Elsie name meaning
On This Page
What does Elsie mean?
Elsie means Form of Elizabeth, Consecrated to God, Pledged to God, Oath of God, God is Satisfaction, My God is Bountiful, God of Plenty, My God is Abundance, My God has Sworn or God is Fullness is used substantially in Finnish, Icelandic, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and English.
It is rooted from Germanic and Hebrew is given to both genders. Elsie is resulted from Elisabeth. Elisabeth is a form of mainstream leading and unfading Elizabeth. Prominent and Ever lasting Elisabeth is originated from Hebrew, Elisabeth means "My God is Perfect and God is My Oath".
Elsie is English equivalent of Alice. Also Elsie is Scottish and English equivalent of Elizabeth. Also Elsie is form of Elsa in English and Scottish languages. Also Elsie is form of Elsie in English language.
It is celebrated on November 17th.
How do I pronounce Elsie?
The two syllabled name Elsie is commonly pronounced as el-see. e-lsie or el-sie are another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of ElsieNames that rhyme with Elsie
How popular is the name Elsie?
a very popular name in United States with over 179509 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1896, 5194 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 31st position.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 33 times Also, Elsie is a popular in England and Wales where over 13142 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, 1875 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 22nd position. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 6 times
A common name in Sweden with over 136 new-borns have been given the name since 2018.
Currently at its peak, 136 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 96th position. Also, Elsie is a common name in New South Wales given to over 702 babies in 7 years.
The name is current favorite of the parents, in 2019, 142 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 44th position. Also, A common name in Victoria having over 449 recievers in 6 years of usage.
At present the name is rising, in 2018, 105 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 52nd position.
In Ireland, Elsie is a familiar name where it has been in use since 1964 and has secured the place in top 200 names.
Recently in 2018, 53 babies were given Elsie and it reached its peak ranking, 109 on girl names chart. Over 423 people have been named Elsie in Ireland. Also, in Queensland, in just 6 years, it has made it to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 98 babies were given Elsie and it reached its peak ranking, 48 on girl names chart. There are over 446 babies that have been given the name Elsie in Queensland.
Also, in Western Australia, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 65 babies were given Elsie and it reached its peak ranking, 29 on girl names chart.
Elsie is an uncommon baby name in France, although it has been in use since 1904 but could not make beyond the top 800. There are over 661 babies that have been given the name Elsie in France.
In Belgium, it is relatively new, first appeared in 2004. Elsie is a rare baby name in Sweden where it is still in use. There are over 136 babies that have been given the name Elsie in Sweden.
and also in Western Australia. But Elsie is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, South Africa, England, Ghana, Canada, Papua New Guinea and Kenya.
As per our evaluation, over 350000 babies have been bestowed Elsie around the globe.
Elsie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Elsie?
You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. You are not very excited when it comes to meeting new people because you expect disappointment. Competing with people won't bring you much but, compete with yourself will make you better than you were yesterday. People who know you describe you as driven and ambitious. You want to be the boss in every situation. You want a stable, deep connection with people.
Do you like Elsie? Read these names too
- Avery - Avery's meaning is Elf Counsel, Rules with Elf-wisdom or Leader of the Elves is of English, Old French and Germanic origin which is used prevalently in English and English is a gender-neutral name . Dominant name Avery captured 191st position on baby boy names chart in 2018 in United States
- Marjorie - Widespread and Perennial Marjorie has its origin in Hebrew and Latin is a unisex name, Marjorie means "Child of Light or Diminutive of Margaret" is used in Finnish, Swedish and Scottish
- Alvin - Predominant and Conifer Old English and Old High German Alvin means "Noble Friend or A City on a White Hill" which is used particulary in Gujarati, English and Swedish is aimed at both sexes
- Elijah - Preeminent and Venerable unisex name Elijah has its origin in Hebrew used dominantly in Arabic, English and Norwegian languages, meaning of Elijah is "Sweet or Smart"
- Monique - Of Latin, Greek and Old Greek origin, Prominent Monique given to both boys and girls, meaning of Monique is "Warn, Recluse or Hermit" is used chiefly in Danish, French and Norwegian
Middle names for Elsie
These are the attractive and familiar middle names that we love for the name Elsie.
View more middle names that goes with Elsie.
