Chanel meaning and origin
Used prevalently in French, Danish, English, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish illustrous, Chanel means "Canal or Channel" and is bestowed upon both genders has origin in Old French and Latin. Chanel is French cognate of Chane, Latin Canna = Wine Jug.
Variants of Chanel
View middle names that goes with Chanel like Ance, Jeanine, Delaney, Dionne, Lynette, Gwen,Names that rhyme with Chanel
Popularity of Chanel
Chanel was a popular name in United States. Over 17226 babies have been given the name in 78 years. When at its peak in 1991, 676 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 382nd position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 78 years but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 11 times
Chanel was a common name in England and Wales. Over 1754 babies have been named Chanel since 1996. At the peak of its usage in 1996,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years. Also, Chanel was a common name in France. Over 2018 babies have been named Chanel since 1986. At its zenith in 2009,. However after 34 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Chanel is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 700. Over 116 babies in Switzerland have been named Chanel. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 but could not make beyond the top 500. There are over 222 babies that have been given the name Chanel in Belgium. But Chanel is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 20000 have the name. As per our research, over 20000 babies have been bestowed Chanel around the globe.
Chanel in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Chanel?
You act protectively around the people you love and people who need help. Your happiness and well-being, as well as the happiness and health of the ones you love, are the things you care about. Changes don't represent a problem for you. On the contrary, you are all about change. You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. You are influential and use your influence to do great things.
Looking for names similar to Chanel? Please go through the following names
- Marcial - Origin of Offbeat Marcial is in Latin is used in Spanish used as a boy name, meaning of Marcial is "Martialis"
- Eloise - Meaning of Eloise is Choice or Wood has its origin in Germanic and Latin and is given to both boys and girls is mainly used in Spanish and French
- Roisin - Meaning of Roisin is Rough, Flower Name or Ugly used for baby girls and of Latin origin is commonly used in English and Irish
- Silvester - Eminent and Ever lasting boy name Silvester means "End of the Forest Tribe, Forest Dweller or Of the Forest" has its origin in Latin and German is mainly used in Danish, English and Swedish
- Tauro came from Latin and Spanish is a baby boy name, meaning of Tauro is "Bull". Tauro is resulted from Taurus.
Namesakes of Chanel
- Chanel Cole, Australian musician
- Chanel Iman, She is best
- Chanel Loran in Olive and Mocha: Fast Times at Sugar High as Actor
- Chanelle Hayes in 50 Ways to Leave Your TV Lover as
- Chanelle Haynes in She's Still Not Our Sister as Actress
- Chanel Carrera in My Friend's Hot Mom 18 as Actress
- Chanel Latorre in Magkakabaung as Actress
- Chanelle Nova Rudder in Dream? as Actress
- Chanel Staxx in Can't Be The Barbershop: A XXX Parody as Actress
- Chanelle Bianca Ho in After the Dark as Actress
- Chanel West Coast Chelsea Channel Dudley, best known artistically as Chanel West Coast is an American singer, rapper, songwriter, actress and model, best known for her role on the MTV Ridiculousness television show.
- Chanel Akiko Hirai acted in movie Legend of the Roller Blade Seven