Eleonora name meaning
On This Page
What does Eleonora mean?
Used commonly in English, Danish, Dutch, Italian, Greenlandic, Polish, Swedish, Faroese, Finnish, Spanish, Norwegian, Arabic and German eternal and customary, Eleonora means "Shining Light or God is My " and of French, Arabic, Old Greek, Germanic and Old Provençal origin is a baby girl name.
Eleonora is Polish, English and German equivalent of Eleanor. Also Eleonora is Polish and Spanish equivalent of Helen.
Eleonora's impression as a baby name
Eleonora is a classic, timeless name for a baby girl. It is derived from the Greek name 'Helen', which means light and brightness. It has an air of sophistication and nobility about it, making it perfect for a baby girl's name.
Eleonora can also be associated with loyalty, sensitivity, and gracefulness. With such an elegant and beautiful meaning attached to it, many parents-to-be would love to give their daughters this name as it pays tribute to their daughter's unique character traits.
Furthermore, its unique spelling allows your little one to stand out in a crowd while still having the familiarity of a classic name that has been around for centuries.
How do I pronounce Eleonora?
You can pronounce the name Eleonora as e-leono-ra. The name can also be pronounced as ele(o)-nora or ell-ay-oh-nor-uh.
Variants of EleonoraNames that rhyme with Eleonora
How popular is the name Eleonora?
Eleonora was a popular name in Italy. Over 34955 babies have been named Eleonora since 1999. At the peak of its usage in 2002, 2530 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 18th position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 20 years but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 20 times Eleonora is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1882 and was able to reach the top 700 names.
In 1882, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 678 on girl names chart when 43 babies were named Eleonora. Over 1227 babies in United States have been named Eleonora. Also, in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 2000 names.
Recently in 2018, it ranked 1083rd when 32 girls were named Eleonora. There are over 244 babies that have been given the name Eleonora in England and Wales. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 207 on girl names chart when 39 babies were named Eleonora. Over 602 babies in Switzerland have been named Eleonora. Also, in Netherlands, in just 3 years, it has made it to the top 500 names.
Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 419 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Eleonora. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 1996 and has secured the place in top 400 names.
Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 342 on girl names chart when 29 babies were named Eleonora. Over 220 babies in Belgium have been named Eleonora.
Eleonora is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 67 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 700.
Over 366 babies in France have been named Eleonora. But Eleonora is a popular baby name in Russia where every 1 in 7000 have the name as well as in, Brazil, Uzbekistan, Bulgaria and Argentina.
According to our findings, over 190000 babies have been named Eleonora globally.
Eleonora in Nordic countries
Here's what numbers has to say about Eleonora
You are more of a doer than a talker. Change your perspective. You don't take love very seriously. You are co-operative, caring and courteous individual. You take calculated risks and take your ideas and the ideas of others seriously. You are not a fan of monotony and you can't stand people who just dwell in their comfort zone, waiting for something to happen. Having letter A at the end of your name symbolizes your free thinking and an open mind.
Do you like Eleonora? You would love these names
- Adem - Rare boy name Adem is originated from Hebrew and Arabic, Adem means "Earth, Brown Man or Of the Earth" is used mainly in Arabic, Turkish and Norwegian languages
- Qutayyah - Girl name Qutayyah means "Daughter of Haram had this Name or Student of Hadith who Quoted the Female Companions" is substantially used in Sindhi and Arabic
- Nadine - Nadine's meaning is Hope, The Courage of a Bear or Hopeful is rooted from Russian especially used in Finnish and Danish is bestowed upon both boys and girls. Among baby girl names, dominant Nadine was spotted at 496th position in 1974 in United States
- Sameera - The rare unisex name Sameera has origin in Arabic, Sameera means "Entertaining Companion or Early Morning Fragrance" is used specifically in Arabic, Kannada and Telugu languages
- Hasan - Mostly used in Marathi and Arabic eminent, Hasan has its origin in Arabic is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Hasan is "Laughter or Beautiful"
Sibling Names for Eleonora
Looking for the perfect sibling names to go with the beautiful name Eleonora? Look no further! We've compiled a list of 20 stunning and timeless names that will complement your little one's name perfectly. From classic options to more unique choices, there's sure to be something on this list that will catch your eye.
Sister to Eleonora
Brother to Eleonora
Famous people named Eleonora
- Eleonora Fonseca Pimentel, Italian poet and revolutionary connected with the Neapolitan revolution and subsequent short-lived Neapolitan Republic of 1799
- Eleonora Shifrin, is chairwoman of the Yamin Yisrael party
- Eleonora Aguiari, Italian installation artist and author
- Eleonora Cassano, She's
- Eleonora Kruger, Russian woman who lived in the village of Gabarevo
- Eleonora Duse,
- Eleonora Gonzaga,
- Eleonora Brown, Italian film actress
- Eleonora Gonzaga, was by birth Princess of Mantua
- Eleonora Rossi Drago, Italian film actress
- Eleonora Giorgi, Italian actress, screenwriter and film director
- Eleonora de Cisneros, American opera singer
- Eleonora Vallone in Il papà di Giovanna as Actress
- Eleonora Stathopoulou in Itan enas isyhos thanatos as Actress
- Eleonora Danco in La stanza del figlio as Actress
- Eleonora Fani in Creators: The Past as Actress
- Eleonora Sergio in Sotto una buona stella as Actress
- Eleonora Barna in Pros & Cons as Actress
- Eleonora Marx, the daughter of Karl Marx, was a political activist and Marxist author.
- Eleonora Bianchi in movie Zorikan the Barbarian as Actress
- Eleonora Aleksandrova played the leading role of Vera in 1967 romance movie Nayedine s nochyu.
- In 1979 horror flick, Mostruosita, Eleonora King portrayed Elisabeth and Thomas.
- Eleonora Vargas portrayed significant role of Margareth in 1969 adventure film Agguato sul Bosforo.
- In 2013 thriller flick, Omisión, Eleonora Wexler characterized Aguirre, Clara.
- In 1988, Eleonora Berlante portrayed the role of Dancer in documentary, musical flick Tango Bayle nuestro.
- Eleonora Goattin, from 2000 comedy, mystery flick Secondo Giovanni, who played Amica.
- In 2006 comedy movie, Vita Smeralda, Eleonora Pedron characterized Silvia.
- In 2010, Eleonora Albrecht played the role of Linda in action film Caribbean Basterds.
Lists having Eleonora
- Girl names beginning with E
- Arabic Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Polish Girl Names
- Spanish Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ora
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Foreign
- Baby Names that mean Strange
- Baby Names that mean God