Irvin name meaning
On This Page
What does Irvin mean?
Predominant and Ceaseless English, Old High German, Germanic, Old English and Celtic Irvin is used in Swedish, English, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish, meaning of Irvin is "White, Place Name, Beautiful, Green Water, Sea Friend, From the City, Army, Warrior, Yew, Shrub or Marine Friend" is given to both genders.
Irvin is variation of renowned Yves. Yves is French equivalent of Ivo. Also Yves is French cognate of Ivo. Yves means Yew Wood, The Archer and Yew came from Celtic and Old High German.
Irvin is resulted from Irwin. Irwin is form of eternal and commonly accepted Irving. Irwin is form of Eoforwine in English language. Also Irwin is German equivalent of Erwin. Irwin means Sea Lover, Boar Friend and Scotland has its origin in Germanic, Welsh and Celtic.
Irvin is short form of Irving. Irving is variation of customary Yves. Irving is equivalent of Erwin in English language. Irving's meaning is From the City, Yew and Green River is largely used in English and Scottish is of Celtic and English origin..
The name is celebrated on May 19th.
What's Irvin like for a baby name?
Irvin is a charming and unique baby boy name of Gaelic origin. The name has a refreshing and natural aura, as it means "green" or "fresh water." Its simplicity makes it stand out among other popular names, without being too complex or difficult to pronounce.
Irvin has a pleasant sound that rolls smoothly off the tongue, leaving an impression of calmness and serenity. This soft and gentle name would be perfect for parents who are looking for an uncommon yet meaningful choice for their baby boy.
It's a name that reflects the beauty of nature in all its glory!
How do I pronounce Irvin?
Two syllabled Irvin is pronounced as i-rvin. Some people pronounce it as ir-vin or er-vin.
Variants of IrvinNames that rhyme with Irvin
How popular is the name Irvin?
a popular name in United States with over 39397 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Recently the name is rising, in 1881, 817 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 140th position.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names a staggering 84 times Irvin is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1954 and was able to reach the top 700 names.
In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 674 on boy names chart when 36 babies were named Irvin. There are over 528 babies that have been given the name Irvin in France.
Irvin is an uncommon baby name in still in use in England and Wales. But Irvin is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 20000 have the name.
According to our estimate, at least 50000 people have been bestowed Irvin around the globe.
Irvin in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Irvin?
You want to inspire people to do more in life and thrive to accomplish more. You are a spiritual person who tends to focus on personal growth and development more than career and material things. You are compassionate and always put other people's needs before yours. You are intelligent and independent. You believe planning revenge is a waste of energy and time and you use those doing something productive or noble.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Irvin
- Bari - Unconventional Celtic, Old Norse and African-Swahili Bari is a unisex name mainly used in Danish, Old Norse and Arabic, meaning of Bari is "Beautiful or Pointed"
- Brionna - Eminent Brionna is used mainly in English is originated from English and Celtic, Brionna means "A Flowering Vine, The Name of a Flowering Vine Used in Folk Medicine or Hill" is bestowed upon baby girls
- Birgitt - Girl name Birgitt means "Sublime or The Exalted One" has its origin in Celtic and Old Norse is used mostly in Nordic, Scandinavian and Finnish
- Birgitta - Birgitta's meaning is Sublime or The Exalted One used for baby girls has its origin in Old Norse and Celtic is used principally in Nordic, Swedish and Finnish
- Tristana - Tristana's meaning is Legendary Celtic Hero is prevalently used in Finnish and Swedish used as a girl name is rooted from Welsh and Celtic
Sibling Names for Irvin
If you're considering naming your baby boy Irvin, you might be keen to select a sibling name that complements it. Fortunately, there are plenty of options that work well alongside Irvin. From vintage and traditional options to more modern monikers, here are some great names to consider for siblings of an Irvin.
Sister for Irvin
Brother to Irvin
Famous people named Irvin
- Irvin F. Westheimer, American businessman and social reformer
- Irvin Duguid, Scottish musician and composer
- Irvin William Akerley, Nova Scotia businessman and politician
- Irvin Morris, Navajo Nation author from the Tobaahi clan
- Irvin Abell, surgeon from Louisville, Kentucky
- Irvin Mhlambi, South African football striker
- Irvin Leigh Matus, independent scholar, autodidact, and author
- Irvin D. Yalom, American existential psychiatrist
- Irvin Cohen, American mathematician at MIT
- Irvin McDowell, career American army officer
- Irvin Yeaworth, Irvin Shortess "Shorty" Yeaworth Jr
- Irvin Kershner, American actor and director of film and television
- Irvin Feld, business entrepreneur
- Irvin Baxter Jr., Irvin Baxter Jr
- Irvin S. Cobb, American author, humorist, editor and columnist
- Irvin Dorfman, outstanding amateur American tennis player
- Irvin Smith, former gridiron football defensive back
- Irvin Khoza, South African football administrator
- Irvin Pelletier, Quebec politician and notary
- Irvin Phillips, former American football defensive back
- Irvin Mayfield, Irvin Mayfield Jr
- Irvin S. Pepper, Irvin St
- Irvin Berwick directed the movie Hitch Hike to Hell
- In 2004, Irvin Alberti played the role of Monchy Ventura in comedy, romance film Negocios son negocios.
Lists having Irvin
- Boys names beginning with I
- Girls names beginning with I
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -vin
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Place
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Green
- Baby Names that mean Water
- Baby Names that mean Boar
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean City
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Army
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Yew
- Baby Names that mean Shrub