Artur name meaning
What does Artur mean?
Uncommon boy name Artur came from Celtic which is mainly used in German, Italian, English, Danish, Polish, Finnish, Swedish, Hungarian, Faroese, Norwegian and Irish languages, Artur means "The Bear". Artur is variant of durable and famous Arthur. Arthur's meaning is Stone, Noble Strength and The Bear has origin in Celtic and Germanic. Artur is variation of Arnþórr. Also Arnþórr is variant transcription of ARN;ÞOR. Also Arnþórr is variant transcription of ARN;ÞORIR.
How do I pronounce Artur?
The two syllabled name Artur is pronounced, a-rtur. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., ar-tur or ar-toor.
Variants of ArturNames that rhyme with Artur
How popular is the name Artur?
Artur is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1997 and was able to reach the top 700 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 684 on boy names chart when 51 babies were named Artur. Over 533 babies in England and Wales have been named Artur. The first name is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 1995, it ranked 2685th when 28 boys were named Artur. There are over 697 babies that have been given the name Artur in United States. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1908 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1973, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 465 on boy names chart when 45 babies were named Artur. Over 813 people have been named Artur in France.
Artur is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2005 and peaked in 2010 when it ranked 278th. Over 155 babies in Ireland have been named Artur. Also, it is among the top 600 boy names in Switzerland. There are over 113 babies that have been given the name Artur in Switzerland. Also, it is uncommon in Belgium, where it has been in use since 2001 and peaked in 2012 when it ranked 532nd. Over 136 babies in Belgium have been named Artur.
However things change on global perspective, Artur is extremely popular in Russia where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in Poland. Also the baby name is popular in Uzbekistan, Brazil, Germany, Armenia, Mozambique, Angola, Belarus, Ukraine, Portugal, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Albania and Tajikistan. At least, 1060000 people globally have carried Artur as their given name according to our findings.
What numerology tells about Artur?
The number 4 as your soul urge no symbolizes your need to put everything in order. There isn't a person you can't charm. You are a seducer who doesn't care about true love but deep inside, you die to find someone who will teach you what true love looks like. Lower your expectations in people and increase the expectations you have in yourself. You don't brag with your success and tend to keep a low profile.
Looking for a name like Artur? Please go through the following names
- Malvina - Admired and Ever lasting girl name Malvina means "The Word Maol-Mhin Meaning Smooth Brow, Girlfriend or Composition Of Court", rooted from Celtic, Old English and Old High German is used in Swedish and Danish
- Jean-Arthur means God is Merciful or Bear has its origin in Hebrew and Celtic
- Merille means Star of the Sea, Fragrance of God and Shining Sea is originated from Celtic is a girl name is primarily used in English. Merille is resulted from Muriel.
- Joyce - Skyrocketing Skyrocketing and Loved unisex name Joyce means "Joyce or Rejoicing" which is rooted from Breton and Celtic is specifically used in Finnish, Arabic and Norwegian
- Zavrina mostly is used in English aimed at baby girls, meaning of Zavrina is "Sabrina or A Princess" has its origin in Celtic
Famous people named Artur
- Artur Gavazzi, Croatian geographer and cartographer of Italian ancestry
- Artur London, Czechoslovak communist politician and co-defendant
- Artur Hazelius, Swedish teacher, scholar
- Artur Zawisza, Polish politician
- Artur Bugaj, Polish football player
- Artur Santos, Portuguese journalist and local politician
- Artur da Costa e Silva, Brazilian Army General and the second President of the Brazilian military government that came to power after the 1964 coup d'état
- Artur Ivens Ferraz, Portuguese military officer and politician
- Artur Dinter, German writer and Nazi politician
- Artur Partyka, former Polish high jumper and two-time Olympic medalist
- Artur Bodanzky, Austrian-American conductor particularly associated with the operas of Wagner
- Artur Fürst, German-Jewish author of novels and short stories
- Artur Kapp, Estonian composer
- Artur Lundkvist, Swedish writer, poet and literary critic
- Artur Żmijewski, Polish visual artist, filmmaker and photographer
- Artur Żmijewski, Polish movie and stage actor
- Artur Pappenheim, German physician and hematologist
- Artur Kohutek, Polish hurdler and soldier of the Polish Army
- Artur Alliksaar, Estonian poet
- Artur Ekert, British-Polish professor of quantum physics at the Mathematical Institute
- Artur Fischer, German inventor
- Artur Schnabel, Austrian classical pianist, composer, and teacher
- Artur Sanhá, politician in Guinea-Bissau
- Artur Davis, American attorney and politician
- Artur Axmann, German Nazi national leader of the Hitler Youth
- Artur Mas, Spanish politician, Catalan nationalist
- Artur Petrosyan, former Armenian football player
- Artur Văitoianu, Romanian general
- Artur Rodziński, Polish conductor of opera and symphonic music
- Artur Potocki, Polish nobleman
- Artur Śliwiński, 8th Prime Minister of Poland
- Artur Boruc, Polish professional footballer
- Artur de Sousa Pinga, footballer and later coach
- Artur de Sacadura Cabral, Portuguese aviation pioneer
- Artur Władysław Potocki, Polish nobleman
- Artur Wichniarek, retired Polish footballer who played as a striker
- Artur Taymazov, Ossetian-Uzbek-Russian wrestler and politician
- Artur Jorge, Portuguese football manager and former player
- Artur Yusupov, Russian chess grandmaster and a chess writer
- Artur Azevedo, Brazilian playwright, short story writer
- Artur Artuzov, intelligence officer and spymaster of the Soviet Union
- Artur Dmitriev, Russian former pair skater
- Artur Wojdat, former international swimmer from Poland,
- Artur Phleps, Austro-Hungarian
- Artur Rojek, former guitarist and lead singer of the Polish alternative rock group Myslovitz
- Artur Voskanyan, Armenian football coach and former player
- Artur von Casimir, German 'Oberst' and former bomber pilot
- Artur Górski, Polish politician
- Artur Ostrowski, Polish politician
- Artur Krysiak, Polish professional footballer
- Artur Chilingarov, Armenian-Russian polar explorer
- Artur Svensson, Swedish sprinter
Lists having Artur
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- Celtic Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Hungarian Boy Names
- Irish Boy Names
- Italian Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Polish Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Bear