sharlene is "Little or Womanly or Carl" is largely used in English language
- Madie - Long standing and Desirable Madie specifically is used in English came from Hebrew, meaning of Madie is "Villager of Galilee Where Lived Mary Magdalene, Woman of Magdala or From the High Tower" is used as a girl name
- Silas - Unfading and Popular Silas is used commonly in Norwegian, Greenlandic and English, Silas means "Man of the Woods or Wood" used as a gender-neutral name is originated from Greek and Latin
Famous people named Winona
- Winona Closterman, American female tennis player
- Winona Ryder, American actress and film producer
- Winona LaDuke, American environmentalist, economist, and writer,
- Winona Mae in World of Tomorrow as Actor
- In 1914, Winona Bridges portrayed the role of Mrs. Tate - the Mother in drama movie After the Ball.
Lists having Winona
- Girl names beginning with W
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ona
- Baby Names that mean Daughter
- Baby Names that mean First