Dicky meaning and origin
Origin of Unwonted Dicky is in Germanic, meaning of Dicky is "Powerful Ruler, Brave, Diminutive of Richard Rhyming or Variant of Rick" especially used in Danish, English, Finnish and Swedish is bestowed upon boys. Dicky is variation of well-liked and all time favorite Dick. Dick is variant of durable and widespread Richard. Dick is a short version of Richard. Also Dick is short form of Frederick. Dick is form of Richard in English language. Unconventional Dick's origin is Old High German, Germanic and Latin, meaning of Dick is "King and Strong and Peaceful Ruler".
Variants of DickyNames that rhyme with Dicky
Popularity of Dicky
Dicky is a unique baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1925 and was last seen in 1980, during its 50 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1947, it ranked 1190th when 37 boys were named Dicky. Over 975 people have been named Dicky in United States. But Dicky is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 7000 have the name. As per our estimate, over 40000 babies have been bestowed Dicky around the globe.
Dicky in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Dicky
Having letter D as your cornerstone reveals your passion for unusual weird things and people. You are highly intelligent but only a few people know you are capable of committing the perfect crime without getting caught. You try so desperately to change the world. Learn how to separate reality from illusion. Widen your perspective and become more aware of your own existence. You can be pretty stubborn sometimes, however, you always make your point.
Do you like Dicky? You would love these names
- Maila - Skyrocketing Mainstream, Popular and Immutable girl name Maila is used in Norwegian and Danish came from English. Maila is form of Maria in Finnish and Estonian languages
- Ingmar - Odd boy name Ingmar has origin in Old High German and Old Norse, Ingmar means "Famous or Well-Known" is substantially used in German, Norwegian and Scandinavian
- Liselotte - Germanic, German and Hebrew name Liselotte is especially used in Swedish, German and Norwegian, meaning of Liselotte is "God is Fullness, Liese or Lotte" is used for baby girls
- Margriet - Origin of Margriet is in Old Greek bestowed upon baby girls is mostly used in Swedish and Dutch. Margriet is equivalent of Margrit in Frisian language
- Naema - Meaning of Naema is Delicious, Sweet or Pleasant is largely used in Danish, Swedish and German and is given to baby girls is of Hebrew and Arabic origin
Namesakes of Dicky
- Dicky Barrett, was one of the first European traders to be based
- Dicky Rutnagur, Indian sports journalist
- Dicky Barrett, American singer
- Dicky Palyama, male badminton player from the Netherlands
- Dicky Cheung, is Hong Kong actor and singer
- Dicky Richards, South African cricketer
- Dicky Wells, American jazz trombonist
- Dicky Robinson, football player from England
- Dicky Moore, English, London based, singer-songwriter
- Dicky Dorsett, English footballer, who played as a striker
- Dicky Pride, American professional golfer
- Dicky Moegle, former American football halfback
- Dicky Bond, English footballer who played outside right
- Dicky Eklund in The Fighter as Actor
- Dicky Eklund Jr. in Silver Linings Playbook as Actor
- Dicky Fine acted in movie Vampire Vixens from Venus
- Dicky Zulkarnaen played the leading character of Hanafi in 1972 drama film Salah Asuhan.
- Dicky Dahl, from 2015 drama film The Curio, who played Dicky.