Ebba meaning and origin
Especially used in Norwegian, Swedish, Faroese, German, Finnish, Greenlandic, Danish, English and Icelandic eternal and predominant, Ebba means "Flowing Tide, Life, Boar-like the Battle, Alive, Sword Tip, Castle or The Elements Ead Meaning Wealth Blessed" that of Old English, Germanic and Old High German origin is used for both sexes. Ebba is shortened form of Elburg. Elburg is version of Adelburg. Acclaimed and Conifer Elburg came from Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Elburg is "Castle and Sword Tip". Ebba is effeminate variant of Ebbo. Ebbo is version of Ebbe. Also Ebbo is version of Names with the First Name Element Jor, Especially Eburhart. Ebbo is also form of Names with the First Name Element Agi. Ebbo is also form of a Last Name Element Beginning with the Letter B. Ebbo is also form of Names with the First Name Element Adal. Persistent and Customary Ebbo is used especially in German and Frisian, Ebbo means "Boar and Eber" is originated from Old High German and Germanic. Ebba is German cognate of Eberhardine.
Variants of EbbaNames that rhyme with Ebba
Popularity of Ebba
Ebba was a popular name in Sweden. Over 5958 babies have been named Ebba since 1998. When at the peak of its usage in 2007, it ranked 10th when 758 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. After 9 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 1 times Ebba is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1888 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1888, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 593 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Ebba. There are over 822 babies that have been given the name Ebba in United States.
Ebba is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1996 and achieved its top ranking of 1903 in 2011. Over 117 babies in England and Wales have been named Ebba. But Ebba is a popular baby name in Ethiopia where every 1 in 20000 have the name. According to our findings, over 20000 babies have been named Ebba globally.
Ebba in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Ebba
People see you as their leader because of your attitude, determination, and creative thinking. You deliver your promises. This is why people trust you with their life. You don't care about how others see you as long as you are feeling good about yourself. Make people feel responsible for their actions so they wouldn't hurt someone else the same way again. If you can buy it with money, it means it's cheap.
Go through the following names similar to Ebba
- Django - Specifically used in Finnish, German and Danish rarefied, Django means "Yahweh is Gracious" and is rooted from Hebrew is used as a baby boy name
- Apollonius - Boy name Apollonius is used mainly in German and Swedish, meaning of Apollonius is "Apollinaria, Dedicated to the Greek God Απολλων or Inspired By the Greek God Apollo" is originated from Old Greek
- Anka - Far-out Anka mainly is used in Swedish and German, meaning of Anka is "Apricot from Nara, The Legendary Phoenix Will-O-The-Wisp or He (God) Was Gracious" is a gender insensitive name has its origin in Hebrew and Turkish
- Jekaterina - Girl name Jekaterina is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Jekaterina is "The Pure" is especially used in Russian, Danish and Swedish
- Jonetta - Far-out Jonetta notably is used in Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish came from Hebrew, meaning of Jonetta is "God's Grace or God is Merciful" is used as a girl name
Namesakes of Ebba
- Ebba Brahe, Swedish countess, landowner, and courtier
- Ebba Witt-Brattström, Swedish scholar in comparative literature
- Ebba Grön, Swedish punk band formed in Stockholm in 1977
- Ebba Hultkvist, Swedish actress
- Ebba von Sydow, Swedish journalist, author, columnist
- Ebba St. Claire, Edward Joseph "Ebba" St
- Ebba Ribbing in Arne Dahl: Misterioso as Actress
- Ebba Forsberg is known for her acting in tvMiniSeries Anderssons älskarinna
- In 1923 drama movie, En rackarunge, Ebba Gard played Mrs. Dammel.
- Ebba Nørager, from 1950 crime flick Smedestræde 4, who played the Elsebeth Jacobsen.
- Ebba Thomsen characterized critical role of Princess Irene in 1912 romance flick Den glade løjtnant.
- In 1921 flick, Der rätselhafte Tod, Ebba Holm portrayed N.
- In 1918 romance flick, Hendes Hjertes Ridder, Ebba Lorentzen characterized N.
Lists having Ebba
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Flowing
- Baby Names that mean Life
- Baby Names that mean Boar
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Alive
- Baby Names that mean Sword
- Baby Names that mean Tip
- Baby Names that mean Castle
- Baby Names that mean Wealth
- Baby Names that mean Blessed