Alexios meaning and origin
Alexios is version of outstanding and perpetual Alexis. Alexis is short version of names with "Alex". Alexis is Greek form of Αλεξιος. Of Old Greek origin, Anomalous Alexis, Alexis means "The Defender, To Help and The Word Alexein Which is of the Meaning to Ward Off to Defend".
Variants of AlexiosNames that rhyme with Alexios
Popularity of Alexios
Alexios is an uncommon baby name in United States where it has been in use since 1980 and peaked in 1980 when it ranked 6252nd. There are over 124 babies that have been given the name Alexios in United States. But Alexios is a popular baby name in Greece where every 1 in 2000 have the name. At least, 8000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Alexios in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Alexios?
When it comes to relationships, you hate monogamy and easily fall in and out of love. You are the manager of events and organizer of partying among your friends. You are a blessed person even if you don't know it yet. You play with people's emotions when it comes to romantic relationships because of the fear of betrayal. You are enthusiastic, always do something productive, however, you lack creativity. In order to refuel your soul with creativity, travel, or do something unusual for you.
Do you like Alexios? You would love these names
- Genises - Odd girl name Genises is originated from Old Greek, Genises means "Birth". Genises is derived from Genesis.
- Nichole - Originated from Old Greek, Famed Nichole is substantially used in German and Danish, Nichole means "Victory of the People or People's Victory" is used as a gender insensitive name
- Gorgonio - Unheard-of Gorgonios origin is Old Greek, meaning of Gorgonio is "Violent One" is given to boys
- Egidius - Meaning of Egidius is The Beschützende or Aigilops is predominantly used in Norwegian and Finnish and a boy name is originated from Old Greek
- Kariana - Origin of Offbeat Kariana is in English-American and Old Greek is particulary used in Swedish and English, a baby girl name, meaning of Kariana is "Pure"
Namesakes of Alexios
- Alexios I Komnenos, was Byzantine emperor from 1081 to 1118
- Alexios II Komnenos, was Byzantine emperor from 1180 to 1183
- Alexios III Angelos, was Byzantine Emperor
- Alexios V Doukas, was Byzantine emperor
- Alexios I of Trebizond, was, with his brother David
- Alexios IV of Trebizond, or Alexius IV
- Alexios II of Trebizond, or Alexius II
- Alexios III of Trebizond,
- Alexios IV Angelos, was Byzantine Emperor
- Alexios Branas, Byzantine nobleman, attempted usurper
- Alexios Schandermani, Iranian German writer
- Alexios Strategopoulos, Byzantine general during the reign of Michael VIII Palaiologos