Aksel meaning and origin
Popular boy name Aksel has its origin in Hebrew and Scandinavian, used notably in Swedish, Danish, Faroese, Scandinavian, Norwegian, Icelandic and Finnish languages, Aksel means "Father of Peace". Aksel is form of renowned, biblical and immutable Axel. Axel is version of Absalom. Also Axel is form of unfading and widely accepted Alexander. Axel is a short of Absalom. Axel is Scandinavian equivalent of Absalom. Also Axel is form of Axeln in Swedish language. Axel's meaning is Father of Peace and (God The) Father is Peace has origin in Scandinavian and German. Also Aksel is form of Axeln in Danish language.
Variants of Aksel
View middle names that goes with Aksel like Idas, Princeton,Names that rhyme with Aksel
Popularity of Aksel
A common name in United States with over 1539 new-borns have been given the name since 1989. Presently at its peak, it ranked 1025th when 198 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Aksel is common in France where over 1964 new-borns have been given the name since 1985. Presently at its peak, the moniker grabbed the 294th spot and 202 baby boys were given the name. Also, A common name in Denmark with over 2994 new-borns have been given the name since 2007. Recently peaked at the charts, 337 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 10th position. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times
Aksel is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 2006, peaked in 2018 when it ranked 1382nd. Over 113 babies in England and Wales have been named Aksel. Also, it is uncommon in Switzerland, where it has been in use since 2003 and peaked in 2013 when it ranked 785th. Also, it is uncommon in Belgium, where it has been in use since 2004 and peaked in 2017 when it ranked 773rd. Aksel is a common name in Norway while somewhat familiar name in Turkey, Bulgaria, Estonia, Russia, Armenia, Sweden and Indonesia. At least, 7000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Aksel in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Aksel
You are self-reliant, self-motivated and persistent. You are the most self-motivated person you know. You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition. You are known for your lively spirit, eternal patience and lack of belief when it comes to love. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong.
Do you like Aksel? Read these names too
- Lischen - Girl name Lischen is mostly used in Danish. Lischen is form of Lieschen in German language
- Suzanna - Dominant and All time favorite Hebrew Suzanna bestowed upon baby girls which is used in Norwegian and English, meaning of Suzanna is "Lily or Rose"
- Shelliann - Shelliann's meaning is Ewe, Meadow on a Hilltop and Female Sheep has its origin in Old English is bestowed upon baby girls. Shelliann is resulted from Shelley.
- Suzy - Origin of Well-Liked Suzy is in Hebrew, meaning of Suzy is "Lily" and a girl name is used particulary in Danish and Finnish
- Jolyna - Jolynas origin is English, meaning of Jolyna is "Lene, Jo and God will Add" is used as a girl name. Jolyna is resulted from Jolene.
Namesakes of Aksel
- Aksel Schiøtz, Danish tenor and later baritone
- Aksel Refstad, Norwegian nordic combined skier
- Aksel Sørensen, Danish gymnast
- Aksel Airo, Finnish lieutenant general and main strategic planner during the Winter War and the Continuation War
- Aksel Sandemose, Danish-Norwegian writer
- Aksel Larsen, Danish politician
- Aksel Lund Svindal, World Cup alpine ski racer
- Aksel Leth in Olsen Gang Junior as Actor
- Aksel Støren Aschjem in Olsenbanden Junior går under vann as Actor
- Aksel Ustun in Black Girl in Paris as Actor
- Aksel Morisse in Luftslottet som sprängdes as Actor
- Aksel Hennie in Hodejegerne as Actor
- Aksel Johannesen Aksel Vilhelmsson Johannesen, better known as Aksel V. Johannesen;
- Aksel Dahlerup in short The Seventh Age as Actor
Lists having Aksel
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Norway (2019)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Father
- Baby Names that mean Peace