Rasheed name meaning
On This Page
What does Rasheed mean?
Widespread unisex name Rasheed means "Brave, Thinker, Intelligent, Mature, Counsellor, Good Sense, Rationale, Prudent, Righteous, Rightly Advised, Rightly-Guided or Having the True Faith" and of Arabic origin is used commonly in Iranian, English, Indian, Sindhi, Arabic and Hindi.
Rasheed is English equivalent of Rashad. Also Rasheed is Arabic and English equivalent of Rashid.
How do I pronounce Rasheed?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Rasheed is r(a)-sheed.
Variants of RasheedNames that rhyme with Rasheed
How popular is the name Rasheed?
Rasheed was a common name in United States. Over 4631 babies have been named Rasheed since 1968. At the peak of its usage in 1995,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 56 years.
Rasheed is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1199 (1999) in its 18 years run on England and Wales naming chart. Rasheed is a rare baby name in Ireland, chances of it being still in use are very slim as it was last seen in 2001.
However things change on global perspective, Rasheed is extremely popular in Pakistan where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Nigeria, India, Sudan and Yemen.
As per our findings, over 310000 babies have been bestowed Rasheed around the globe.
Rasheed in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Rasheed?
Although you believe being sensitive is a bad trait, you are wrong. You prefer originality and hard work instead of taking the easier road to success. You thrive to learn as much as possible about every subject. Trust your intuition when it tells you a person isn't to be trusted. Not everyone deserves your attention. Having letter R as a cornerstone reflects your modesty, pride, and naivety.
Do you like Rasheed? Other names you would love
- Ikrimah - Ikrimah's meaning is A Female Pigeon, A Companions Name or Female Version of a Pigeon is prevalently used in Arabic and Sindhi is used for baby boys
- Sarish - The unisex name Sarish means "Morning or Equal" is used dominantly in Bengali and Hindi
- Azzam - Anomalous Azzam has its origin in Arabic is used majorly in Hindi, Arabic and Marathi, Azzam means "Almighty, The Lord or Determined" is given to baby boys
- Abyan - Used mainly in Arabic and Hindi new-fangled and offbeat, Abyan means "Very Clean or Eloquent" is aimed at both sexes
- Sahib - Used mainly in Marathi and Kannada unexpected, Sahib aimed at both genders, Sahib means "Friend or Companion" is originated from Punjabi
Famous people named Rasheed
- Rasheed Araeen, London-based conceptual artist, sculptor, painter
- Rasheed Ahmad Siddiqui, noted Urdu writer and a professor at Aligarh Muslim University
- Rasheed Turabi, Islamic scholar, religious leader, public speaker
- Rasheed Wallace, American retired professional basketball player
- Rasheed Marshall, former American football wide receiver
- Rasheed Masood, Indian politician
- Rasheeda in Paul Blart: Mall Cop as Soundtrack
- Rasheed Stephens in The Boom Boom Girls of Wrestling as Actor
- Rasheed Thurmond in Episode #1.9 as
- Rasheed Naz in Baby as Actor
- Rasheed Beckles is famous for his acting in movie Nicodemus
Lists having Rasheed
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Intelligent
- Baby Names that mean Counsellor
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Righteous
- Baby Names that mean Guided
- Baby Names that mean Faith