Thora meaning and origin
Durable and Eminent Thora majorly is used in Greenlandic, English, Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Faroese and Nordic is a girl name, meaning of Thora is "Thunder, Thor's Fight or Thor's Struggle" has origin in Old Norse, Scandinavian and Japanese. Thora is variant form of eternal and noteworthy Thyra. Thyra is a version of prevailing Tyra. Thyra is equivalent of Thyri in Latin language. Predominant and Perennial Old Norse and Scandinavian Thyra, meaning of Thyra is "Thor, Thunder and The Words Thor Which Means Thunder Thunder God". Thora is version of Thordis. Thordis's meaning is Goddess and Thors Goddess has its origin in Old Norse. Thora is form of timeless and trendy Tora. Tora is version of Thordis. Also Tora is variant of famous and perpetual Victoria. Tora is diminutive of names with "gate". Tora is feminine form of gates or. Also Tora is effeminate form of Tor. Tora means Thunder and God Thor is of Japanese and Old Norse origin.. Thora is equivalent of Þóra in Swedish and Danish languages.
Variants of ThoraNames that rhyme with Thora
Popularity of Thora
Thora is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1883 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1894, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 609 on girl names chart when 72 babies were named Thora. Over 2181 people have been named Thora in United States. Thora is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2008 and achieved its top ranking of 1977 in 2018.
Also, Thora is a familiar name in South Africa, Denmark, Norway, England, India, Germany, Canada, Trinidad and Tobago and Iceland. As per our research, over 4000 people has been named Thora globally.
Thora in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Thora?
Every challenge is there to sharpen your focus and improve your survival skills. You are always in the center of attention and the one who stands for what's right. You are warm but cold at the same time, strong but gentle, depending on the people around you. Start cleaning your karma and you will notice a tremendous change in your life. You prefer to take advantage of people, but feel disappointed when someone takes you for granted.
Looking for names similar to Thora? Please go through the following names
- Norya - Arabic and Japanese name Norya means "Dazzling or Bright" is bestowed upon baby girls
- Kimmie - Meaning of Kimmie is Meadow of the Royal Forest, Cyneburg or From the Royal Fortress Meadow is of Old English and Japanese origin and is commonly used in Norwegian and Finnish is used for both sexes
- Tomio - The uncommon boy name Tomio has origin in Japanese which is specifically used in Japanese language, Tomio means "Wealthy Man"
- Massa - Meaning of Massa is Diamond is originated from American, Native and Japanese is a gender-neutral name
- Yoshihiko - Meaning of Yoshihiko is Splendid is used as a baby boy name and is prevalently used in Japanese has origin in Japanese
Namesakes of Thora
- Thora Birch, American actress and producer
- Thora Hird, English actress and comedienne of stage and screen
- Thora Tomasdottir in Ef as Director
- Thora Karitas in Ástríður as Actress
- Thora Bjorg Helga in Djúpið as Actress
- In 1925 drama film, Skärgårdskavaljerer, Thora Östberg portrayed Alida.
- In 1910, Thora Meincke played the role of Karen in drama, war movie En rekrut fra 64.
Lists having Thora
- Girl names beginning with T
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Japanese Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ora
- Baby Names that mean Thunder
- Baby Names that mean Thor
- Baby Names that mean Fight
- Baby Names that mean Struggle
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean God