Elna name meaning
What does Elna mean?
Elna's meaning is Splash of the Sun, Shining, Longing, Cherished or Desired is used majorly in Gujarati, Icelandic, Marathi, Dutch, Kannada, Bengali, Hindi, Tamil, Norwegian, Scandinavian, Telugu, Finnish, Malayalam, Faroese, Oriya, Nordic, Danish, Swedish and Greenlandic and a baby girl name is of Old Provençal, Old Greek and Greek origin. Elna is version of pleasing and ever lasting Eleonora. Eleonora is German, Polish and Dutch equivalent of Eleanor. Also Eleonora is equivalent of Helen in Polish and Spanish languages. Eleonora's meaning is Variant of Helen and Foreign is of Old Greek and Arabic origin. Elna is form of eternal and renowned Helena. Helena is variation of immutable and famed Helen. Helena is equivalent of Helene in Latin language. Pleasing and Evergreen Old Greek Helena, meaning of Helena is "Light and Spiritual Light". Elna is short form of Helene. Helene is form of durable and customary Helen. Also Helene is a variant of prevalent Selene. Widespread and Perennial Helene has its origin in Old Greek, Helene means "In Mythology the Abduction of Zeus's Mortal Daughter Helen Sparked the Trojan War, Light and Shine One". Also Elna is Scandinavian and Dutch cognate of Eleanor. Also Elna is Scandinavian and Dutch cognate of Helen.
How Elna is perceived as a baby name?
Elna is an uncommon Scandinavian name derived from the Old Norse meaning "ray of light, sunbeam, or fire torch". This feminine name is often seen as a symbol of hope and warmth. It carries a special meaning to those who understand its origin, and can be seen as sweet, gentle and kind. For many, Elna could be associated with good luck in life and courage when facing obstacles. People tend to perceive Elna as a baby girl name as it conveys innocence, faithfulness and purity - all qualities that we want for our little ones. Elna radiates positive energy which evokes happy feelings when mentioned by others.
How do I pronounce Elna?
The two syllabled name Elna is pronounced, e-lna. The name can also be pronounced as el-na or el-nuh.
Variants of Elna
Ellna, Helena, Eleonora, Helen, Helene, Alena, Ella, Babba, Gitta, Bene, Alienor, Eleanor, Elenora, Eleonore, Elina, Eleena, Eline, Aleanor, Aline, Eileen, Elle, Leona, Ilene, Helenmarie
View middle names that goes with Elna like Lavender, Severine, Marceline, Avalee,Names that rhyme with Elna
How popular is the name Elna?
Elna was a common name in United States. Over 4405 babies have been named Elna since 1883. When at the peak of its usage in 1917,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 97 years. Elna is an uncommon baby name in France, its highest ever rank is 2362 (1984) in its 15 years run on France naming chart. But Elna is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 20000 have the name. As per our findings, over 30000 babies have been bestowed Elna around the globe.
Elna in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Elna
You are very smart and calculative. People see you as their leader because of your attitude, determination, and creative thinking. You believe in yourself, something we don't see much in people today. Pay more attention to your overall well-being. You know yourself so well, that you always find a way to keep yourself amused. If you want to play with the big players, act like one. You have to pay attention to your surroundings and the people you hang out with.
You would love these names similar to Elna
- Gaya - Originated from Greek and Sanskrit, Unwonted Gaya means "A Holy City of India, Wealth or Offspring", specifically used in Bengali, Marathi and Hindi is used as a gender-neutral name
- Lainey - Originated from Old French and Hawaiian, Famed Lainey is used in English, Lainey means "Sun Ray, Light or The Torch" is a baby girl name
- Danay - Rare girl name Danay is originated from Old Greek, Danay means "From Denmark or Form of Danae" is primarily used in English
- Anastacio - Durable and Widespread Anastacio has its origin in Old Greek, Anastacio means "Risen One, Resurrection and The Elements Anastasis Meaning Resurrection" is given to boys. Anastacio is derivative of Anastasius.
- Sharman means A Fair Share or Delight is used as a unisex name which is rooted from Old Greek is notably used in Telugu and Kannada
Sibling Names for Elna
If you're looking for a name that complements your little one's unique personality, Elna may be the perfect option. As you explore different options, consider pairing Elna with a sibling name that creates a harmonious and meaningful combination. Here are some inspiring ideas to get you started.
Names for Elna's sister
Brother for Elna
Famous people named Elna
- Elna Reinach, South African former pro tennis player
- Elnaz Shakerdust in Scandal as Actress
- Elna Hubbell in Last Train to Pixley as Actress
- Elna Baker in Dedication as Miscellaneous Crew
- Elna Hellman, from 1935 comedy, romance flick Kaikki rakastavat, who portrayed the Kaisu.
- In 1911, Elna From characterized the role of N In movie Ekspeditricen.
Lists having Elna
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Desired