Arland name meaning
On This Page
What does Arland mean?
Arland is variant form of pleasing Arlen. Arlen is variant of timeless and famous Harlan.
Is the name Arland suitable for a newborn?
Yes, Arland is a suitable name for a newborn boy. It has Gaelic origins and means "Pledge" or "Oath." The meaning of the name conveys an important message to the child about honor and commitment.
It's an excellent choice for parents who want their son to be aware of his responsibilities throughout life. Furthermore, this name is easy to pronounce and spell so it will make the life of teachers easier when they call out his name during roll call in school.
Finally, this name carries with it a rich cultural heritage which makes it all the more special for your little son
How do I pronounce Arland?
The three syllabled name Arland is commonly pronounced as a-rla-nd. The other ways to say the name is ar-land.
Variants of ArlandNames that rhyme with Arland
How popular is the name Arland?
Arland is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1901 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1935, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 893 on boy names chart when 50 babies were named Arland.
Over 1749 people have been named Arland in United States. Also, Arland is a familiar name in Philippines. According to our estimate, over 2000 babies have been named Arland globally.
Here's what numbers has to say about Arland
The letter A as your cornerstone reveals your ability to lead people and get them to do the stuff you want them to do. You have an artistic soul and see yourself as the hero in every situation. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. Besides being a good friend, you are a caring, passionate partner and devoted to your family. The only thing holding you back is your lack of flexibility.
Do you like Arland? Read these names too
- Rafarti means Rich and Prosperous has origin in Irish and Gaelic is used as a boy name. Rafarti is derived from Rafferty.
- Dahey means Movable or Nifty is used substantially in Irish. It is rooted from Irish is bestowed upon baby boys
- Nalley - Unheard-of Nalleys origin is Irish, meaning of Nalley is "A Poor Man" is used as a gender insensitive name. Nalley is resulted from Nally.
- Bannie - Oldie and Infrequent Bannie has its origin in Irish, Bannie means "One who Reads the Banns, Blond Child and Small and Fair" is bestowed upon both sexes. Bannie is derivative of Banning.
- Berie has its origin in English is used as a baby girl name, Berie means "Noble and Bright, Head and Botanical Name". Berie is derivative of Berry.
Sibling Names for Arland
If you're searching for the perfect sibling name to complement your baby boy's moniker, look no further than this curated list of options for Arland. Whether you want a name that shares similar sounds or complements it with a contrasting style, there's something here for every family's taste.
Sister to Arland
For a brother
Famous people named Arland
- Arland D. Williams Jr., Arland Dean Williams Jr
- Arland Bruce III, former Canadian football wide receiver
Lists having Arland
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -land
- Baby Names that mean Hare
- Baby Names that mean Land
- Baby Names that mean Army