Brighid name meaning
On This Page
What does Brighid mean?
Creative and adventurous Brighid is used largely in English and Irish is of Celtic origin is bestowed upon baby girls. Brighid is variant of prevailing and ceaseless Bridget. Bridget is form of renowned Brigitte.
Bridget is English cognate of Brigitte. Also Bridget is English cognate of Brighid. Bridget means Power and To Help is of Celtic origin.
How does Brighid feel as a baby name?
Brighid is a strong, impactful choice for a girl's name. This old Gaelic name has been earning attention. It comes from the Irish Goddess of fire and poetry, Brigit, and means 'greatly exalted.' Parents may value this for its significance and its strong associations.
The name itself sounds beautiful and speaks to strength and freedom. Importantly, Brighid is ideal if you wish to acknowledge Irish roots while celebrating the arrival of a little girl.
How do I pronounce Brighid?
One syllabled Brighid is pronounced as brighid.
Variants of BrighidNames that rhyme with Brighid
How popular is the name Brighid?
Brighid is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 41 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 504 babies in United States have been named Brighid. It had a short run of 9 years on Ireland girl names chart.
According to our estimate, at least 500 people have been bestowed Brighid around the globe.
Numerological analysis of Brighid
Having letter B as your cornerstone means having the gentlest heart ever. You take things too seriously. People admire your endless hope that things will get better in the world and your courage to do what others avoid to do. You are persistent to always get where you indented to. You lack adventure. You allow your past to ruin your present and future because you have a hard time letting go of things.
If you like Brighid, you would love these names
- Vivianne - Meaning of Vivianne is Variant of Vivien or Lively is a girl name, mainly used in Swedish and Finnish has origin in Latin and Celtic
- Tadhg - Trendy Tadhg is originated from Old Irish, Celtic and Old Greek languages bestowed upon baby boys used in Scottish, Irish and Gaelic, Tadhg means "Poet"
- Donard - Used especially in English unexpected, Donard aimed at boys, Donard means "Ruler of the World and World Mighty" is originated from Celtic. Donard is derivative of Donald.
- Nils - Durable and Trendy Nils is used notably in Greenlandic, Danish and Scandinavian is a baby boy name, Nils means "Victory of the People, Son of Neil or People of Victory" is rooted from Celtic, Old Greek and English
- Shanandoah - The girl name Shanandoah means "Ancient, Little Old Wise One and Old" is originated from Celtic. Shanandoah is a derivative of Shannon.
Sibling Names for Brighid
Brighid, an Irish name meaning "exalted one," is a beautiful option for your little girl. If you're looking for sibling names that complement Brighid's unique and charming nature, we've got you covered. Here are some great options to consider.
Sister to Brighid
Brother for Brighid
Famous people named Brighid
- Brighid Fleming in Gamer as Actress
- Brighid Thomas acted in movie How the Fire Fell
Lists having Brighid
- Girl names beginning with B
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Irish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Bri
- Baby Names that mean Strength
- Baby Names that mean Power
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Help
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Saint
- Baby Names that mean Sublime