Sibling Names for Elsie
The name Elsie is a classic and elegant choice for a baby girl. If you're considering giving your little one this beautiful name, you may also be interested in finding the perfect sibling names to pair with it. Here are some great options that complement Elsie perfectly.
Names for Elsie's sister
Brother for Elsie
Famous people named Elsie
- Elsie Jane Wilson, cinema actress, director
- Elsie Fox, American screenwriter in the 1930s
- Elsie Lessa, Brazilian journalist and writer of American descent
- Elsie Eaves, first female associate member of the American Society of Civil Engineers and a founding member of the American Association of Cost Engineers
- Elsie M. Burrows, English botanist
- Elsie Gerlach, Dr
- Elsie Suddaby, British lyric soprano during the years between World War I and World War II
- Elsie Griffin, English opera singer
- Elsie Ivancich Dunin, dance ethnologist, choreographer
- Elsie Southgate, British violinist
- Elsie Vaalbooi, South African woman
- Elsie Ripley Clapp, American educator
- Elsie MacGill, first woman in Canada to receive a bachelor's degree
- Elsie Wayne, Canadian politician
- Elsie Inglis, innovative Scottish doctor, suffragist
- Elsie Janis, American singer, songwriter, actress
- Elsie Ferguson, American stage and film actress
- Elsie Leung, Hong Kong politician and solicitor
- Elsie Lefebvre, Quebec politician
- Elsie Carlisle, popular English female singer both before and during the British dance band era of the 1920s and 1930s
- Elsie de Wolfe, , the press often referred to her as Lady Mendl
- Elsie Tu, English-born Hong Kong social activist
- Elsie Sigel, granddaughter of General Franz Sigel
- Elsie Ritchie, American actress with a brief film career
- Elsie Fogerty, English teacher
- Elsie J. Oxenham, as her pseudonym when her first book
- Elsie Locke, New Zealand writer, historian
- Elsie Whitaker Martinez, was renowned for her beauty in youth and old age
- Elsie Widdowson, British dietitian and nutritionist
- Elsie Clews Parsons, American anthropologist, sociologist, folklorist
- Elsie Naumburg, American ornithologist
- Elsie Driggs, American painter
- Elsie Woodward in as
- Elsie Taylor in Macbeth as Actress
- Elsie Brown in The Penny Pool as Actress
- Elsie Wagstaff in Saturday Night and Sunday Morning as Actress
- Elsie Baker in The Ghosts of Hanley House as Actress
- Elsie Hilario in Lean on Me as Actress
- Elsie Albert in short Beauty and the Beast as Actress
- Elsie Albiin portrayed the central role of Francesca Hutton in 1950 drama, romance film Sangue sul sagrato.
- Elsie Attenhofer played leading role of Anneli in 1940 drama, romance film Die mißbrauchten Liebesbriefe.
- Elsie Bishop, from 1920 comedy film Girls Don't Gamble, who played Mrs. Fisher.
- Elsie Bower portrayed the main role of N in 1926 western film Lure of the West.
- Elsie Byron, from 1947 movie Trece onzas de oro, who played the N.
- In 1922, Elsie Craven portrayed the role of Gilliken in drama flick Mord Em'ly.
- In 1975, Elsie Downey portrayed the role of Multiple in comedy film Moment to Moment.
- In 1914 drama flick, The Pawn of Fortune, Elsie Esmond played N.
- In 1996, Elsie Höök characterized the role of Hot Dog Woman in thriller movie Passageraren.
- Elsie Irving, from 1934 comedy and crime film Seeing Is Believing, who characterized Lady Mander.
- Elsie Moore, from 1932 comedy movie A Lucky Sweep, who characterized N.
- In 1918 movie, Satan in Sydney, Elsie Prince portrayed Anna Maxwell.
- In 1976, Elsie Roman played the role of N in action and adventure flick Devil's Express.
- In 1942 comedy movie, Gert and Daisy Clean Up, Elsie Waters characterized Gert.
Lists having Elsie
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -sie
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1933)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Consecrated
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Pledged
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Satisfaction
- Baby Names that mean Bountiful
- Baby Names that mean Plenty
- Baby Names that mean Abundance
- Baby Names that mean Sworn
- Baby Names that mean Fullness