Peyton name meaning
On This Page
What does Peyton mean?
Meaning of Peyton is Farm of Poega, From the Fighter's Farm or Pawa Which Means Peacock is used in English used as a gender-neutral name came from Latin and Old English.
Is Peyton a suitable baby name?
Peyton is a great name for a baby. It is strong, gender-neutral and has literary connotations. It can be used for both boys and girls, making it an ideal choice if you are looking for something unique.
The name has a British origin dating to the Middle Ages and has increased in popularity in recent years. It is often associated with intelligence and strength of character, which makes it a great option for any baby! Plus, the short form of Peyton - Pey - makes it an even more appealing name choice.
All in all, Peyton is an excellent name that will surely make your little one stand out from the crowd!
How do I pronounce Peyton?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Peyton is pay-ton. The other ways to say the name is pe(y)-ton.
Variants of Peyton
Nicknames for Peyton
Promising nickname for baby name Peyton include:Names that rhyme with Peyton
How popular is the name Peyton?
Peyton was a very popular name in United States. Over 120579 babies have been named Peyton since 1884. When at the peak of its usage in 2009, the moniker grabbed the 42nd spot and 5311 baby girls were given the name.
However after 177 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 1 times Peyton used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 1988 babies have been given the name in 37 years.
When at its peak in 2010,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 37 years.
Peyton is a familiar baby name in New South Wales, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 72 babies were given Peyton and it reached its peak ranking, 97 on girl names chart. Also, in Queensland, in just 10 years, it has made it to the top 100 names.
In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 53 on girl names chart when 94 babies were given the name Peyton. There are over 747 babies that have been given the name Peyton in Queensland.
In France, Peyton is a unique name where it has been in use since 2007 and has secured the place in top 2000 names. Recently in 2017, it ranked 1255th when 33 girls were named Peyton.
Over 252 babies in France have been named Peyton. The given name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. In Belgium, it has been in use since 2007 and achieved its top ranking of 521 in 2016.
There are over 123 babies that have been given the name Peyton in Belgium.
Peyton is a rare baby name in New South Wales however it is still in use. Also, Peyton is a familiar name in Taiwan.
According to our research, at least 120000 people have been bestowed Peyton around the globe.
Peyton in Nordic countries
What numbers say about Peyton?
You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. The letter P as your cornerstone revels your passionate character. If you do things that require passion and courage, your heart grows. When it comes to life goals, you are cautious and always plan precisely your next steps. You are always open to new adventures. You are never bored. Even when you are alone. Open your eyes before it's too late and explore your options.
Other names similar to Peyton, for would be parents
- Solemne - Solemnes origin is Latin, meaning of Solemne is "Solemn"
- Ovydo - Meaning of Ovydo is Ovis is a baby boy name is rooted from Latin. Ovydo is derivation of Ovid.
- Loria - Loria's meaning is Modern Variant of Lora or Laurie Referring to the Laurel Tree or The Bay is originated from Old Provençal and Spanish given to both boys and girls is used mainly in English and English
- Alta - Primarily used in English and Spanish durable and lofty, Alta aimed at both genders, meaning of Alta is "High" is originated from Latin
- Lorenc - Meaning of Lorenc is Laurel is commonly used in Albanian and a boy name is of Latin origin
Middle names for Peyton
These progressing and in vogue middle names flows beautifully with the baby name Peyton .
View more middle names that goes with Peyton.
Famous people named Peyton
- Peyton M. Magruder, aircraft designer best
- Peyton Young, American game theorist and economist
- Peyton Randolph, planter and public official
- Peyton Manning, former American football quarterback
- Peyton Randolph, Democratic-Republican politician from Virginia
- Peyton C. March, United States Army officer
- Peyton Reed, American television and film director
- Peyton List, American film and television actress and professional model
- Peyton Sellers, American professional stock car racing driver
- Peyton Hinson in Boy Culture as Actress
- Peyton Roney in The Warrior in the Wuss as Actress
- Peyton Wright in Episode #1.4 as
- Peyton Hayslip in All the Boys Love Mandy Lane as Actress
- Peyton McDavitt in Star Seed as Actress
- Peyton Harrison acted in short Singles
Lists having Peyton
- Boys names beginning with P
- Girls names beginning with P
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that ends with -ton
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2017)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Town
- Baby Names that mean Fighter
- Baby Names that mean Farm
- Baby Names that mean Patrician
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Fighting
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Estate
- Baby Names that mean Royal
- Baby Names that mean Village
- Baby Names that mean Peacock