Absalom meaning and origin
Odd boy name Absalom is used largely in Hindi, Finnish, Hebrew, Swedish and English that of Hebrew origin, meaning of Absalom is "God the Father is Peace". Absalom is Latin form of The Hebrew Name אַבְשָׁלוֹם = Father. Absalom is Latin form of Peace.
Variants of AbsalomNames that rhyme with Absalom
Popularity of Absalom
Absalom is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1971 but could not make beyond the top 5000. Over 167 people have been named Absalom in United States. Absalom is a rare baby name in England and Wales however it is still in use. Absalom is a common name in South Africa, Namibia, Israel, Indonesia, Malawi and Kenya while somewhat familiar name in Zimbabwe, DR Congo, Tanzania, Nigeria, Swaziland, Papua New Guinea, Zambia, Ghana and Philippines. According to our evaluation, at least 10000 people have been bestowed Absalom around the globe.
Numerological aspects of Absalom
Planning is what keeps your mind in shape. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. When it comes to love, you can't stand a monogamous relationship. Don't judge someone the moment you meet the person but give people time to prove their value. Your life interests change as you change, constantly. You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Absalom
- Meinard - Originated from Old High German, Meinard is used as a baby boy name, Meinard means "Power or Strength" is dominantly used in Swedish, German and Finnish
- Dolf - The boy name Dolf means "Fame or Wolf" is of Old High German and Germanic origin is used commonly in English, Danish and Finnish
- Indi - Unheard-of Indi is used notably in Swedish, English and Hindi is rooted from English, Indi means "Indian or Born in India" is used as a unisex name
- Agate - Meaning of Agate is The Agate Stone is a baby girl name, dominantly used in Norwegian, Finnish and Danish has origin in Latin
- Artemi - Widely Accepted boy name Artemi is used particulary in Danish, Swedish and Russian is of Old Greek origin. Artemi is Russian form of Artemas. Also Artemi is equivalent of Artemis in Russian and Finnish languages
Namesakes of Absalom
- Absalom Tatom, U.S. Congressman from North Carolina
- Absalom Shade, businessman and political figure in Upper Canada
- Absalom Harris Chappell, American politician and lawyer
- Absalom Jones, African-American abolitionist and clergyman
- Absalom Willis Robertson, American politician from Virginia
- Absalom Baird, career United States Army officer
- Absalom Shade Allan, Ontario merchant and political figure
- Absalom, third son of David, King of Israel with Maacah
- Absalom Bittner is known for his acting in video Depraved