Rickard meaning and origin
Rickard's meaning is Rich and Powerful Ruler, Brave or Hardy has its origin in Germanic and Old High German which is used mainly in Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Scandinavian, Danish and English is aimed at boys. Rickard is a variation of admired and venerable Richard. Richard is form of Rickward. Also Richard is spelling variation of RIK;HARD. Meaning of Richard is A Teutonic Name from the European Middle Ages, Power and Composition from Rulers has its origin in English and Germanic.
Variants of RickardNames that rhyme with Rickard
Popularity of Rickard
Rickard used to be a common name in Sweden, first appeared in 1998 and over 967 babies have been given the name in 6 years. At the peak of its usage in 1999,. After 6 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Rickard is a unique baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1916 and was last seen in 1979, during its 46 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1950, it ranked 1367th when 29 boys were named Rickard. Over 626 people have been named Rickard in United States.
Rickard is a rare baby name in Ireland, chances of it being still in use are very slim. As per our research, over 8000 people has been named Rickard globally.
Rickard in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Rickard
Maybe some people take you for granted but it's good for your art. You are undoubtedly a born leader. You can live your dream life only if you put your mind to it. You always feel like something's missing in your life. Self-doubt won't help you realize your goals. Self-confidence and self-reliance will. You always care more about other people's well-being and never find time to check how you are doing.
Parents who liked Rickard, loved these names
- Gerhart - Uncommon boy name Gerhart is of Germanic and Old High German origin which is used in German, Danish and Scandinavian languages, Gerhart means "Spear, Fort or Brave"
- Gerti - The girl name Gerti is used majorly in German and Swedish. Its origin is in Germanic and Old High German, Gerti means "Spear, Strength or Power"
- Edvina - Edvina's meaning is Rich Friend and Possession is used as a baby girl name and is substantially used in Danish, Finnish and Norwegian came from Old English. Edvina is feminine of Edvin.
- Nadezda is originated from Russian, Nadezda means "Hope" used largely in Russian and Swedish is bestowed upon girls
- Josaphat - Unfamiliar Josaphat came from Hebrew language is used as a boy name, meaning of Josaphat is "Yahweh has Judged" is notably used in Swedish, German and Danish
Namesakes of Rickard
- Rickard Sandler, Swedish Social Democratic politician
- Rickard D. Gwydir, Confederate soldier, Indian agent
- Rickard Hallström, Swedish curler
- Rickard Koch, Swedish bandy player
- Rickard Ericsson, Swedish entrepreneur
- Rickard Näslin, Swedish musician living in Jämtland, Sweden
- Rickard Christophers, British protozoologist and medical entomologist specialising
- Rickard Engfors, Swedish model, stylist and former drag queen
- Rickard Rydell, retired Swedish racing driver
- Rickard Wallin, Swedish former professional ice hockey centre
- Rickard Roxvall, from 2007 comedy, drama movie Linas kvällsbok, who portrayed Danne.
Lists having Rickard
- Boy names beginning with R
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -ard
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2003)
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean Powerful
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean Peaceful
- Baby Names that mean Dominant
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Hardy
- Baby Names that mean Brave