Vassily meaning and origin
Vassily means Kingly, Royal or Monarch came from Old Greek and Germanic, primarily used in Russian is given to baby boys. Vassily is version of dominant and all time favorite William. William is resulted from Guillaume. Also William is English form of Wilhelm. Of Germanic and Old High German origin, William, William means "Will and Helmet and Unwavering Protector". Vassily is a form of prominent and evergreen Basil. Originated from Arabic and Old Greek, Basil, Basil means "Brave, Royal Kingly and King Like". It is celebrated on January 2nd.
Variants of Vassily
View middle names that goes with Vassily like Jakoby, Ionn, Seon, Hyle, Zoen,Names that rhyme with Vassily
Popularity of Vassily
Vassily is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 28 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 210 babies in France have been named Vassily. According to our research, at least 200 people have been bestowed Vassily around the globe.
What numerology tells about Vassily?
Taking into consideration your communication skills and charisma, you won't have a problem to attract attention and spread awareness. Harmony and balance matter to you. You are hard-working by nature and success drives you. People take you as a self-absorbed person but you don't care how they take you. You always watch not to hurt anyone's emotions. You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge.
Do you like Vassily? Other names you would love
- Taras - The infrequent boy name Taras means "Of Taras", rooted from Old Greek is used in Russian
- Katjusha - Katjushas origin is Old Greek, meaning of Katjusha is "The Pure" and is bestowed upon baby girls is notably used in Russian
- Jefrem came from Russian and Hebrew, meaning of Jefrem is "Doubly Fruitful" used for boys is used particulary in Russian
- Awreja - The Awreja is used especially in Russian language, Awreja means "Gold Made"
- Kazimir - Unexpected Kazimir predominantly is used in Russian is originated from Polish and Slavonic and a boy name, meaning of Kazimir is "To Destroy"
Namesakes of Vassily
- Vassily Balabanov, administrator and Provincial Governor of Imperial Russia
- Vassily Sinaisky, Russian conductor and pianist
- Vassily Maximov, Russian painter
- Vassily Solomin, boxer
- Vassily Ivanchuk, Ukrainian chess grandmaster and a former World Rapid Chess Champion