Eleonore name meaning
On This Page
What does Eleonore mean?
Celebrated and Conifer Eleonore's origin is Arabic, Old Provençal and French, meaning of Eleonore is "Shining, God is My Light or the Other", used predominantly in German, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish is given to girls.
Eleonore is a variation of loved and venerable Eleonora. Eleonora is form of Eleanor in German, Polish and English languages. Also Eleonora is Polish and Spanish form of Helen. Meaning of Eleonora is The Other and Shining is rooted from Germanic, French and Arabic.
Eleonore is a derivative of Eleanor. Eleanor is resulted from Helen. Eleanor is equivalent of Eleonora in English language. Eleanor's meaning is Shinning Light, Sun Ray and Foreign has its origin in Old Provençal and Old Greek.
Is Eleonore a pleasant name for a baby?
Eleonore is a beautiful and uncommon baby girl name of Greek origin. It is derived from the Greek words "Helios" which means sun, and "leon" which means lion, making it a perfect name for parents who want to give their daughter a strong and unique name.
Eleonore has a lovely sound that rolls off the tongue smoothly, making it easy to pronounce and remember. A major plus point of this name is its versatility in terms of nicknames such as Ellie or Nora.
This name also has several positive connotations associated with it like warmth, energy, courage, leadership, and creativity - traits that parents would love their daughters to possess as they grow up into strong women.
How do I pronounce Eleonore?
e-leono-re is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Eleonore. ele(o)-nore is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of EleonoreNames that rhyme with Eleonore
How popular is the name Eleonore?
Eleonore was a popular name in France. Over 17971 babies have been given the given name in 141 years. When at its peak in 1901, it ranked 121st when 542 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 141 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names an amazing 114 times Eleonore is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1882 and was able to reach the top 900 names.
In 1887, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 860 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Eleonore. Over 938 babies in United States have been named Eleonore.
Eleonore is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 3000.
Over 120 people have been named Eleonore in England and Wales. Also, it is among the top 800 girl names in Switzerland. During its 20 years of usage in Belgium, it had made up to just the top 500 girl names.
Over 195 babies in Belgium have been named Eleonore.
But Eleonore is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in Austria.
As per our evaluation, over 60000 babies have been bestowed Eleonore around the globe.
Eleonore in Nordic countries
Numerological aspects of Eleonore
You have to understand that not everyone is so thrilled by the thought of changing the world for good. Job and life success are your priorities. You don't have to lie but find a subtle way to tell someone they need improvement or work harder on something to get it done correctly. You have issues with yourself, is what your soul urge number 9 reveals about your emotional state. You can hardly resist a temptation, a trait which affects your relationships in a negative way.
Other names similar to Eleonore
- Lilibet - Unconventional girl name Lilibet means "God's Promise, The Flower or Innocence" notably used in Swedish and Danish is rooted from Hebrew language
- Mariele - Of Hebrew origin, Unfamiliar Mariele bestowed upon baby girls used dominantly in Finnish, Danish and German, Mariele means "Bitterness"
- Timo - Widespread boy name Timo means "People, Folk or Well-Known". It is rooted from Old High German, Old Greek and Germanic is particulary used in Norwegian and German
- Asmund notably is used in Norwegian and Swedish is a boy name, meaning of Asmund is "God or God is the Protector"
- Kamillo means Honorable Births or Acolyte is originated from Latin, used largely in German and Norwegian is given to baby boys
Sibling Names for Eleonore
If you're expecting a new addition to your family and have already chosen the baby name "Eleonore," you might be wondering about what other names would complement it. With so many options to choose from, we've compiled a list of sibling names for Eleonore that are both unique and timeless, giving you plenty of ideas to consider. Here are some great options to inspire you!
Sister to Eleonore
For a brother
Famous people named Eleonore
- Eleonore Poelsleitner, female guard at the Mauthausen concentration camp
- Eleonore Reuss of Köstritz, was Tsaritsa of Bulgaria and the second wife of Ferdinand I of Bulgaria
- Eleonore Bjartveit, Norwegian politician for the Christian People's Party
- Eleonore Weisgerber, German television actress
- Eleonore Schoenfeld, is considered one of the most influential cellists of the 20th century
- In 1934 drama movie, Ich für dich, du für mich, Eleonore Stadie characterized Berta.
- In 1987, Eleonore von Thurn und Taxis characterized the role of Taubstumme in film Vergiss Sneider!.
Lists having Eleonore
- Girl names beginning with E
- Arabic Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Light