Arlene meaning and origin
Widely Accepted and Perpetual Arlene has its origin in English and German languages is used as a unisex name which is principally used in English and Irish, Arlene means "Pledge, Oath, Charlene, Darlene, Marlene, Strong, Vigorous or Child". Arlene is short of Charlene. Charlene is variation of unfading and admired Caroline. Also Charlene is variant of timeless and famous Charlotte. Charlene is also version of renowned Sharlene. Charlene is English equivalent of Charline. Charlene means Female Version of Charles, Army and Manly is rooted from Old High German and Germanic.
Variants of Arlene
View middle names that goes with Arlene like Justine, Iren, Leora, Rachelle, Lina, Sloane,Names that rhyme with Arlene
Popularity of Arlene
Arlene was a popular name in United States. Over 142509 babies have been named Arlene since 1888. When at its peak in 1934, 3916 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 53rd position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 171 years. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 14 times Arlene is a unique baby name in Ireland, it had been in use since 1965 and was last seen in 2000, during its 36 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1984, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 157 on girl names chart when 39 babies were named Arlene. There are over 480 babies that have been given the name Arlene in Ireland.
Arlene is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. In France, it had been in use since 1936 and made it to the top 600 but has appeared since 2006. Over 367 babies in France have been named Arlene. However things change on global perspective, Arlene is extremely popular in Philippines where every 1 in 600 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Brazil and Canada. At least, 460000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Arlene in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Arlene?
You are all about adventure and travel. You want to travel the world and inspire people to do the same. You remind people that life is for you to live it, and not survive, something many do these days. You are a good listener, and always give the best advice, especially when it comes to relationships. You are often taken as crazy because of your fearlessness and courageous acts you take to achieve your aspirations.
Looking for a name like Arlene? Please go through the following names
- Mae - Noteworthy and Evergreen unisex name Mae is of English origin, meaning of Mae is "Kinswomen, May or Bitter" is used majorly in English and French. In 1958, famous name Mae bagged 495th position on baby girl names chart in United States
- Ayden - Admired Celtic and Old Irish Ayden means "Fire" which is used mainly in English and Arabic is aimed at both boys and girls
- Nevaeh - Rising and Widespread Nevaeh is used in Arabic and English, Nevaeh means "Peace, Angels or Heaven" bestowed upon both sexes is rooted from English
- Maxine - Outstanding and Perennial unisex name Maxine is used largely in Swedish, English and German that of Latin origin, meaning of Maxine is "Greatest or Great Woman"
- Ella - Ella's meaning is The Name of a Fairy-tale Heroine, Beautiful Fairy Woman or Gabriella has origin in Gothic, French and Germanic which is specifically used in English, German and Danish is used as a gender insensitive name
Namesakes of Arlene
- Arlene McCarthy, Member of the European Parliament for North West England for the Labour Party
- Arlene Hunt, Irish novelist
- Arlene Horowitz, American women's activist and the author the 'Women's Educational Equity Act'
- Arlene Croce, founded 'Ballet Review' magazine in 1965
- Arlene Banas, voice actress
- Arlene Sierra, American composer of contemporary classical music
- Arlene Saunders, American spinto soprano opera singer
- Arlene J. Chai, Filipino-Chinese-Australian author
- Arlene Dahl, American actress and former Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer contract star
- Arlene Phillips, English choreographer, theatre director, talent scout
- Arlene Francis, American actress
- Arlene Martel, American actress, writer, and acting coach
- Arlene Klasky, American animator, graphic designer
- Arlene Wohlgemuth, former Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives
- Arlene Foster, Northern Irish politician serving as Leader of the Democratic Unionist Party since December 2015 and Member of the Northern Ireland Assembly for Fermanagh and South Tyrone since 2003
- Arlene Golonka, American actress
- Arlene Sanford, American film and television director
- Arlene Howell, former American television actress
- Arlene Alda, American musician, photographer and writer
- Arlene Blum, American mountaineer, writer
- Arlene White Lawrence, Bishop and the third President and General Superintendent of the Pillar of Fire Church
- Arlene Harris, Canadian-born American radio, film
- Arlene Raven, feminist art historian, author, critic, educator
- Arlene Perly Rae, Canadian journalist, literary critic and author
- Arlene Violet, religious sister
- Arlene Dickinson, Canadian businesswoman, investor, author
- Arlene Corwin, from 1960 crime and drama film Juke Box Racket, who played Judy.
Lists having Arlene
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -lene
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1945)
- Baby Names that mean Pledge
- Baby Names that mean Oath
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Vigorous
- Baby Names that mean Child