Williams meaning and origin
Origin of Darling and Enduring Williams is in German and Germanic is specifically used in English and is given to both genders, meaning of Williams is "Will and Helmet or Resolute Protector". Williams is form of unfading and trendy William. William is derivative of Guillaume. Also William is English cognate of Wilhelm. Timeless and Lofty William came from Germanic and Old High German, meaning of William is "Will and Helmet and Will-helmet". Williams is resulted from Guillaume. Guillaume is a variant of famous and ever lasting William. Guillaume is French cognate of Wilhelm. Also Guillaume is form of Willihelm in French language. Origin of Eminent and Perpetual Guillaume is in Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Guillaume is "Protection, Will and Helmet". It is celebrated on the 10 of January.
Variants of WilliamsNames that rhyme with Williams
Popularity of Williams
Williams is a common name in France given to over 2784 babies in 106 years. At its zenith in 1970, the moniker grabbed the 237th spot and 112 baby boys were given the name. Williams is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1887, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 488 on boy names chart when 86 babies were given the name Williams. There are over 5828 babies that have been given the name Williams in United States.
Williams is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. But Williams is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in, Venezuela, Ghana, Peru, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. According to our findings, over 150000 babies have been named Williams globally.
What numerology tells about Williams?
Having letter I as your first vowel represents your elegance, impulsive attitude, big heart, and gentle soul. You are highly intelligent but only a few people know you are capable of committing the perfect crime without getting caught. You lack passion and wilderness. You are seen as this ignorant, negative person who's full of himself, when in fact, you are the total opposite but only for people who deserve it.
Do you like Williams? Read these names too
- Elwin - Origin of Cherished and All time favorite Elwin is in German and Germanic languages bestowed upon both genders used prevalently in Swedish, Danish and Finnish, meaning of Elwin is "Fair Bow, Elf or Magical Friend". On list of baby boy names, eminent Elwin was spotted at 497th position in 1915 in United States
- Gustav - Gustav's meaning is Stick, Prosperity or Goth is commonly used in Swedish, Faroese and Norwegian and is used for boys is of German, Old Norse and Slavonic origin
- Eunice - Darling and All time favorite unisex name Eunice means "Victorious or Good Victory" used specifically in Finnish and Danish has its origin in Old Greek language
- Leonel - Customary Leonels origin is Latin is used primarily in Norwegian and English, meaning of Leonel is "Young Lion, Lion or The Lion" is a gender insensitive name
- Janae - Noteworthy Janae primarily is used in English, meaning of Janae is "Yahweh is Gracious, God is Gracious Gift or God has Answered" that originated from Hebrew is a gender-neutral name
Namesakes of Williams
- Williams Sassine, Guinean novelist who wrote in French
- Williams Carter Wickham, Virginia lawyer, plantation owner and politician
- Williams Martínez, Uruguayan footballer
- Williams Newton, minor league baseball player as well as an American football and baseball coach
- Williams Reyes, Honduran-born Salvadoran professional footballer
- Williams Belle is known for his acting in movie Yamakasi