Camila name meaning
On This Page
What does Camila mean?
Noteworthy Camila is used mainly in Spanish, Finnish, Norwegian, English, Portuguese, Danish and Swedish, Camila means "Acolyte, Accomplished or Perfect" is originated from Arabic, English, Italian, Czech, Latin, Spanish and Portuguese is a unisex name .
Camila is form of customary, enduring and sacred Camille. Camille is variant of imperishable and prevailing Camilla. Camille is French cognate of Camillus. Also Camille is equivalent of Camilla in French language.
Customary Latin Camille, meaning of Camille is "Attendant for a Temple and Honorable Births". Camila is variation of cherished and conifer Camilla. Camilla is feminine version of Camillus. Camilla means Attendant for a Temple and Chamomile has its origin in Latin and Greek.
How do I pronounce Camila?
The most common pronunciation of three syllabled Camila is cah-mee-la. c(a)-mi-la is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Camila
Nicknames for Camila
Check out these nickaname options for the given name Camila:Names that rhyme with Camila
How popular is the name Camila?
Camila is a very popular name in United States given to over 69957 babies in 93 years. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 18th spot and 7473 baby girls were given the name.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 8 times Camila is a common name in France given to over 1526 babies in 38 years. At present peaking at the charts, 219 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 275th position.
Camila is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. Recently in 2017, it ranked 1219th when 28 girls were named Camila.
There are over 223 babies that have been given the name Camila in England and Wales. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 297 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Camila. Over 196 people have been named Camila in Switzerland.
Camila is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, its highest ever rank is 553 (2018) in its 15 years run on Belgium naming chart.
Over 128 babies in Belgium have been named Camila. The first name is a rare baby name in Ireland and may not be used now. However things change on global perspective, Camila is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 800 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Chile, Mozambique, Mexico and Angola. According to our research, over 390000 babies have been named Camila globally.
Camila in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Camila
Try to be more compassionate and humane. You rock as a person. You don't take love very seriously. You love life and life loves you. You don't care about how others see you as long as you are feeling good about yourself. You have the heart of a warrior. When it comes to life goals and career, you always give your best. You are a daydreamer who can spend hours of wandering your imaginative world.
Parents who liked Camila, loved these names
- Tyna - Tyna's meaning is Anointed, An Instrument or Christ's Follower is originated from Latin and Germanic is a girl name is primarily used in Hindi, Sindhi and Czech
- Melyne - Latin name Melyne means "Combination of Melanie and Linda and Black" is aimed at baby girls. Melyne is short of Melinda.
- Apollinaire - Meaning of Apollinaire is About Apolon is principally used in French which originated from Latin and Old Greek is a baby boy name
- Cesilia - Outlandish Latin Cesilia means "Indication of the Gender of Caecilier and Blind One", a baby girl name is substantially used in Swedish and Norwegian. Cesilia is resultant of Cecilia.
- Auguste - Outstanding and Ever lasting unisex name Auguste means "The August, Majestic or Sublime" that of Latin origin is used largely in Tamil, German and Finnish
Sibling Names for Camila
Choosing the perfect name for your baby can be a daunting task. If you've settled on the lovely name "Camila", we've put together a list of sibling names that complement this beautiful name. Whether you're looking for something classic or modern, this list has got you covered.
Sister to Camila
For a brother
Famous people named Camila
- Camila Canabal Sapelli, Venezuelan TV hostess currently living in Miami
- Camila Sodi, Mexican singer, actress and model
- Camila Finn, Brazilian fashion model
- Camila Bordonaba, Argentine actress, singer-songwriter, dancer
- Camila Ashland, American actress
- Camila Morgado, Brazilian actress and television presenter
- Camila O'Gorman, 19th century Argentine socialite executed over a scandal involving her relationship with a Roman Catholic priest
- Camila, Mexican pop rock group
- Camila Pitanga, Brazilian actress and former model
- Camila Offerman in La antena as Actress
- Camila Perez in El Mundo Más Allá as Actress
- Camila Gutierrez in The Kids Are All Right as Soundtrack
- Camila Nakagawa in Rivals II: Rumble in the Jungle as
- Camila Hirane in Joven y alocada as Actress
- Camila Mateos in Esperanza mía as Actress
- Camila Ibarra in Genesis as Actress
- Camila Mayrink in Foreign Affairs as Actress
- Camila Márdila in Que Horas Ela Volta? as Actress
- Camila Grey Camila Gray. Gray was a bass player and keyboardist for the band Mellowdrone.
- Camila Amado in TV series Aline as Actress
- Camila García characterized leading role of niña in 1999 drama film El Desquite.
- In 1982, Camila Griggs played the role of Joy Paschal in action and adventure film Forced Vengeance.
- In 1987 action and crime film, Las esclavas, Camila Perissé characterized Erika.
- In 1915, Camila Quiroga characterized the role of N in drama film Mariano Moreno y la revolución de Mayo.
- In 2002, Camila MacLennan characterized the role of María in drama flick Vladimir en Buenos Aires.
- Camila Aguirre characterized crucial character of N in 2006 drama movie Rabia.
- Camila Raznovich played main character of Laura in 2008 comedy film Doppio - Dubble.
- Camila Outon, from 2016 comedy, romance film Lo Siento Laura, who played the Laura.
Lists having Camila
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Cam
- Girl names that ends with -ila
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Acolyte
- Baby Names that mean Perfect